Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st August 2022 onwards

Supacell

Posted

I’m at my in-laws in Telford atm waiting to see if the storms on the Welsh border/Hereford move anywhere towards here, before going back home to Wrexham. My hubby is moaning at me because he wants to go home. Is it worth me hanging on or will those storms not make it here? 😆  

I'm currently peed off as earlier today I was down Somerset way and missed those storms around Warminster by a couple of hours lol  

Edited by SarahWxm
  • Like 2

Posted
19 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Cornwall seems to have been badly affected according to Tomas S. According to the BBC News, you will be able to received text alerts for flooding from later in the year.

Yes it’s the mobile alert system. Like the emergency alerts in the US and many other countries. Was meant to launch in December, then in the Spring, then in the Summer.

Guess Priti is too busy….

WWW.GOV.UK

Your mobile phone or tablet may get an emergency alert if there’s a danger to life nearby. Alerts tell you what to do to stay safe.

Edited by seb
  • Like 1

Posted

Keeping a watchful eye on the radar, anything gets within the vicinity after darkness & i'll head out

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

When you look at the satellite, the fax charts, where the low pressure is etc, it feels like there should at least be storms moving in from the channel tonight. Alas, it just never seems to happen like that, not any more anyway,

• Like 4

Posted
15 minutes ago, SarahWxm said:

I’m at my in-laws in Telford atm waiting to see if the storms on the Welsh border/Hereford move anywhere towards here, before going back home to Wrexham. My hubby is moaning at me because he wants to go home. Is it worth me hanging on or will those storms not make it here? 😆  

I'm currently peed off as earlier today I was down Somerset way and missed those storms around Warminster by a couple of hours lol  

Unfortunately it looks to be heading in the direction of Kidderminster. Wolverhampton and on to cannock.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Well I’ve just driven through North East Lincs through thunderstorm. Apparently it had been thundering in Louth from about 4pm. As I left the area at 5pm to travel back to Yorkshire I followed the storm (thunder, lightning & heavy persistent rain) towards the Humber Bridge. Even very nearly got taken out by a strike as driving along there was a very bright white flash in front of my windscreen!! Of course the dash cam only records for so long & Sod’s Law dictates that by the time I got home, it was overwritten from the minute after that strike! Pulled over at Humberside Airport to watch the storm for about 10mins. Not good footage though as too much background traffic noise 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by RebsAbbo
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
6 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Looks like things are getting going around here too, and the radar supports that, with small cells to the North and South

I had a good view of that developing line across E/S London driving back from a class and to my eye there’s not enough oomph or height in the developing cells to generate much if any lightning. Yes there’s enough moisture to drop a good localised downpour but I’m not convinced there’ll be much sparks…would love to be wrong though 😇

Posted
22 minutes ago, Peachy said:

Unfortunately it looks to be heading in the direction of Kidderminster. Wolverhampton and on to cannock.

Typical of my luck today 😆 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
1 hour ago, ThundersnowDays said:

Have walked down those very steps when on hols a number of years ago...lovely village...incredible to see that waterfall though whilst still sitting hear in the arid drylands..

1 hour ago, FBR said:

Looking west from Gloucester towards Hereford... lucky gits. Still bone dry here 🙄

20220815_193610.jpg

Beautifull !!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

If this lot hold out may see some flashes fron the furthest west storm as they move ne..

Screenshot_20220815-204137_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e8dcf370bab598feb149135f49e7ba16.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
9 minutes ago, snow raven said:

Just seen fork lightning across the sky, followed by a very distant rumble of thunder ⛈️ 

Was eating dinner - bugger!

Posted
9 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Yes...the storms over Italy presently are much more like it!! If we could just get some on that level !!

Screenshot_20220815-205007_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6c6949f3ad71fa6b84972e9b61094c27.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
7 minutes ago, Sam jackson88 said:

something growing north of Guernsey fingers crossed it grows

Had a nice elevated sunset ruined by a load of low cloud that's come in off the channel. Certainly doesn't feel thundery anymore, but the cool breeze is amazing after the last week. Let's hope there's enough energy in the mid-levels to make something out of those Guernsey radar returns.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Parts of Cornwall and Devon could see another deluge during the early hours.

I'm liking the FAX chart for Wednesday - marked the area of interest:

PPVI89.thumb.gif.2ce9ca2d904f81a8927c00f1067ff124.gif

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 6

Posted
18 minutes ago, ResonantChannelThunder said:

Had a nice elevated sunset ruined by a load of low cloud that's come in off the channel. Certainly doesn't feel thundery anymore, but the cool breeze is amazing after the last week. Let's hope there's enough energy in the mid-levels to make something out of those Guernsey radar returns.

Cant figure out which way they are heading? Wonder if they will grow

Posted
8 minutes ago, camturbo said:

Cant figure out which way they are heading? Wonder if they will grow

Pretty much directly northeast. They're not showing any signs of growing at all so far, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, Peachy said:

Maybe Stafford too, but not expecting anything here, thunderless area this year

Posted
4 minutes ago, ResonantChannelThunder said:

Pretty much directly northeast. They're not showing any signs of growing at all so far, unfortunately. 

Sounds about right!!! Fingers crossed they do

• Like 1

Posted

still absolutely nothing in my area. It really is quite incredible to go more than 2 years without thunder. Even on a day like today where most of the country have had some thunder or rain.

• Like 5