Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st August 2022 onwards

Supacell

Posted

Nothing here, unless it kicks off this evening, looking at the radar it looks like another bust

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, Biggin said:

And first rumble of thunder yay

In Beckenham? The cell that was developing here and since moved off has now turned thundery - nothing heard here 😞 

Posted

It is looking increasingly likely that the south coast wont see any storms, so very unfortunate for the likes of Bournemouth, Southampton and places like that. seems to be initiation further inland on convergence zones. The only good chance is overnight Tuesday and into Wednesday morning but even so that looks to be waning. seems to be tomorrow the good day for more central areas and midlands and north eastern England. sucks to be on the south coast. Today seems to be for east Anglia and wash area, met office says more widespread tomorrow especially in SW, wales , west midlands and central england!! 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

In Beckenham? The cell that was developing here and since moved off has now turned thundery - nothing heard here 😞 

Yep 2nd more distant just now, No strikes on the radar tho strange

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and long, sunny summers

Tomorrows UKV looks very explosive in terms of thunderstorm development, with most of england and wales being hit. Hopefully it can make up for the lack of storms for me this year, i mean the most extreme weather i have had so far this year was pea sized hail 😆

Screenshot 2022-08-15 153130.png

Screenshot 2022-08-15 153154.png

Screenshot 2022-08-15 153219.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Thunder heard here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

The Devon storm is a beast on the radar. Meanwhile, we had about 6 drops of rain from the light blue returns over us now 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Posted

I’m right on the western edge of the storms moving to my east from the south east, so I can hear them and see the odd flash so defo moving through the Boston area.

humidity is 81% here according to my gauge with current temp of 29oC very oppressive, with that summer smell of damp ground after a downpour 😃.

LO

Posted
8 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

This isn't fair lol

image.png

That does not look quite right there is a line on the radar not really showing on that map.

ECEA1557-8744-4914-A965-7842EFD3C33D.png

Edited by Lincs Observation
Map missing

Posted

I'm 10 miles northwest of this beast of a storm in Devon in the Somerset border and it's just non-stop rumbling I think it is definitely MCS it looks like it on radar

Edited by harrywhiterowoutdoors
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Very heavy rain (not torrential at the moment), thunder and lightening every 10 seconds or so at the moment in Exeter....finally!  Plants and trees everywhere breathing a sigh of relief i should think, here's to hopefully plenty more rain for us all in the drought areas

Hope it fills my water butt up!

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny with a bit of Thunder ....

Hi,

Very interesting here in SE Cornwall.

The showers / storms are just north of me and heading up the spine of the SW - we can hear continuous rumbling but the house and garden are bathed in sunshine and still bone dry!

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, ResonantChannelThunder said:

The Devon storm is a beast on the radar. Meanwhile, we had about 6 drops of rain from the light blue returns over us now 🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, harrywhiterowoutdoors said:

I'm 10 miles northwest of this beast of a storm in Devon in the Somerset border and it's just non-stop rumbling I think it is definitely MCS it looks like it on radar

And this is on the 70th anniversary of the Lynmouth disaster. Hopefully not a repeat or another Boscastle.

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, Weather-history said:

And this is on the 70th anniversary of the Lynmouth disaster. Hopefully not a repeat or another Boscastle.

I have seen on radar some very heavy  rainfall so  hopefully people will be safe and we don't get a repeat of that terrible day 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny with a bit of Thunder ....

That one went past me a couple of hours ago - but looking at the radar now it is almost all of West Devon!

However, totally agree with the sentiment!

Another going past now with another on the Radar to the West.

The accumulated radar totals from Cornwall are already concerning. Spot totals over 100mm already in places. Unfortunately I'm expecting to see isolated severe flash floods, could be some concerning images in the next hour or two.