Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Coldest minima recordings season 22-23

damianslaw

Posted

-17.3 degrees Braemar figure to beat, can we go lower overnight/tomorrow morning?

What is the coldest min England so far, -9 degrees Benson?  Shap should go below -10 degrees, it is already -9.6 degrees. 

Other low current mins include Warcop -6.9 degrees and Keswick -6.4 degrees. Cumbria rapdily becoming the cold pole of England. Wonder if any lakes are starting to freeze..

• Like 1

Posted

The wind has picked up in the Highlands area with snow showers so -17.3C won't be beaten. Nowhere will even get close.

Redesdale Camp with -11.8C is England's lowest.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Sawel said:

The wind has picked up in the Highlands area with snow showers so -17.3C won't be beaten. Nowhere will even get close.

Redesdale Camp with -11.8C is England's lowest.

Thanks for that hadn't realised Redesdale Camp went that low, was that the temp from this morning?

Posted

Currently -5.6C here so it's already the coldest night of 2022. It'll be interesting where we end up as anything under -5C isn't too common here.

Posted
2 hours ago, Osbourne One-Nil said:

For the third consecutive night, and the 4th night in the past week, it dropped to -8.7º here. Four ice days in a row too. 

The Cumbria cold pole continues...

Tonight another bone chiller..

Any updates current mins last 24 hours, what are the benchmarks for Scotland and England currently. Getting used to clear blue skies and freezing conditions with everything iced up all day. It feels akin to Dec 2010.

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, damianslaw said:

How cold did we go last night / morning, mins for Scotland and England, suspect coldest temps of this spell.

Coldest I saw on WOW was -15.8C at Stobo in Peebles (el. 234m). The Grampians/Deeside, which had been coldest previously, had warmed up a good few degrees. I think there were several at -8C to -10C in Lakes, Lancashire, S.Wales, Gloucestershire but I can't suggest which was lowest in England.

WOW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

The UK Met Office Weather Observation Website (WOW). WOW allows anyone to submit their own weather data, anywhere in the world.

There's currently a -8.4C on offer in Gloucestershire as of 18:25.

WOW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

The UK Met Office Weather Observation Website (WOW). WOW allows anyone to submit their own weather data, anywhere in the world.

Edited by Aleman

Posted
2 hours ago, damianslaw said:

The Cumbria cold pole continues...

Tonight another bone chiller..

Yep; currently -9.4º and no sign of the high clouds that have rolled in on previous evenings. 

Posted
5 hours ago, damianslaw said:

How cold did we go last night / morning, mins for Scotland and England, suspect coldest temps of this spell.

As I mentioned in my post above, the winds had picked up in the Highlands and it wouldn't get anywhere near as cold overnight, and it didn't. Lowest UK temperature was -11.8C in Drumalbin, 35 miles SE of Glasgow.

Posted
2 hours ago, Aleman said:

Coldest I saw on WOW was -15.8C at Stobo in Peebles (el. 234m). The Grampians/Deeside, which had been coldest previously, had warmed up a good few degrees. I think there were several at -8C to -10C in Lakes, Lancashire, S.Wales, Gloucestershire but I can't suggest which was lowest in England.

WOW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

There's currently a -8.4C on offer in Gloucestershire as of 18:25.

WOW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Thanks - suspect Shap was cold spot, below -10 degrees, tonight its already below -10 degrees, so could be coldest England temp so far.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

It was -5C at 9pm yesterday evening, which is the lowest it got. The temp has fluctuated between -4 and -5 all night. 

I must admit I’m not quite sure why it hasn’t gotten any colder here despite having clear skies and light winds all night, especially when there are places elsewhere recording -11C with exactly the same conditions. 

Edited by cheese

Posted
7 hours ago, Frigid said:

Could see a -10c around the NW. Looking like the coldest region tonight.

Already recorded -9c, the coldest since Dec 2010

-10.8 a short while ago here. 

Fresh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

The Netweather tracker currently has Benson at -13°C. Would beat England's previous low if correct.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

We has a low of -6.5C here, -6C currently, lowest here since probably 2010, very rare to get this cold on the coast in the South West of the country!

Edited by DeepSnow
Spelling error

Posted

RobR has noted -10 at Reaseheath, Nantwich, Cheshire, a temperature difference of almost 50 degrees compared with 18-19th July. And living just a few miles away, I can vouch for the difference! And absolutely no snow here either!

Edited by A Face like Thunder

Posted

An acquaintance on social media said home was -8C but his car dropped to -14C on his travels so that's another very cold spot in Cambridgeshire somewhere. I can't get WOW to load at the moment. It must be busy.

Posted

Only a pathetic -10.5C here on the outskirts of Cirencester, was running late so it may have dipped more than that but blooming cold walking the dogs!

Posted

Manage now and there was a -12.4C at Linton, Cambridgeshire. There seems to be a big urban heat island differential everywhere. Rural temps look 5C+ lower than urban ones in lots of places so I suppose his car dropping from -8C to -14C as he drove into the countryside does not seem unreasonable.

WOW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Edited by Aleman
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
Just now, Aleman said:

Manage now and there was a -12.4C at Linton, Cambridgeshire. There seems to be a big urban heat island differential everywhere. Rural temps look 5C+ lower than urban ones in lots of places so I suppose his car dropping from -8C to -14C as he went into the countryside seems realistic.

WOW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Linton is about 7 miles from me here, and we reached -10c in central Cambridge, which is unusually low for my part of the country.

I suspect the heavy snow cover and clear skies is allowing temps to really drop away.