Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Winter 2022/23 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, DIS1970 said:

Still sweet FA of much falling here, just a box standard cold snap at the moment.

Are you being serious ? We are one day into the cold spell 😂🙈

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I hope we can get a surprise snowfall before next week.

In other years, we've had snow just pop up in situ in this sort of setup, and seeing as we're stuck under a slack low, you'd think there'd be a little more action?

If not, some freezing fog please......that would be amazing, as we've not had any for years.

But I suppose we're doing a whole lot better than last year's 'no snow no frost' winter? 😁

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

If not, some freezing fog please......that would be amazing, as we've not had any for years.

Ah yes, rime on every surface, up to an inch thick on trees, absolutely stunning sight, even the chance of crystallised fog leading to localised ‘snow’ . 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

A winter wonderland on the Yorkshire wolds….had to work out though if we’d had snowfall or just a really hard frost….think the second pic suggests an accumulation of a light dusting of snow. ❄️ Very frozen now tho & that’s the main risk, although I’m only recording current temp of 0c with the overnight low only being 0c too 🤷🏼‍♀️….feeling colder than that.  Knew as it had been so wet of late that ice was going to be the issue. Not been on the roads yet 😬

Could contain: Shelter, Outdoors, Hut, Nature, Countryside, Neighborhood, Sky, Weather, Housing, Roof

Could contain: Dog, Canine, Pet, Finger, Puppy, Glove, Outdoors, Nature, Ice, Chair

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A hard frost in my west London hometown (-4°C) overnight, but just above freezing here in the Czech Republic. The outlook here is very seasonal, getting progressively colder next week with snow on some days. Temperatures could fall to -11°C at night with daytime maximums of -6°C. Makes my SAD a bit more bearable! Hope winter lovers get their snow fix in the UK too, it’s looking quite promising.

Could contain: Mobile Phone, Phone, Electronics, Text

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, Mythic Cold said:

Not sure why they are cheering on the lack of frontal snow on the mad thread 😔

I'll be interested to learn just what an 'embarrassed' piece of computer code looks like...😁

Posted
17 minutes ago, Mythic Cold said:

Not sure why they are cheering on the lack of frontal snow on the mad thread 😔

yep - checked the 6z  - very uninspiring so expected some doom and gloom in the mod thread but no lots of hyper ventilating- each to their own i guess

Posted

I'm sure I heard a BBC weather forecast on the radio this morning saying that temperatures should start warming up from monday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Some toys already being thrown.

We are in the cold, there is a decent chance of widespread snow across parts of the country (south coast, SE and SW, midlands and Scotland) yet people are complaining!

Sadly as with all snow/cold events the IMBY takes over and unless people are forecast blizzards in their own garden its a nothing for them.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn & Mild
2 minutes ago, Rich_T said:

I'm sure I heard a BBC weather forecast on the radio this morning saying that temperatures should start warming up from monday

There is talk that by next weekend into the approach to Christmas it may turn slightly milder.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, throwoff said:

Some toys already being thrown.

We are in the cold, there is a decent chance of widespread snow across parts of the country (south coast, SE and SW, midlands and Scotland) yet people are complaining!

Sadly as with all snow/cold events the IMBY takes over and unless people are forecast blizzards in their own garden its a nothing for them.

Well, I grew up in what is now Milton Keynes, about as far inland as it's possible to be, and the vast majority of cold spells were dry; with most of any snow coming courtesy of either disturbances running down the North Sea or from sliding/disrupting frontal incursions from the southwest...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

An absolutely stunning winter's morning - a temp of -1°C, lovely blue sky, sparkly hard frost and the air is nice and fresh and crisp. Despite it being below freezing, it doesn't really feel that cold. I suppose because it's a dry cold and sunny, and I tend to feel the cold more when it is damp.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
11 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

An absolutely stunning winter's morning - a temp of -1°C, lovely blue sky, sparkly hard frost and the air is nice and fresh and crisp. Despite it being below freezing, it doesn't really feel that cold. I suppose because it's a dry cold and sunny, and I tend to feel the cold more when it is damp.

I thought that until took my hat off for about five minutes; my bald head and the top of my ears started to freeze!🥶

Edited by Gowon
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
Just now, Gowon said:

I thought that until took my hat off for about five minutes; my bald head and the top of my ears started to freeze!🥶

Not sure why, but your comment made me laugh. 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
Just now, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Not sure why, but your comment made me laugh. 😂

🤣

Did you picture me freezing my bald head off?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

A couple of pics of my drive to work on the Yorkshire Wolds this morning...

Could contain: Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Sky, Ice, Road, Car, Snow, Tarmac

Could contain: Gauge, Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Tachometer

• Like 9