Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summer days with calm seas to swim in, cold frosty snowy winters

We had chaos earlier this morning with freezing rain. (Isle of Man). Thin layer of snow over the hilltops.  Current temp at 300asl 4C. 

Edited by RabbitEars
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Very little thaw so far, even off the cars but it’s gloomy and looks like anything that falls later will be rain rather than snow.

thankfully the trip to the Trafford Centre was cancelled so today is being spent inside putting the Christmas tree and other bits up.

A week early for us and the outside lights were put up last week but we’re trying to get everything sorted before the birth of our first grandchild stops any plans in its tracks.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Light rain for the past couple of hours and snow cover is thawing and turning to vile slush on pavements and roads. I'm pleased there isn't going to be a big freeze over tonight as it would just end up being horrendous in the morning on roads and pavements.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

I have to say Cumbria gonna get some floods by the end of next week as wind and rain return due to rapid thaw. I hope it won't be that bad.

• Like 5

Posted

Anyone any thoughts on this finger of heavier stuff coming in south of Southport. It seems to be heading east towards an area between the M65 and M62. Its showing as fairly heavy and if it stays that way is it possibly going to fall as snow as it comes over higher ground. Out in Manchester right now so planning the journey home, as it gets a little difficult if more snow falls. Thanks. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Just tiny patches of snow left here and there around here, the vast majority of the 00000000000.1mm covering has gone lol. A pretty poor effort but at least we've had a bit of snow cover. In the end it just wasn't heavy enough to give a bigger accumulation, we was under most of the light stuff. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The rain has no problem reaching me. ☹️

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
8 minutes ago, PennineMark said:

Anyone any thoughts on this finger of heavier stuff coming in south of Southport. It seems to be heading east towards an area between the M65 and M62. Its showing as fairly heavy and if it stays that way is it possibly going to fall as snow as it comes over higher ground. Out in Manchester right now so planning the journey home, as it gets a little difficult if more snow falls. Thanks. 

At first I thought it was heading NE but your right it does seem to be east now so we’ll soon find out, unless it dies out of course.

the lighter stuff to the southwest is knocking on the door here now so I suppose it’ll give a good idea but it’s making painfully slow progress and no doubt has already been taken over by the milder uppers.

• Like 5

Posted

A milder feel to the day today with temps reaching a balmy 2c, we have had a couple of rain showers today. All but a few patches from yesterday snow have gone, between showers it's turning very icy. 

A epic fail for the metoffice looking at  the pictures from around Cumbria there should of been a read warning issued.

• Like 5

Posted
26 minutes ago, iand61 said:

At first I thought it was heading NE but your right it does seem to be east now so we’ll soon find out, unless it dies out of course.

the lighter stuff to the southwest is knocking on the door here now so I suppose it’ll give a good idea but it’s making painfully slow progress and no doubt has already been taken over by the milder uppers.

It seems to be getting heavier the further inland it creeps. Looks like you might be in the sweet spot if it does snow.

• Like 4

Posted

Just cleared the snow off the cars and drive and it’s certainly not slushy although not frozen underneath either.

as for the heavier band of something currently crossing Lancashire; it hasn’t quite got here yet but looking at the radar it’s only about 4 miles away so I should know in the next few minutes but no signs of anything falling yet.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

A drab grey snizzly, drizzly day with a gradual thaw after last nights snow excitement - a decent event and cold spell for so early in the season and by South Cheshire standards 3-6cm of wet snow making it the earliest and deepest snowfall to occur locally since Dec 2017 but not quite as cold as last years Dec 2022 early December cold spell that saw multiple ice days and -9c minima (‘only’ -6c this year) but not much snow. Considering most cold spells of any substance and with snowfall tend to occur post Xmas though we’ve done well - Cumbria often misses out on heavy snow but inland parts seem to have hit the jackpot this weekend an event to remember for them. 

The heaviest snow later in the night was to Cheshire’s  south and north east over North Staffs & parts of Derbyshire - likes of Stoke saw 8-10cm of wet snow. Here’s some pics of the snow locally fingers crossed it’s not long till we can get some more this Winter!

🤞👀❄️ 

F7F5846B-6E37-4B7A-8B66-618839000831.jpeg

69D84FA0-E4E4-4A55-9A6F-5AE151E1B0A8.jpeg

Edited by Joe Snow
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Light rain here in Old Glossop. 

Gritters are out already so must be expecting ice or snow.

Anyway, some festive brass.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc

0°C here now and it feels like it's trying to do something but hasn't made it's mind up yet 🤔🤨

• Like 5

Posted

Just started doing something but it’s more sleet than snow.

the main area with the bright echoes seems to have stopped at the town centre and is refusing to head any further east although if it’s rain, it can stop there.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Raining here unfortunately maybe if I look hard enough I can say it's sleet haha. Can't see there being any more snow here for a while tbh. Until the next cold spell arrives.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Aweful! absolutely chucking it down with rain up here 😄

• Like 6

Posted
23 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Just started doing something but it’s more sleet than snow.

the main area with the bright echoes seems to have stopped at the town centre and is refusing to head any further east although if it’s rain, it can stop there.

Snowing at Spring Mount. Flakes increasing in size all the time 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW

I suggest we all just say screw it and move to Norway. It’s like trying to get blood from a stone trying to get snow up here, I know this and I’ve only been here 14 months.🤣

• Like 6