Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Sorry for your loss if I could I'd give you a little hug I would. My mum has been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer last week and has a growth on her kidney so suffice to say it's been a worrying time lately and they aren't sure how long she has left. Didn't want to put a dampner on this thread before the snow arrived so didn't say anything. Been here there and everywhere with her for tests, scans and biopsies over the last few weeks. Been a kick in the teeth really as she's never seen me truly happy in my life so far as I've had a lot of problems. Just as I was getting my life on track more than ever before we got this bad news. Feel bad that I've not really had long with her as she had me at nearly 44 and I'm 38 now. One thing I'll say though is your mum wouldn't want you to be sad forever about her, this is what my mum said to me the other day. She said live your life Gareth I've had mine, I don't want you to be sad about me all the time after I go as it's not what I would've wanted for you, this made me feel a bit better. Like @Had Worsesays time is a healer as well.

Sorry to hear your news Dark Horse… best wishes and hugs to you and your mum 🤗 wise words from your mother too ❤️ 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
42 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Sorry to hear your news Dark Horse… best wishes and hugs to you and your mum 🤗 wise words from your mother too ❤️ 

Aye agree, I have nearly 99 year old Nan, dementia probably stage 6, always aware when I see her, could be last time, but a great age! hope I'll be going to King's Bromley for a while yet though

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Kale with Garlic and Ancho Chilli Flakes. 

This will accompany sausage, bacon, scrambled egg, beans and plum tomatoes for tea.

20231204_173852.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Dark Horse said:

Sorry for your loss if I could I'd give you a little hug I would. My mum has been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer last week and has a growth on her kidney so suffice to say it's been a worrying time lately and they aren't sure how long she has left. Didn't want to put a dampner on this thread before the snow arrived so didn't say anything. Been here there and everywhere with her for tests, scans and biopsies over the last few weeks. Been a kick in the teeth really as she's never seen me truly happy in my life so far as I've had a lot of problems. Just as I was getting my life on track more than ever before we got this bad news. Feel bad that I've not really had long with her as she had me at nearly 44 and I'm 38 now. One thing I'll say though is your mum wouldn't want you to be sad forever about her, this is what my mum said to me the other day. She said live your life Gareth I've had mine, I don't want you to be sad about me all the time after I go as it's not what I would've wanted for you, this made me feel a bit better. Like @Had Worsesays time is a healer as well.

Thanks mate, you will get through this. What ever the outcome, celebrate your mum.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
26 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Kale with Garlic and Ancho Chilli Flakes. 

This will accompany sausage, bacon, scrambled egg, beans and plum tomatoes for tea.

20231204_173852.jpg

Hash cakes for tea

• Like 6

Posted
2 hours ago, cheshireoak said:

Rush are you clocking 5.4C in Macc?? might have to check batteries  and recalibrate my recorder

Yes, please bear in mind that I  am in the middle of town, so I will be that bit warmer than out in the rurals.  Current temp for 6.30pm for my location 4.2°C, weather station higher up in the hills is 3°C.

• Like 6

Posted

The uneaten article 

20231204_183257.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A miserable day today, overcast and gloomy with outbreaks of rain at times and a max temp of 4.4C. Just about the worst type of weather at this time of year.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Constant rain all day at times heavy. 6.1 mm accumulated.

Currently 3.9°C.

• Like 5

Posted
2 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Sorry about your mum, tough time ahead for you both, my thoughts with you.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Best wishes to you both from me as well

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Yes, thoughts are with you @Dark Horse  it's sounds like a very tough time for you all.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

What a grim, grim spell of weather.

15mm for the day accumulated courtesy of steady light to moderate rain.

@Dark Horseall the best to you mate.

• Like 8

Posted

Not the best of days. Intermittent light rain, not enough to thaw the deep snow, it is melting slowly, there was no sun either with temps holding around 4 degrees all day.

Tomorrow promises to bring some sunshine and a sharp frost.

Thursday onwards set to be a very drab wet dark affair. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather
15 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Stay strong. Sending a big hug.  

Edited by Miamay
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Much brighter day and mild ish  I’m sure it will help  melt the remaining snow in Lakeland 

• Like 5

Posted

Incessant rain until recently. 10.4 mm yesterday, 5.8 mm since midnight today.

• Like 6

Posted
7 minutes ago, Scuba steve said:

Much brighter day and mild ish  I’m sure it will help  melt the remaining snow in Lakeland 

Wish it was here. Continuous rain since yesterday afternoon and everywhere is very wet underfoot. At least it's mild now, although the forecast suggests we will be having one more cold night tonight before the mild weather really kicks in.

• Like 6