Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Lots of rain over the last 24 hours and becks and rivers now roaring. Summit of Blencathra absolutely plastered in snow and even a dusting on the lowly Souther Fell. Sharp Edge will be positively alpine today. High mountains in the distance all showing significant coverings. Cloud starting to break up and blue sky coming into view. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too wet.

Very heavy rain here overnight, woke me twice! I'd say we're on for a long spell of this grim weather. Any signs of sun in the 7 day forecast are slowly being replaced with cloud and rain. 

• Like 7

Posted
7 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Wish it was here. Continuous rain since yesterday afternoon and everywhere is very wet underfoot. At least it's mild now, although the forecast suggests we will be having one more cold night tonight before the mild weather really kicks in.

Turned into a half-decent day after the early rain cleared, but really wet and soggy on the ground.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog
On 04/12/2023 at 04:49, Iceaxecrampon said:

Been awake since 2:45 am. 
Dark Very Dark 
The Cold Icy Lancashire rain. 
Been to the Care Home to see my Mother  

19-4-28 - 4-12-23 

Rest in Peace Mum 

My sincere condolences 

On 04/12/2023 at 16:21, Dark Horse said:

Sorry for your loss if I could I'd give you a little hug I would. My mum has been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer last week and has a growth on her kidney so suffice to say it's been a worrying time lately and they aren't sure how long she has left. Didn't want to put a dampner on this thread before the snow arrived so didn't say anything. Been here there and everywhere with her for tests, scans and biopsies over the last few weeks. Been a kick in the teeth really as she's never seen me truly happy in my life so far as I've had a lot of problems. Just as I was getting my life on track more than ever before we got this bad news. Feel bad that I've not really had long with her as she had me at nearly 44 and I'm 38 now. One thing I'll say though is your mum wouldn't want you to be sad forever about her, this is what my mum said to me the other day. She said live your life Gareth I've had mine, I don't want you to be sad about me all the time after I go as it's not what I would've wanted for you, this made me feel a bit better. Like @Had Worsesays time is a healer as well.

Sorry to hear your sad news 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Not to bad a day reasonably bright 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Today hasn’t been as dire as yesterday was with its persistent rain and flooding added to by snow melt. Early rain cleared to leave some brightness. A frost tonight, a chilly day tomorrow then milder & unsettled through the rest of the week. Eyes on around the 16th Dec for perhaps a return to colder or ‘faux cold’ conditions with the renewed risk of frost & fog. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,
36 minutes ago, iand61 said:

No surprise that as soon as the chances of snow falling disappears, we suddenly become in the firing line for every weather system on offer.

Cold and bone dry or mild and wet, seem to be only only choices on offer in north west England.

personally I’ll take the first one.

Yeah, it is a shocking place for snow isn't mate, certainly north of Cheshire it seems.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc

Cleared up this afternoon and temps soon dropped

It's -1.5ºC currently and dropping; cars/grass and greenhouse fully frozen over already

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, Dan B said:

Cleared up this afternoon and temps soon dropped

It's -1.5ºC currently and dropping; cars/grass and greenhouse fully frozen over already

Wish it would have done this after Saturday night's snow! stayed cloudy so temps didnt drop, the snow wasn't frozen and drip drip by 9am

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Frosty here to probably the last for a little while 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc
18 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Wish it would have done this after Saturday night's snow! stayed cloudy so temps didnt drop, the snow wasn't frozen and drip drip by 9am

No snow here unfortunately..  The thaw kicked in Saturday evening here as well 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Sharp frost here -4.4c everywhere white

• Like 7

Posted

One more cold day ahead in what has turned out to be quite a notably cold spell since 23 November. Minimum temps at times below -5 degrees, a couple of days maxing just above freezing, a foot of snow.

The fells look resplendent full of snow, will make the most of the view tomorrow before they take on that patchy ragged snow look. 

Tomorrow will see temps struggle to get much above 3 or possibly 4 degrees at best and only briefly. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 8

Posted

Yep enjoy a frosty and gloriously cold sunny start to tomorrow because its all downhill after that.  Will tonight be the last region wide frost of 2023?

-2c

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A cold and frosty morning, -3.1C. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
33 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

A cold and frosty morning, -3.1C. 

Haven’t stuck my nose out of the door yet but I could see the frost on the bathroom, velux window.

looking at the forecast though it’s probably going to be the last one for a while with the coming days being rain, rain and more rain😩

• Like 5

Posted

Just love these cold frosty mornings.  Skies are crystal clear, stars were blinking and giving me a wink as I was out feeding the birds.  A bit slippy up the garden path, -2.4°C and birds water a solid ice block.  Will feel alive and wide awake once I have walked to work.  Mild, wet grey murk dampens my mood.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
14 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Haven’t stuck my nose out of the door yet but I could see the frost on the bathroom, velux window.

looking at the forecast though it’s probably going to be the last one for a while with the coming days being rain, rain and more rain😩

Yeah, and looks like the milder wetter spell may be set in for some time. It would be nice if we could at least have something a bit more seasonal over the Christmas period. I say seasonal, but then that probably still means mild and wet 😂

• Like 4