Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2023 Tornado Events, Outbreaks and Chat

matty40s

Posted
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, NLC
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft

Jake Heitman Adventures

Multi vortex tornado

Edited by Raindrops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
9 minutes ago, Raindrops said:

Jake Heitman Adventures

Multi vortex tornado

That was an epic watch,recorded it all☺️

• Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Allseasons-si said:

That was an epic watch,recorded it all☺️

More rotation, it did not like that house.

• Like 1

Posted

Here we go again maybe.

1 minute ago, Raindrops said:

More rotation, it did not like that house.

Lookerly the house was fine.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Here we go again maybe.

Lookerly the house was fine.

Yup just the barn lost some roofing, it has formed again.

Posted

From chat

What did the teenage tornado say to his parents? Nothing. He just stormed off.

• Like 2

Posted

Sirens going off on Jake feed now on a new T-warned storm.

• Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Sirens going off on Jake feed now on a new T-warned storm.

This couple is dominating.....that sounds so wrong, I'll see myself out.

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Raindrops said:

This couple is dominating.....that sounds so wrong, I'll see myself out.

Ha Ha

great coverage by them though and bagged 3 tor's and great quality stream too.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Ha Ha

great coverage by them though and bagged 3 tor's and great quality stream too.

Agree 100%, this how chasing is done and educational at the same time, the teamwork is great, no drama, he gets his information fast, I'm lagging by about 2 mins.

Posted

1 hr remaining

Radar view of the only Tornado warned cell

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Plant, Vegetation

Edited by Raindrops

Posted

Suddenly 5 Tornado warnings, 30 mins before watch warning ends.

Posted

Good timing.

Mesoscale Discussion 791

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Neighborhood, Outdoors, Blackboard

Posted

Posted

And that's a wrap!

GN folks

Posted

Only a 2% chance of Tornados today.

SPC AC 141229

Day 1 Convective Outlook NWS Storm Prediction Center Norman OK 0729 AM CDT Sun May 14 2023

Valid 141300Z - 151200Z

..THERE IS A SLIGHT RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON OVER PARTS OF EAST-CENTRAL MISSOURI AND CENTRAL/SOUTHERN ILLINOIS....

...SUMMARY... Thunderstorms associated with damaging wind gusts and hail are possible today across parts of the mid Mississippi Valley.

...MO/IL Vicinity... Morning water vapor loop shows the upper low that has resulted in severe storms over the Plains states the last couple of days has weakened significantly, and is now a poorly defined shortwave trough beginning to track southeastward into northern IL. As this happens, a weak surface cold front will also sag southward into MO/IL. CAM solutions suggest scattered thunderstorms will form along/ahead of the front by early afternoon. Storms should build southeastward along the low-level theta-e/CAPE axis into southern IL. Winds aloft are relatively weak, and the confidence in organized severe storms today is not particularly high. Nevertheless, the combination of a moist/moderately unstable airmass and linear forcing mechanisms along the front may be sufficient for a few bowing structures posing a risk of locally damaging winds and hail.

..Hart/Gleason.. 05/14/2023

Could contain: Plot, Map, Land, Nature, Outdoors, Rainforest, Vegetation, Atlas, Person, Water

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Plant, Vegetation, Nature, Outdoors

Posted

Multi Vortex Tornado Chase - Northwest, Iowa

Jake Heitman Adventures

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Will be my first potential chase day this time next week, hopefully the upcoming shut down in activity will be short-lived.

• Like 6

Posted
14 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Will be my first potential chase day this time next week, hopefully the upcoming shut down in activity will be short-lived.

How long will your trip be and which areas (States) have you chosen for your hunting grounds, or will it be random?

I see heavy downpours for Kansas during the week, but that means nothing without the correct elements in play.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
10 minutes ago, Raindrops said:

How long will your trip be and which areas (States) have you chosen for your hunting grounds, or will it be random?

I see heavy downpours for Kansas during the week, but that means nothing without the correct elements in play.

I'm in the US for 2.5 weeks but 9/10 days dedicated to chasing, flying into Denver. I don't limit myself with where I'm going, as long as I'm back towards Denver by the 30th!

Posted
1 minute ago, Nick L said:

I'm in the US for 2.5 weeks but 9/10 days dedicated to chasing, flying into Denver. I don't limit myself with where I'm going, as long as I'm back towards Denver by the 30th!

Oh, that's handy, not too far from Kansas, over two weeks is good for a chance, may the shear be with you, have a Gooden.

• Like 1

Posted

Posted

WOW!!!

did anyone see this😲

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2