Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

It’s like the Atlantic caught a really bad case of fever making it too fatigued to take over the UK. 

Mostly sunny this morning, though with the temperature just around 8.5*C at the moment. Should warm up quite a bit with temperatures hopefully reaching the 20*C mark by early afternoon.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
29 minutes ago, Howie said:

I hope this cloud clears today

I think it'll clear a little earlier, definitely brighter pre 9am than it was the last couple days.

I do have to say though, it really is strange how this thick clag keeps reappearing. It's happening like clockwork after the sun starts to set each evening, then takes the warmth of the midday sun the next day to burn off again. It's as if when the temps fall, it bubbles back in!

• Like 1

Prepare for the coldies whinging level to really start cracking up, for the vast majority of us near perfect model output in the 10day timeframe for early summer. Temps nudging first into the mid, then high 20s by next weekend. 30C seems possible. 

23 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

I think it'll clear a little earlier, definitely brighter pre 9am than it was the last couple days.

I do have to say though, it really is strange how this thick clag keeps reappearing. It's happening like clockwork after the sun starts to set each evening, then takes the warmth of the midday sun the next day to burn off again. It's as if when the temps fall, it bubbles back in!

The clag in the south east has already shrunk in size by half since 7:30, it’ll be gone by 10.

Posted
32 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

I just want a sunny mornings lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
19 minutes ago, Alderc said:

The clag in the south east has already shrunk in size by half since 7:30, it’ll be gone by 10.

Still thick here near London! I'm looking more like 11/12 for full clearing.

10 minutes ago, Howie said:

I just want a sunny mornings lol

Yeah the lack of sunny mornings this Spring has sucked. 

Posted
2 hours ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Clouds breaking up but not really clearing fully, annoying the hell out of me. Still not trying to let the sun through here, just big cumulus clouds after the main cloud bank broke up. Everywhere else in the country, not a cloud in the sky.... 

Edited by Howie
  • Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

This is why the air is still cold. 

• Like 1

Posted

Anyone think these cumulus clouds in the south east will clear off later on? Really wasn't expecting this, and they're so huge, just blotting out the lovely sunshine ugh...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

normal Spring setup, GFS 06Z, E'ly winds from 0-384, can tell it's not Dec to Feb, as that would be SW/W'lys

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Howie said:

Anyone think these cumulus clouds in the south east will clear off later on? Really wasn't expecting this, and they're so huge, just blotting out the lovely sunshine ugh...

They'll probably clear up at 6/7pm in time for dinner 😆 Classic pattern in the SE

Posted
4 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

They'll probably clear up at 6/7pm in time for dinner 😆 Classic pattern in the SE

F'ing annoying! They seem to just be building more and more, pretty sure they're going to join up into a blanket of cloud. How bloody great for us again 🙄🙄🙄

Posted
Just now, Howie said:

F'ing annoying! They seem to just be building more and more, pretty sure they're going to join up into a blanket of cloud. How bloody great for us again 🙄🙄🙄

Was just about to say, I take back my comment about them clearing for the evening - looked out my other window on the way back from the kitchen and can see an entire blanket moving in. So if anything it'll end up back like this morning again. Full circle.

Well, we had that clear spell from like 11am to 11.45am 😒

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Like: heat, sun, thunderstorms. Dislike: cold, overcast, wind chill

Stratocumulus beneath cirrus today. Not a fan of that combination personally.

A lovely evening here yesterday with only a few scraps of cumulus and that slight haze that forms, just before the cumulus appears.

Could contain: Nature, Neighborhood, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Shelter, Sun, Cumulus, Countryside, Suburb

Could contain: Outdoors, Architecture, Building, Housing, Nature, Sky, Person, House, Suburb, Row House

Posted
1 minute ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Was just about to say, I take back my comment about them clearing for the evening - looked out my other window on the way back from the kitchen and can see an entire blanket moving in. So if anything it'll end up back like this morning again. Full circle.

Well, we had that clear spell from like 11am to 11.45am 😒

Bullsh*t really, again the only place in the whole country under a blanket of thickening cloud, with these stupid chilly north easterly.... I hope the models are right for next week and the north easterly dies a terrible death...

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Shoreline, Coast, Peninsula

Posted
Just now, Howie said:

Bullsh*t really, again the only place in the whole country under a blanket of thickening cloud, with these stupid chilly north easterly.... I hope the models are right for next week and the north easterly dies a terrible death...

And we have some clowns on this forum wanting more rain and cool weather until July? 🤣

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

And we have some clowns on this forum wanting more rain and cool weather until July? 🤣

Clearly not on the same wavelength as us 😂

Have to say quite a lot of unforecast Cu has developed in the South East. Even here sky has filled in 50-60% and there’s longer cloudy spells. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Howie said:

Oh wow that quite literally is the only place with cloud, almost as if it's specifically and purposely been dumped around the London/SE region. 

What a weird phenomenon.

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Oh wow that quite literally is the only place with cloud, almost as if it's specifically and purposely been dumped around the London/SE region. 

What a weird phenomenon.

We've been a target this year lol

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Howie said:

We've been a target this year lol

The Weather Gods don't like the Monarchy haha. Wasn't the Queen's coronation one of the coolest Junes in record or something? I'm sure I read some old newspaper excerpt that said it was pouring rain and 11c or something. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

The Weather Gods don't like the Monarchy haha. Wasn't the Queen's coronation one of the coolest Junes in record or something? I'm sure I read some old newspaper excerpt that said it was pouring rain and 11c or something. 

Yes it was lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

I think we will see 26degrees at mt dillon county Roscommon after 4pm as there already on 25oc..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Plenty of lengthy sunny spells today.