Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
1 hour ago, Bricriu said:

Is there anyone left here who would like to see another snowfall before next winter. Step forward and be brave, you are not alone!

Actually, yes - as long as the price isn't yet more dull, unsettled SWlies with southerly-tracking lows.

If the northerlies of some model runs come off for early April, let's have a polar low embedded within the flow to produce a 6th April 2008 on steroids - followed by a cold bright NEly for a couple of days. Then, the high migrates SE-wards, stalls over the UK and eventually drifts a little east, the temps warming by about 2C each day, and eventually producing 21C a week later and three or four days with temps around 21C.

Finally a further N-ly plunge, albeit less potent, and finally perhaps some warm, bright but somewhat unstable easterlies with scattered thundery showers to end the month, and that's a perfect April. Zero southwesterlies too. 😉

Edited by Summer8906
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
1 hour ago, Summer8906 said:

Perhaps, though a) this month will, assuming the models are correct for this week, end up one of the dullest and wettest Marches on record, so not so typical and b) it is weather stereotypically associated with autumn.

Yes, this March will be one of the wettest, but its nothing like autumn.... the air is different, the lighting is different, the whole "feel" is certainly one of spring. The Marches on 2016, 2018, 2019  were very wet too.. maybe its not as uncommon as we think?

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Bricriu said:

Is there anyone left here who would like to see another snowfall before next winter. Step forward and be brave, you are not alone!

NOOOOO!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

Yes, this March will be one of the wettest, but its nothing like autumn.... the air is different, the lighting is different, the whole "feel" is certainly one of spring. The Marches on 2016, 2018, 2019  were very wet too.. maybe its not as uncommon as we think?

Your in Derby! Try living down here for all of March! It's been ruddy grim

• Like 1

Posted

I feel this March is pretty standard fare for my neck of the woods. Yes, we can get some nice spring sunshine days, but I do remember some classic mixed affairs in those 90s years, especially 1991, and 1994 where we had some warm days, but also a few cooler or even cold wet and windy days. 

Reminds me also of 1995, so I won't be complaining if the weather is still unsettled and chilly during April if the summer pays off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
22 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I feel this March is pretty standard fare for my neck of the woods. Yes, we can get some nice spring sunshine days, but I do remember some classic mixed affairs in those 90s years, especially 1991, and 1994 where we had some warm days, but also a few cooler or even cold wet and windy days. 

Reminds me also of 1995, so I won't be complaining if the weather is still unsettled and chilly during April if the summer pays off.

Yes this March has had hints of all of 1995, 2006 and 2018 in it, analog wise the best type of march to get to precede a summer.

Also wasn't March 1976 the wettest month of that dry period?  

(Not looking through rose tinted glasses, only the facts 🙂 there probably are some poorer analogues out there as well)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Cold and cloudy, after a wet start. Only 8c/46f f at the moment, feels more like Winter, than Spring, oh well ,it can only can get better from now on.....!

• Like 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, SummerShower said:

Yes this March has had hints of all of 1995, 2006 and 2018 in it, analog wise the best type of march to get to precede a summer.

Also wasn't March 1976 the wettest month of that dry period?  

(Not looking through rose tinted glasses, only the facts 🙂 there probably are some poorer analogues out there as well)

Yo really cant compare previous years weather on the assumption with what the summer turned out like, otherwise it  would be easy to make long range forecasts......😶

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
32 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Where's my sun this northerly is meant to be bringing me!??

It’s here. Or it was, it’s disappears at the moment. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
37 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Where's my sun this northerly is meant to be bringing me!??

Can't even say its to the north of you either I'm afraid..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Loving the feel today, last properly comfortable temps  i feel for a long time for those of us who dislike the up coming months intensely. Just feels so much fresher, cleaner and invigorating than what is sadly to come.☹️ Ticking the weeks off till Autumn now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

What a foul day.. and it matches the whole month. Probably the most relentlessly cloudy and wet March since 2018.

I hope that means we're in for a scorching summer! 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
40 minutes ago, markyo said:

Loving the feel today, last properly comfortable temps  i feel for a long time for those of us who dislike the up coming months intensely. Just feels so much fresher, cleaner and invigorating than what is sadly to come.☹️ Ticking the weeks off till Autumn now!

I dislike it being too hot, but this time of year ,after the long cold ,dark months which seems to stretch for eternity, I Yearn for some Spring warmth, and spring just like autumn can deliver warmth which is comfortable to live in ,work ,rest and play and sleep! But todays grey, cold feeling weather is not welcome now, just want at least a little sunshine, to make you feel alive!!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, SummerShower said:

Can't even say its to the north of you either I'm afraid..

Ruddy awful weather. Not happy 

Posted

It's beginning to look a lot like christma.. i mean end of march 🤣🤮

On top of that this is the latest recorded ice day for my location/city since 1996 with a max of -0,1. Just happy the global radiation levels are high enough this time of the year to melt snow on stone and pavement.

Could contain: Backyard, Nature, Outdoors, Yard, Indoors, Interior Design, Shelter, Path, Walkway, Gate

• Like 5

Posted
4 minutes ago, Faronstream said:

It's beginning to look a lot like christma.. i mean end of march 🤣🤮

On top of that this is the latest recorded ice day for my location/city since 1996 with a max of -0,1. Just happy the global radiation levels are high enough this time of the year to melt snow on stone and pavement.

Could contain: Backyard, Nature, Outdoors, Yard, Indoors, Interior Design, Shelter, Path, Walkway, Gate

Hmm and yet, we will still have people moaning about how hot is it and it’s too hot I’m about 4-6 weeks time lol.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Hmm and yet, we will still have people moaning about how hot is it and it’s too hot I’m about 4-6 weeks time lol.

In a way I hope so lol

Posted
14 minutes ago, SummerShower said:

In a way I hope so lol

I don’t want a summer where the temps hover around 19-22c with cloud, as that’s not a decent summer in my book.

I find myself still needing a jacket if it’s less than 23c with cloud in high summer.

May yes, but come June to August I want 23-27c at least.

Edited by Sunny76
  • Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I don’t want a summer where the temps hover around 19-22c with cloud, as that’s not a decent summer in my book.

I find myself still needing a jacket if it’s less than 23c with cloud in high summer.

May yes, but come June to August I want 23-27c at least.

Secretly I'm hoping that 2023 is what 1976 was to 2022/1975, but unlikely 😀

But as long as we get at least 1 continuous week of hot weather followed by a thundery breakdown that will be OK (as long as the rest of the summer isn't 2007 style washout).  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Oh well, it's happened. That 1 sunny day that was forecast for my area tomorrow has now changed to overcast all day from 11am. Utterly and absolutely pathetic that its too much to ask, just to have 1 sunny day in a whole month. Imagine being born in somewhere that actually has sunshine like Malaga, Nice, Texas etc etc. Also, how a forecast can be so god awful to change so drastically within the space of 12 hours...

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Ruddy awful weather. Not happy 

It's been a crap northerly too!!

24 minutes ago, SummerShower said:

Secretly I'm hoping that 2023 is what 1976 was to 2022/1975, but unlikely 😀

I'm not!! 🥵

• Thanks 1