Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Well, in the interest of fairplay, you’ll all be pleased to know that the Yorkshire Wolds was shrouded in cloud & light to moderate rain all day today, as much of the country was 🙂

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
12 hours ago, Don said:

Very nice!

In some ways it was nice, some blizzard conditions too. But all snow was gone by mid afternoon, at least the sun came out but it was freezing and blowing an absolute hoolie. It’s funny how I used to think central Europe wouldn’t be very windy - wrong! 

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

In some ways it was nice, some blizzard conditions too. But all snow was gone by mid afternoon, at least the sun came out but it was freezing and blowing an absolute hoolie. It’s funny how I used to think central Europe wouldn’t be very windy - wrong! 

Wish we could have one last snowfall here before the weather really warms up.  More and more unlikely now though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

heard my first beboo bird today..there are only 2 songbirds that migrate back to Alberta for spring and early summer the other being the Red wing blackbird

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, Don said:

Wish we could have one last snowfall here before the weather really warms up.  More and more unlikely now though.

37 minutes ago, Don said:

No thanks. Had enough of the cold weather and can’t wait for the warmth now.

• Like 7

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

No thanks. Had enough of the cold weather and can’t wait for the warmth now.

Months and months of potentially warm weather to come.

Posted
39 minutes ago, Don said:

Months and months of potentially warm weather to come.

After months of cold or colder weather. I think it’s the right time to start wanting temps in the high teens and low 20s very soon.

• Like 6

Posted
9 hours ago, Summer8906 said:

It would certainly be remarkable if April was dry and sunny again. However I am certainly not counting my chickens in that respect.

Well, gfs has high pressure taking hold from 1st April and still has it sat over us on the 14th (last chart), so who knows....it does seem increasingly difficult to shift an area of high pressure when it gets hold of NW Europe 🤔

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
1 hour ago, KTtom said:

Well, gfs has high pressure taking hold from 1st April and still has it sat over us on the 14th (last chart), so who knows....it does seem increasingly difficult to shift an area of high pressure when it gets hold of NW Europe 🤔

It's the way with our weather nowadays - having the same weather pattern stuck with us for several weeks on end, whether it is unsettled and wet or settled and dry. There isn't much variability anymore.

This would mean our fourth consecutive dry April. 

• Like 5

Posted

Looking poor over the next couple of weeks if it's warmth we're after🤬

Nothing worse than east coast crap spreading inland on a cool easterly.

Why can't we not have the upcoming charts in January fgs

🤢

Edited by joggs
  • Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, joggs said:

Looking poor over the next couple of weeks if it's warmth we're after🤬

Nothing worse than east coast crap spreading inland on a cool easterly.

Why can't we not have the upcoming charts in January fgs

🤢

The models aren't all pointing towards this, another couple days may start to help clarify early April. They all seem to be trending better pressure, but air masses are not so clearcut yet it seems.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

After finally seeing a couple of sunnier days we're back to persistent cloud again now and if anything it's even more dreary than it was before with the cloud accompanied by frequent drizzle. 

• Like 1

Posted
57 minutes ago, matt111 said:

After finally seeing a couple of sunnier days we're back to persistent cloud again now and if anything it's even more dreary than it was before with the cloud accompanied by frequent drizzle. 

I've actually "enjoyed" the drizzle. Better than cloud alone. At least it's done something and it's been a change!

Yes. I'm desperate ...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety

From what I've seen of models it looks like the appalling dull and wet spell which has dominated this month in southern England at least will soon relent and we will transition to more normal weather i.e. alternating high and low pressure systems. At least that would give us the occasional nice sunny and warm day which, if we are really really really lucky, might fall on a weekend (I can dream).

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Just ticked over 100mm for the month. The swings between drought and deluge are pretty impressive.

This has to be the most miserable March I can remember.

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
12 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Just ticked over 100mm for the month. The swings between drought and deluge are pretty impressive.

Rainfall for this month breached 100mm earlier today too, and it's currently at 103mm. I think this March locally will be the wettest since at least 2018 (113mm) and maybe since 1981 looking at past data.

110mm maybe reachable for the final value given forecast next few days. 

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
14 minutes ago, Nick L said:

And this month has got to be at least 'up there' as being the dullest in this area at least

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Really trying now.

my son arrives in a little over 3 weeks time. It would be nice to see the sun just once before my life is thrown into turmoil!:p 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well looks like things are further north with tonight's rain, we'll compared to ukv thoughts that I've seen. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
8 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Really trying now.

my son arrives in a little over 3 weeks time. It would be nice to see the sun just once before my life is thrown into turmoil!:p 

Congratulations & good luck 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
56 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Really trying now.

Congratulations. 🎉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter
2 hours ago, Azazel said:

Really trying now.

Good luck! While you become a father in April 2023, I will be turning 18 on the 11th so some sunshine and warmth would help make the day very memorable. It's either or at the moment but at least looking dry. Hoping we can see the sun a little more in the next few weeks for both our sakes 🙂, especially after such a dull March, must be close to record dullness! You know it's bad when people who have no interest in the weather are saying it's the worst March of their entire lifetime lol

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

It is about time Autumn started treating Spring with respect, so am grateful for some kind of pressure rise the models are showing for early next week (even if there might be a risk of Atlantic Lows possibly rolling over the top of the ridging making things somewhat more changeable for Northern areas. But even that could change and we end up with a more solid UK/European/Scandinavian ridge). 

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

When all is said and done, all the late winter SSW really did was give us 3 or 4 days of slush with some snow on higher ground (after a 5 or 6-week chase, that result seemed a poor return on investment to me) and then an utterly, relentlessly miserable, wet, dull rest-of-March. Which, I'm guessing, doesn't suit most folk's tastes. Perhaps some members might think twice before cheering on a late winter SSW if this is the result. At least it's warmed up I s'pose. Although it might turn cold again next week. Still not ruling out Scandi heights giving us a grim, grey start to April too

In future winters I'll be cheering on a Nov or Dec SSW but an SSW beyond the 1st week of Feb? Stick it where the sun doesn't shine (pardon the pun) unless there is a ridiculously quick response at the surface

Edited by LRD
  • Like 7