Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Went out for a walk this afternoon and it felt quite pleasant in the strengthening sunshine. It's only 10°C but it felt warmer thanks to the sun.

I am looking forward to the 20°C+ days. 

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
16 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Went out for a walk this afternoon and it felt quite pleasant in the strengthening sunshine. It's only 10°C but it felt warmer thanks to the sun.

Just got back from one myself and it does feel pleasant in the sun however here there’s a rather cold breeze coming off the sea which meant it was one of those walks where you need to keep taking your coat off and putting it back on. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
8 hours ago, Alderc said:

GFS’s persistently depressing approach to  an Easter is concerning, it’s like a dog with a bone in not dropping the solution despite it being an outlier against its on ensemble pack and other models. GFS has a habit of sniffing these things out so it wouldn’t surprise me if we end up with an unseasonably cold Easter with some snow around. Pretty much the last thing any of us want (apart from some of the crazies over in the MAD thread) 

Got to be honest, I might not find it depressing, at least it won't be more SW lows with rain. 

1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

Got to be honest, I might not find it depressing, at least it won't be more SW lows with rain. 

I know what you mean however better to have the rain falling now and topping up water stocks opposed to everyone moaning in summer about drought! 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Alderc said:

I know what you mean however better to have the rain falling now and topping up water stocks opposed to everyone moaning in summer about drought! 

Yep that's true.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

OK it actually turned out pretty nice today for once and didn't become overcast like met office and BBC promised it would so I'll stop moaning for a few days now since I've had some sunshine lol.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
4 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

cant wait daytime highs here  today is still -7c then -16c tonight ...wall to wall sunshine though so it looks like its +20c until you step outside 🥶

• Like 5

Posted
3 hours ago, Alderc said:

Agree better to have the rain now than mid summer, now, there is less evaporation around - plants have yet to burst into life, however, by late April its a losing battle, trees and vegetation need to soak it up. If asked I'd rather have a wet March and April than a wet May and June, always expect the rain to come back in July and the deluge in August.

• Like 3

Posted
4 hours ago, SunSean said:

OK it actually turned out pretty nice today for once and didn't become overcast like met office and BBC promised it would so I'll stop moaning for a few days now since I've had some sunshine lol.

Cloud, some sun with cloud, cloud then an hour before sunset pure sun. Sigh ...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety

Well at least we had a dry day in Horsham with some sunshine. Of course the punishment weather arrives tomorrow morning with pouring rain, exactly the time and day when I commute so have to cycle to the railway station. With all the other depressing news around it feels like life in the UK is one huge endurance event these days.

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Cloud, some sun with cloud, cloud then an hour before sunset pure sun. Sigh ...

Unlucky, it was nice and sunny all day down here, and frosty this evening, well on cars anyway 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Back in the Czech Republic and someone has stolen spring. Very heavy snow showers this morning on a blustery NW’ly wind, temperature just hovering above freezing. 

Could contain: Railway, Terminal, Train, Train Station, Transportation, Vehicle, Bench, Subway, Car, Person

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Scenery, Winter, Snow

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Back in the Czech Republic and someone has stolen spring. Very heavy snow showers this morning on a blustery NW’ly wind, temperature just hovering above freezing. 

Could contain: Railway, Terminal, Train, Train Station, Transportation, Vehicle, Bench, Subway, Car, Person

IMG_7086.MOV

Very nice!

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

I think Munich became colder this week, with some snow or cold and wet weather.

Its still snowing on and off in Latvia at the in-laws, so seems like there’s a delay coming out of this winter.

Could have some impact on having a good summer, but maybe more thunderstorms are in the offing this time with more cold air knocking about.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Have to say, that is some pretty pictures of the sparkly snow above. ❄️ Rather have some of the white stuff than the cloudy damp conditions this morning, which makes it feel as though the weather is malfunctioning. It’s a shame as yesterday, with the sunshine, did it feel like the weather was operating correctly. ⚙️🌤️

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing Fog, Clear blue skies and sunny (cold/warm), snow

I understand what everyone is saying about getting bad weather out of the way before summer and stocking up on water but its the relentless, sunless gloom here in the Marlborough downs that is begining to become insufferable. At least we could have somme sun in between our showers but the cloud cover is just solid. Even in the up coming - very few - forecasted dry days, the cloud cover is predicted to be nearly 100% for every day. This is just a joke.

How dull can a month get? Could we break a record? I have severe SAD and getting through January was tough but at least that was only around 3 weeks maximum of bad weather. Even with the increased daylight hours this month has felt even worse. Not least because there is so much strong sunlight behind all those vile, hostile clouds that just can't come through.  How long must this go on for? Every promise of high pressure influence just gets pushed back further each time and every weather forecast app keeps teasing with sunny days at the end of the period only for that to change back to oppressive darkness and gloom with yet even more rain. It just seems to go on and on.

I keep thinking back to 2012 and how there isn't any reason why this necessarily needs to improve. The weather took a nose dive around April IIRC and just stayed abysmal until September! If I wasn't having the mental health issues I am having right now I guess it would just be a disapointing annoyance but as it stands, every day of relentless gloom that passes feels like more and more of a hostile attack on my brain chemistry. Time to think about getting the light box out again. Can't believe this is late March. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Atleastitwillbemild said:

I understand what everyone is saying about getting bad weather out of the way before summer and stocking up on water but its the relentless, sunless gloom here in the Marlborough downs that is begining to become insufferable. At least we could have somme sun in between our showers but the cloud cover is just solid. Even in the up coming - very few - forecasted dry days, the cloud cover is predicted to be nearly 100% for every day. This is just a joke.

How dull can a month get? Could we break a record? I have severe SAD and getting through January was tough but at least that was only around 3 weeks maximum of bad weather. Even with the increased daylight hours this month has felt even worse. Not least because there is so much strong sunlight behind all those vile, hostile clouds that just can't come through.  How long must this go on for? Every promise of high pressure influence just gets pushed back further each time and every weather forecast app keeps teasing with sunny days at the end of the period only for that to change back to oppressive darkness and gloom with yet even more rain. It just seems to go on and on.

I keep thinking back to 2012 and how there isn't any reason why this necessarily needs to improve. The weather took a nose dive around April IIRC and just stayed abysmal until September! If I wasn't having the mental health issues I am having right now I guess it would just be a disapointing annoyance but as it stands, every day of relentless gloom that passes feels like more and more of a hostile attack on my brain chemistry. Time to think about getting the light box out again. Can't believe this is late March. 

Yes it is depressing. I’m confident a nice pleasant sunny period will set in at some point during April and early May. One can only hope.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Managed a mostly sunny day yesterday,  first this month and looking like the last 🙄

• Insightful 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, johncam said:

Managed a mostly sunny day yesterday,  first this month and looking like the last 🙄

You're not really selling your location to me weather wise, what with a lack of winter snow, sunshine etc!! 🤣 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!
33 minutes ago, Don said:

You're not really selling your location to me weather wise, what with a lack of winter snow, sunshine etc!! 🤣 

Sad but true Don 

• Insightful 1

Posted

One thing im noticing this last 12 months or so, is that when we get into a pattern it sticks for weeks on end, whether its unsettled and wet or dry and settled, with the latter looking odds on to establish itself in the run up to Easter, i do wonder how long itll be before were moaning about a lack of rain again...obviously there is a caveat to this, very cold spells still last 48 hours! 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I reckon that to be a Television Weather Presenter in this country you need two University degrees, one in Meteorology. the other in Turd polishing.  The latter one would certainly come in handy at this present moment.  This poxy weather is enough to drive you to drink.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
On 27/03/2023 at 12:02, MP-R said:

Standard cold high problems today. Beautiful start but now mostly infill. 

Same here too, but was mostly cloudy from the outset, and sunny in the evening. But, critically, bright with a high cloud-base, thus still the third-best day of this March thus far, and probably for the whole month now 🙂

Actually felt like spring. At least it looks like spring might start properly on Sunday.

Meanwhile, a strange day today. As cover with some occasional periods of rain, but still cold. So evidently not the warm front.

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
1 hour ago, KTtom said:

One thing im noticing this last 12 months or so, is that when we get into a pattern it sticks for weeks on end, whether its unsettled and wet or dry and settled, with the latter looking odds on to establish itself in the run up to Easter, i do wonder how long itll be before were moaning about a lack of rain again...obviously there is a caveat to this, very cold spells still last 48 hours! 🤔

It would certainly be remarkable if April was dry and sunny again. However I am certainly not counting my chickens in that respect.

• Like 1