Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Heat Haters Club 2023

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

Gotta admit this hot spell isn't much fun as its got just too humid and nights here have become uncomfortable even for my liking. I think it's just a toned down version of the hot spell of August 2003 which went on for several days with oppressive high humidity levels.  

• Like 5

Posted

You know it's bad when some of the warm lovers find this spell uncomfortable. A spell to remember no doubt, for it's tropical-like humidity and prolonged nature. And it all came out of nowhere 😅

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, rain(any sort), overcast and grey.
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, rain(any sort), overcast and grey.
15 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

30c south facing bedroom. I have a heat pack on my stomach as my IBS is cramping bad. I'm dying!!

If you have any ginger or mint tea in the house I would suggest making some (if you already haven’t). That’s my go to drink whenever my ibs plays up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

One last day of hot hortrible weather to come. Dry clear skies after a overnight shower promising more heat yuk.

Got to sleep around one trying to getr cooler air into the house

Edited by The PIT
  • Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Weirdly, my room actually cooled down to 29 a little while ago, but for some reason it's back to 31 now. God knows what's warming it up at this time, I've changed nothing in the room 

Here upstairs is still 25 degrees and won't cool down despite the windows wide open and fans giving  a flow of air through the rooms.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Unbearable night really, hot and sticky 😖 24c indoors and I have cavity wall insulation, which does help keep indoors cooler.   Hoping for a storm this morning to clear the air.  It is building up nicely and the atmosphere feels like treacle but only time will tell if it breaks.  Either way looking forward to the cooler weather hopefully on its way.

• Like 3

Posted

Looks like today is the last hot day. (well 25c here but with the high humidity 🥵)

The heat health warnings expire at 9pm tonight, thanks goodness. 

21-22 rest of the week so, a little warm but a big relief on the last 6/7 days! 

• Like 4

Posted

Slowly cooling upstairs down now down 24.3C as long as cloud obscures the sun it may go lower otherwise the heat outside will be building again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All of it!

I see there’s some thunderstorms already down in Cornwall - hoping this hot spell goes out with a bang! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

There's blessed relief when a rain shower comes, the air cools beautifully, but between the showers it warms up again and the humidity is appalling...how I'm looking forward to daytime temps of 17c and night-time in single digits later this week...it will feel SO good...!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Nice down in Cornwall near St Ives this week. Sea breeze made a difference. Noticed how much hotter it is at home.  The road works on the A30 near Camborne are a complete nightmare though. We managed to get off and come back on the A39, but I pity anyone trapped in their cars in this weather though.

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, The PIT said:

Here upstairs is still 25 degrees and won't cool down despite the windows wide open and fans giving  a flow of air through the rooms.

We are living inside large ad-hoc storage heaters. The bricks heat up over a period of time, and then freely radiate the heat stored in them, it won't start coming down until the fabric of the building cools. My upstairs rooms are at a similar temperature, in fact at this moment in time its 4c hotter inside than outside, it'll probably take my bedroom 2 days or so of 'normal' temperatures outside before it cools back to a habitable temperature.

Looks like another hot and humid one here, 25c and 81% humidity pegged for this Afternoon, as the sweat-a-thon continues. A very light shower this morning, followed by yet another appearance of the evil sun, has left a heavy, tropical feel to the air, along with a smell like wet wallpaper!.

Started with another heat related symptom today, an intensely itchy patch of skin behind my knee. Not sure if its related to irritation from the fluid inside the swollen leg or some sort of heat / sweat rash but its doing my head in. Sat here with it covered in pink calamine lotion like i've got the pox......

I honestly can't remember a period of time where I was suffering so many heat related irritations - of both mind and body!.

Thunderstorms in Macclesfield yesterday Evening, which is about 12 miles from me, but absolutely nothing here. Looks like we are going to miss out on any exciting end to the week from hell.

Edited by Chris J
  • Like 1

Posted

Cooling down slowly and it seems the heatwave is over now. Temp 20.5C hardly moving.

Posted

External temp holding at 23c under cloud and rain. But high humidity making it feel grim. Perhaps 1 or 2c more this afternoon but I think the coastal influence is having an effect today.

internal temp dropped 2c since this morning. So indoors is a bit more bearable now. 

Only downwards from here folks! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and clear. Thunderstorms

It’s 24°C, 81% humidity here. I can see on various sites and apps that there has been storm activity to the north on the Fylde and Cumbria  but nothing here as yet.

Edited by Mary C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and clear. Thunderstorms
2 hours ago, Chris J said:

We are living inside large ad-hoc storage heaters. The bricks heat up over a period of time, and then freely radiate the heat stored in them, it won't start coming down until the fabric of the building cools. My upstairs rooms are at a similar temperature, in fact at this moment in time its 4c hotter inside than outside, it'll probably take my bedroom 2 days or so of 'normal' temperatures outside before it cools back to a habitable temperature.

Looks like another hot and humid one here, 25c and 81% humidity pegged for this Afternoon, as the sweat-a-thon continues. A very light shower this morning, followed by yet another appearance of the evil sun, has left a heavy, tropical feel to the air, along with a smell like wet wallpaper!.

Started with another heat related symptom today, an intensely itchy patch of skin behind my knee. Not sure if its related to irritation from the fluid inside the swollen leg or some sort of heat / sweat rash but its doing my head in. Sat here with it covered in pink calamine lotion like i've got the pox......

I honestly can't remember a period of time where I was suffering so many heat related irritations - of both mind and body!.

Thunderstorms in Macclesfield yesterday Evening, which is about 12 miles from me, but absolutely nothing here. Looks like we are going to miss out on any exciting end to the week from hell.

I thought I saw a few flashes to the south east of me yesterday evening but nothing came of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Chris J said:

You need to keep an eye on that, if it persists or spreads, GP.  It I guess you know that anyway.

1 hour ago, The PIT said:

Cooling down slowly and it seems the heatwave is over now. Temp 20.5C hardly moving.

Wish it was over here, yet another hot sticky day, house temp currently 32.

• Like 2

Posted
14 hours ago, Gnasher said:

If you have any ginger or mint tea in the house I would suggest making some (if you already haven’t). That’s my go to drink whenever my ibs plays up.

Trouble is that's bad for my GERD gah!!!

Posted
6 hours ago, Snowycat said:

Unbearable night really, hot and sticky 😖 24c indoors and I have cavity wall insulation, which does help keep indoors cooler.   Hoping for a storm this morning to clear the air.  It is building up nicely and the atmosphere feels like treacle but only time will tell if it breaks.  Either way looking forward to the cooler weather hopefully on its way.

I'll take 24c!!! 30c here!!

• Like 1

Posted

Up to 23.8C now the cloud is going

Posted
4 hours ago, Wightweather said:

External temp holding at 23c under cloud and rain. But high humidity making it feel grim. Perhaps 1 or 2c more this afternoon but I think the coastal influence is having an effect today.

internal temp dropped 2c since this morning. So indoors is a bit more bearable now. 

Only downwards from here folks! 

So it held at 23c. Guess the sun didn’t come out in time (4pm) to make any difference to today.

anyway, that seems to be it for this spell (for us anyway) and hopefully that’s it till summer 2024, which I’ve got the feeling is gonna be an awful hot one (but let’s not speculate now and enjoy the decline into autumn. 🙂 

• Like 3