Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Heat Haters Club 2023

Posted
1 hour ago, Stav said:

I think I coped better with the 40C heatwave last year than with this, and I guess that was because the air was very dry with that. I agree with other posters that the humidity is a killer. It is always there - day and night, and 32C days become unbrearable.

I can't believe anyone actually like this.

The humidity has been insufferable since Wednesday and constantly sweating is no fun!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

A couple of weeks ago, I thought that we lovely folk could say "au revoir" until next year. Then the gates of hot, humid hell opened! Let's hope that we can now move into something more seasonal...and not see 25c until June 2024, or at worst the second half of May. Something tells me that I might be being optimistic though...

Anyway. I hope that you've all either got something cooler, or soon will. What a spell from hell. 

• Like 7

Posted

Well that's me out and shutting the door behind me! Thanks for the welcome. A nice warm 25c today which is perfect so I don't need to be here anymore. See you all next year x

• Like 5

Posted
19 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Well that's me out and shutting the door behind me! Thanks for the welcome. A nice warm 25c today which is perfect so I don't need to be here anymore. See you all next year x

it’s not gonna get above 22/23c here now so manageable. Albeit a little warm still indoors but that will dissipate through the week especially with the nights getting cooler. At least can step outdoors without it being a furnace. 
actually sat near the open window and can feel a cool breeze coming in. 
Fingers crossed for late may 2024 (at the earliest) 🤞before we cross paths in relation to the heat again! 

Edited by Wightweather
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I'll see what it feels like today before celebrating, think it might get warmer than forecast, guess we'll see.

Posted

Models starting to pick up on another heat blast for next weekend, nothing over the top temperature wise, but the jet stream dips low in to North Africa, then fires a jet of - you guessed it - hot and humid air right at us for next Sunday/Monday. Indeed, with all that hot air to our South, the humid air mass along the South Coast and South East corner never really leaves all this week. Suggestion of a little blow through Tuesday/Wednesday, but the minute the wind direction turns South/South East, we just get humidity blow back up at us. 

The sun seems to be going away, but an air mass North/South divide is setting up for at least another week. 

On saying that, only yesterday the models were showing a Northerly taking hold for next weekend, so it may yet go the other way! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, legion_quest said:

Models starting to pick up on another heat blast for next weekend, nothing over the top temperature wise, but the jet stream dips low in to North Africa, then fires a jet of - you guessed it - hot and humid air right at us for next Sunday/Monday. Indeed, with all that hot air to our South, the humid air mass along the South Coast and South East corner never really leaves all this week. Suggestion of a little blow through Tuesday/Wednesday, but the minute the wind direction turns South/South East, we just get humidity blow back up at us. 

The sun seems to be going away, but an air mass North/South divide is setting up for at least another week. 

On saying that, only yesterday the models were showing a Northerly taking hold for next weekend, so it may yet go the other way! 

If this lasts another week... ;-;

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

A lot fresher here this morning after a very muggy night indoors. Much, much better at 20c or so.

• Like 1

Posted

Really pleased to hear from those who have it fresher today, and my heartfelt sympathies to those who still have the filth! I'm working away for a couple of days, so am in a hotel...air-conditioned heaven (albeit that it's a relatively weak output). Last week was awful...I've long known about the effects of heat on my physical health conditions, but looking back it was also affecting my mental health: the constant weariness, the feeling of being trapped in heat, the prospect of more to come, the sheer bloomin' 'hard work' of day to day living with no respite, even at night. Let's hope that all that is over until the middle of next year...(I wish!).

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and clear. Thunderstorms

It’s a little cooler here today at 19°C but still a little humid at 86%. Now, after a beautiful sunrise, it’s very overcast and oppressive…When will these horrible conditions ever end😬

Edited by Mary C
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Still humid but thankfully cooler here I did wonder when the temperature started zooming up but cloud has rolled back in again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

All I want is a decent breeze to cool the house down and some decent rain to wash the solar panels. The A/C cost last week was £45, solar feed in from the roof is poor as the panels are very dirty. 

A/C may come back out today when I finish work. I put it away and opened the window for some air but the sun still has quite the bite still.

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Schnee said:

All I want is a decent breeze to cool the house down and some decent rain to wash the solar panels. The A/C cost last week was £45, solar feed in from the roof is poor as the panels are very dirty. 

A/C may come back out today when I finish work. I put it away and opened the window for some air but the sun still has quite the bite still.

Yep, I'm in Leeds for work and the air outside certainly isn't 'cool'. AC on indoors...some clouds coming over as I type, so who knows! And I totally agree, as I think I said elsewhere, after a period of severe and prolonged heat such as this it takes a good while for the air inside the house to return to normal...what a week.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and clear. Thunderstorms
6 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Still humid but thankfully cooler here I did wonder when the temperature started zooming up but cloud has rolled back in again.

Yeah, the sky is blanketed with cloud at the moment, it’s quite dull. Despite this I can still do one of my favourite things…watching the birds in my garden. Actually, the blue tits, coal tits, house sparrows and dunnocks are arriving for ‘Second Breakfast’…I love it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Much fresher and cooler today, along with a nice breeze. 

Feel sorry for you guys in the SE who never really get rid of the hot and humid filth, along with little in the way of rain down there. There's a good 8 to 10 degrees difference in temperature tomorrow between the Midlands and the SE. I know which one I'd prefer to be in! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 hours ago, legion_quest said:

Great all I needed to here, not.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal, but not too hot in summer.

Today is the definition of "useable weather".  I was able to get the lawn mowed without excessive sweating and am now enjoying the fruits of my labour with a nice sit down and cool drink in the garden.  Long may this weather continue.

• Like 5

Posted

Well the heat seems to hanging on here, 22c and overcast with 16c dewpoint. Very little wind, force 1 to 2, and what there is SW which is our worst direction. Weather pattern seems well and truly stuck at the moment. The forecast of fresher conditions always seems to be 'tomorrow' which never seems to come.

As others have said looking ahead we may still not be out of the woods yet.

• Like 3

Posted
32 minutes ago, S Bragg said:

Today is the definition of "useable weather".  I was able to get the lawn mowed without excessive sweating and am now enjoying the fruits of my labour with a nice sit down and cool drink in the garden.  Long may this weather continue.

Totally agree. Sounds perfect! I've had the pleasure today of working in Leeds, and spending most of my time in a room that was so air-conditioned, it actually felt a little cold! A couple of folk asked me what I was smiling at, and it was actually with the sheer relief of not feeling sick and unwell with heat...

• Like 4

Posted

Just watched the Met Office 'week ahead' on YouTube and there was nothing there to be particularly worried about, well for most of England anyway (South Eastern corner might retain some heat/ humidity). Temperatures back to only slightly, rather than obscenely, above average. A fair bit of rain likely for some of us too, maybe especially around my neck of the woods. I'm driving back down to the West Midlands tomorrow from Leeds, might see some of that wet stuff falling from the sky that we've had precious little of this month...

My daughter sent me a video of some lightning flashes at home last night, just a little, but it's something at least. If there was any in Leeds, I was dead to the world with blackout curtains and the hotel air-con on full! Anyway, hopefully a better week to come for most of us this week. Definitely agree that there's wildcards out there with tropical storms, hurricanes etc causing uncertainty. It seems that we always have to be on our guard against excessive heat these days...!

• Like 2

Posted

21c today, after a Sunny morning we got a few showers, but no Storms although they seemed to appear either side of us. 29c in the office, and I suspect having no opening windows its going to take a while for the heat to drop to more tolerable levels. Hopefully it will be well on the way to doing that when i'm next due in on Thursday.

Frost and Winter can't come soon enough.

• Like 3