Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Heat Haters Club 2023

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, rain(any sort), overcast and grey.
11 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

But but but tarmac and jet exhausts!

Could contain:

Why do people deny record hot temperatures I’ve never understood it…

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!
10 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Fear. Unwillingness to change. Maybe a lack of education and an establishment that likes to keep people in ignorance...?

Edited by SollyOlly
  • Like 8

Posted

No sign of any relief here yet. Its clouded over and gone hazy which seems to have increased the humidity to galactic levels in the last hour and i'm sitting here sweating like a 52 plate transit van on an MOT ramp.

Forecast has it still at 21c at 1AM, and a wind speed of 1mph so the Met Office seem to agree on the no relief angle too. Although it cools to 18c by Dawn its still no cause for Celebration and I predict yet another sleepless night ahead.

25c as the Max forecast for tomorrow, but still an awful lot of sun. Given the Met Office like to swap and change on the actual day, I wouldn't be surprised to see another 26c or 27c here by 4PM

I'd do cartwheels if tomorrow changed to show 95% risk of rain all day, every day next week. For now the best I can hope for is a 30% risk of a light shower at 9AM tomorrow. Blink and you'll miss it, if it even does happen!. Tell me again about these wild storms we are supposed to be getting!.........

• Like 3

Posted

I’ve put my cat infront of the aircon. I think she’s enjoying the cool down.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Cloud is forming slowly at the back of my maisonette flat but the front of my flat the sky is clear!

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I’ve put my cat infront of the aircon. I think she’s enjoying the cool down.

Ha ha, sounds good! I'm amazed that my cat, in spite of being very furry, is still loving the heat! He's a complete misery in winter, though...

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, markyo said:

I simply don't get how certain folk don't understand the impact of this weather on those of us who struggle with it. Their remarks shall we say are very one sided to say the least.

That is the point, they don't struggle with it so they can never understand, and you'll turn into a cobweb covered skeleton even attempting to try and reason with that. I really wouldn't let it bother you, we can't do anything to change the current weather situation anymore than they could change what was seen by them to be their unfavourable conditions throughout August. But we do at least have our own space on the net to share our hatred of heat. Never the twain shall meet etc.

I don't get the inability of fully grown adults on and offline to just accept that some people prefer different conditions, deal with it and move on. Unfortunately Forums by their very nature do seem to attract more trolls than Norway.

Best you can do is not to rise and engage with it.

Edited by Chris J
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, Buzz said:

It's not mid September, it's the first third, therefore still early September.

I'll take that, not too concerned, close enough for me but get what you're saying!

36 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

mid sept? suppose 9th off 30 days kind of is, I classed it as early sept

Yeah fair enough. I'm just glad its the last day of excessive heat here. Tomorrow is the beginning of the end for it all!

• Like 3

Posted
24 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Easier to claim that constantly pieces of evidence are fabricated than to admit reality.

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Easier to claim that constantly pieces of evidence are fabricated than to admit reality.

Yes. Sadly, I read a piece just the other day about denilaists saying that the readings of high temperatures themselves are fake...and you don't have to go far on the net to find those who say that the planet is "actually cooling!", and that all this is a giant hoax. Humans can be odd little animals, can't they...!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Well I went in the garden today to remove some brambles and almost passed out it was to much! I don’t care about the heat lovers and what they have to say about us constantly moaning because I watched them moan for about 2 months straight every single day so whatever, I like what I like and I don’t like heat so meh!

im in a right mood! I keep falling asleep in the afternoon I’ve got no energy I’m sticky and my air conditioner is just barely bringing the room down to 23c it was 27c earlier this is deffo the hottest day of the year for me 

i have so many important things that need to get done but can’t because of the weather just please bring autumn soon please 🙏 I’m so done

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All of it!

I’ve always struggled with heat, but I’ve managed to get through it and generally not moan too much.  But this week it’s the humidity and even worse, the lack of any breeze whatsoever.  The only time I remember experiencing this weather before and not enjoying it was on holiday at Lake Como, that was the same - but at least I had a pool to escape from it then.  But the evenings were just unpleasant, as they are now.  

I was hoping tomorrow’s forecast would look a little better…but it looks like I’ll be seeking every opportunity again to sit in the car! 

Edited by Beanz
  • Like 4

Posted
46 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Hang in there gang - not long until you get some relief 

You're a good bloke, Azezel - I know that cool isn't your preference, but that's really nice sympathy to others. I hope to replicate that in the cooler season towards those who don't like cold. Nice one, mate. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, SollyOlly said:

You're a good bloke, Azezel - I know that cool isn't your preference, but that's really nice sympathy to others. I hope to replicate that in the cooler season towards those who don't like cold. Nice one, mate. 

Thanks mate - I don’t like to see anyone suffering and we’re all here because we find the weather interesting in one way or another so I essentially hope everyone gets what they want at some point! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Azazel said:

Thanks mate - I don’t like to see anyone suffering and we’re all here because we find the weather interesting in one way or another so I essentially hope everyone gets what they want at some point! 

Top bloke, nice one. Ultimate respect! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Pewkzii said:

Well I went in the garden today to remove some brambles and almost passed out it was to much! I don’t care about the heat lovers and what they have to say about us constantly moaning because I watched them moan for about 2 months straight every single day so whatever, I like what I like and I don’t like heat so meh!

im in a right mood! I keep falling asleep in the afternoon I’ve got no energy I’m sticky and my air conditioner is just barely bringing the room down to 23c it was 27c earlier this is deffo the hottest day of the year for me 

i have so many important things that need to get done but can’t because of the weather just please bring autumn soon please 🙏 I’m so done

What next, a Halloween heatwave🤦‍♂️

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Dami said:

ded.

🥵

Weirdly, my room actually cooled down to 29 a little while ago, but for some reason it's back to 31 now. God knows what's warming it up at this time, I've changed nothing in the room 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Top temperature 32.5c today ,guess where.......😂😂😂😂🚅🚅🚅🚅  What a Surprise 😂

Edited by ANYWEATHER

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Well, it took a few days, but this evening, the heat has done it's usual trick. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
1 hour ago, Beanz said:

I’ve always struggled with heat, but I’ve managed to get through it and generally not moan too much.  But this week it’s the humidity and even worse, the lack of any breeze whatsoever.  The only time I remember experiencing this weather before and not enjoying it was on holiday at Lake Como, that was the same - but at least I had a pool to escape from it then.  But the evenings were just unpleasant, as they are now.  

I was hoping tomorrow’s forecast would look a little better…but it looks like I’ll be seeking every opportunity again to sit in the car! 

Lake Como is gorgeous i stayed there for a week and i would absolutely live there even with how hot it was! Sooo gorgeous 😍

1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

What next, a Halloween heatwave🤦‍♂️

Please don’t 😭😭😭 don’t tempt the gods! It’s possible 

• Like 4

Posted

There are fireworks being let off a few streets away, I'd like to think it was like minded people celebrating to approaching close of the heat but probably not!

• Insightful 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Beanz said:

Yes, that's what has done it for me, particularly the last few days, not so much the heat, but high humidity and no breeze!!

• Like 1