Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Autumn 2023

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
47 minutes ago, MP-R said:

‘Right weather, wrong time of year’ strikes again 😅

Can anyone tell me if the hottest day of the year has ever occurred in September in the UK before this year?  It seems bonkers that we couldn’t reach these heights in July or August but I’m told September is the new Summer month so perhaps it’s to be expected…….🤔

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

A fair ol' bit of cloud more than forecasted here in Essex. Very pleasant, just not clear like the Met Offices weather progression map animation for today is showing. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

It's looking like a very warm first half of September

Could contain:

Best ensemble chart of the year. 

2 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

Can anyone tell me if the hottest day of the year has ever occurred in September in the UK before this year?  It seems bonkers that we couldn’t reach these heights in July or August but I’m told September is the new Summer month so perhaps it’s to be expected…….🤔

Yes, as recently as 2016 when 34.4C was set.

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
12 minutes ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

Yes, as recently as 2016 when 34.4C was set.

Thanks for that reply. 👍.   Meanwhile I also looked up this question online and discovered that the 2016 September record was the hottest September day since 1911 (so more than 100 years between records) but in both 1906 and 1991 September also produced the hottest day of the year - with the 2nd September 1906 reaching 35.6C and this is the hottest September day ever recorded in the UK!   Wonder how close we might get to this record in 2023…..?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

While 95% of England are enjoying clear blue skies today, I am unlucky enough to be in one of only a handful of areas where this rubbish will just not die. I try not to moan as the forecast is good but I'm going to miss most of the great weather next week doing numerous 10am-10pm shifts at work so it's really deflating to be stuck under grey while most are enjoying a beautiful sunny day. Like being left out of a friends party!

Could contain:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
10 minutes ago, SunSean said:

While 95% of England are enjoying clear blue skies today, I am unlucky enough to be in one of only a handful of areas where this rubbish will just not die. I try not to moan as the forecast is good but I'm going to miss most of the great weather next week doing numerous 10am-10pm shifts at work so it's really deflating to be stuck under grey while most are enjoying a beautiful sunny day. Like being left out of a friends party!

Could contain:

Must be so frustrating! Most of the country is having mainly clear skies, just a few blobs of grot floating around. Wouldn’t want to be in Spain at the moment, it looks like the UK normally does on satellite, covered in cloud. Some severe weather warnings there for rain and flooding. Meanwhile, a most pleasant 24°C in west London with plenty of sunshine 🌞 

Could contain:

Could contain:

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

Interesting, I was expecting full sun and very warm temperatures here today (Solihull), but it's clouded over atm. Keeping the temperature reasonable. 

Posted
5 hours ago, philglossop said:

Start of Autumn = stinking cold

Typical as it hit warmest day for weeks yesterday and I was in my gilet literally shivering. 

Hugs sweety x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, Sky Full said:

I think 2016 did, but I have my doubts on that one.

• Like 1

Posted
45 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Could contain:

Hugs darling I really feel for you x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

From one or two of the replies higher up, can definitely confirm being in one of those few places being invaded by the grey thing this afternoon. Though the cloud(s) look mostly connective and there is some patches of blue sky in between. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh
1 hour ago, Sky Full said:

Semi related but there was discussion regarding the 850hPa synoptics on Twitter I think. Supposedly if we had this setup in July or August we would have easily broken the 40°c record this year, I can't imagine how unprecedented that would have been. Upper 20°c 850hPas seem to be churning up frequently in summer model forecasts so it really makes you wonder what the following summers will do.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny summer with thunderstorms, freezing cold snowy winters.

Lovely day for a change, 24c and sunny.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Finally got my invite to the sun party 🥳 

Amazing difference to go from feeling cool under the grey cloud blanket to now sweating like Hunter Biden at a laptop repair place!

Hopefully no more moans now from me unless my birthday party on Saturday becomes a washout lol.

Could contain:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

A packed Scarborough north bay on a sunny September's day 😎👍🌞

Could contain:

• Like 4

Posted

Not seen a forecast like that for a while. 

IMG_6223.thumb.jpeg.f45ad336b82543f5196ed9e62ca53803.jpeg

An estimated 250-350k people on the beach today watching the airshow all hating the heat. Wouldn’t want to be driving out of Bournemouth this evening.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
2 hours ago, SunSean said:

Could contain:

It's actually hilarious that as 2 of the most avid cloud haters here, we are in one of the few areas of the country that isn't clear skies. 

1 hour ago, razorgrain said:

Where the heck were these temperatures in July 

Could contain:

In Alaska and Siberia. 

2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Must be so frustrating! Most of the country is having mainly clear skies, just a few blobs of grot floating around. Wouldn’t want to be in Spain at the moment, it looks like the UK normally does on satellite, covered in cloud. Some severe weather warnings there for rain and flooding. Meanwhile, a most pleasant 24°C in west London with plenty of sunshine 🌞 

Could contain:

Could contain:

Wtf is going on down in Spain!?? Good grief.

• Like 3

Posted

Gorgeously warm and sunny day today. Trouble is it's too warm for my dogs! They follow me everywhere so I am having to go indoors all the time for them to cool off! Not complaining, it's lovely to have the french doors open while I binge watch with a beer in my hand 🙂

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

I was being hyperbolic back in July when I said we'll go from being locked into a cool and wet pattern and end up locked in a warm and dry pattern, but it seems like the charts are indicating that could actually happen...

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Could contain:

Could contain:

see that strip going straight through Brum? Yep it was mainly cloudy for a couple of hours

• Like 1