Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2023

Posted
1 hour ago, LetItSnow! said:

I think the funniest part of the warm September analogue is the idea of someone breathing a sigh of relief at a 14.9 CET but having a breakdown at 15.0

Actually anything more than 14.91 would be a disaster! 😆 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow
12 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Christmas decorations, gift bags, tree lights etc are now on sale in Home Bargains I kid you not. For over a week now....getting earlier and earlier each year lol

Have been for a few weeks in Saltash branch!

Sadly went into Wilko and whilst I needed a new one, they were selling all Christmas stuff at 70% off last weekend. So bought one. 

Could contain:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Some parts of England and Wales are expected to see temperatures reach or exceed the threshold needed for and official heatwave, according to BBC weather

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Oooh yehh…30c this week?

IMG_6327.thumb.png.4270fafe1b343f5cc072838fb6b1943d.png

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well here comes Summer in Autumn cloud all gone temperatures zooming up rapidly.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

Still got some cloud cover here around Brum this morning, but it's thinning as I type...I'd expected to wake to full sun, but no sign of that so far. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
11 hours ago, LetItSnow! said:

I think the funniest part of the warm September analogue is the idea of someone breathing a sigh of relief at a 14.9 CET but having a breakdown at 15.0

I simply have more interesting things to ponder than worry about the number it ends up in. Still, rather unusual anomaly isn’t it! Though warm Septembers have had cold winters follow in olden times. 

September 2015 was chilly and September 2017 at times too. Fond memories of those Septembers for their weather. Just a shame 2015 had to go into psycho mode soon after. 

September 2015 had an average high of 17.5C here. That’s chilly by September standards but still warmer than an average May. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 hours ago, philglossop said:

Have been for a few weeks in Saltash branch!

Sadly went into Wilko and whilst I needed a new one, they were selling all Christmas stuff at 70% off last weekend. So bought one. 

Could contain:

Have they been rescued yet, if not, they are basically having closing down sales.

1 hour ago, The PIT said:

Well here comes Summer in Autumn cloud all gone temperatures zooming up rapidly.

In that case you might be sunnier than Kent this month lol, we still have cloud, and a dying trough coming up from the south.

Posted

Miserable thick cloud! The same old as I expected continues. Claims to be 20c out but looks breezy so won't feel that warm!

• Like 1

Posted
49 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Miserable thick cloud! The same old as I expected continues. Claims to be 20c out but looks breezy so won't feel that warm!

Yeah dull here too. No blue sky just grey cloud sheet and only 19c.  Even with a big area of high pressure same old dross....but it is Saturday......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Finally the sun's out, but I'm still watching that trough, seems to have broken up now, hopefully

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Cloud starting to clear with occasional sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

What's the storm risk looking like for us northern regions as this spell continues into the week?

Don't want a flooded bedroom again, it's not fun!

Edited by Schnee
Context

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Sunny spells & 21C here. A pleasant day but nothing out of the ordinary for early September.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Quite a warm night with all the cloud around, stayed above 15C. Still quite cloudy now but some sunshine trying to come out. Should be clearing more through today and tomorrow.

I think some September night temperature records at risk of being broken next week. September 1949 holds the local record of 17.9C here and could easily stay above 18C next Weds / Thurs. England / country wide record is 21.7C in London, also 1949.

Edited by Metwatch

Posted
1 minute ago, cheese said:

Regardless of anything else, I’m going to enjoy popping into the heat haters thread over the next week. Their meltdown has already begun and it’s very entertaining.

Huh, it's not even hot today, well now the sun's out it's nice, with a nice moderating breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, rain(any sort), overcast and grey.
8 minutes ago, cheese said:

Regardless of anything else, I’m going to enjoy popping into the heat haters thread over the next week. Their meltdown has already begun and it’s very entertaining.

That is horrible. You may disagree with our weather preferences but heat effects peoples physical and mental health negatively.

• Like 7

Posted
Just now, cheese said:

Still funny. 

No it isn’t 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
23 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

That is horrible. You may disagree with our weather preferences but heat effects peoples physical and mental health negatively.

So does a lack of sunshine, cold and wet. Which the UK gets in far, far greater abundance than heat. Plus it’s September, it’s not going to feel anywhere near as warm as it would in June or July due to solar elevation. 

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

So does a lack of sunshine, cold and wet. Which the UK gets in far, far greater abundance than heat. Plus it’s September, it’s not going to feel anywhere near as warm as it would in June or July due to solar elevation. 

I know it does that’s why I try to be sympathetic towards people who struggle with that and not laugh at their expense unlike some people in this forum.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
Just now, Gnasher said:

I know it does that’s why I try to be sympathetic towards people who struggle with that and not laugh at their expense unlike some people in this forum.

That’s nice of you 🙂 

Posted
1 hour ago, Metwatch said:

Quite a warm night with all the cloud around, stayed above 15C. Still quite cloudy now but some sunshine trying to come out. Should be clearing more through today and tomorrow.

I think some September night temperature records at risk of being broken next week. September 1949 holds the local record of 17.9C here and could easily stay above 18C next Weds / Thurs. England / country wide record is 21.7C in London, also 1949.

Yup, 1949 is a year that's all often mentioned by the climate change/warming world brigade. 😀

Posted

Have to say am rather delighted with the forecast for both UK and Czechia. Hopefully won’t mean a very mild, gloomy yucky winter

Could contain:

Could contain: