Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Autumn 2023

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

It always amazes me this time of the year when the MOD page goes ape. Sometimes 30+ new pages of posts in one day. In the end, it could all be for a bit of cold rain? Wonder if there is someone who reads through all 30 pages! Surely it would be a mild form of torture as you would never get to the end haha.

• Like 9

Posted

Decent start to the day down here, bright and not overly cold. It’s actually been a decent week in general with little rain, some decent sunny spells and not a hint of frost. Last round of golf of the year today so glad the weathers behaved it self. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn & Mild
1 hour ago, SunSean said:

It always amazes me this time of the year when the MOD page goes ape. Sometimes 30+ new pages of posts in one day. In the end, it could all be for a bit of cold rain? Wonder if there is someone who reads through all 30 pages! Surely it would be a mild form of torture as you would never get to the end haha.

I find myself drawn to that page just to read the madness! 😆

• Like 6

Posted

I find it a bit ironic that people are pleased to see the risk of a marginal snow event disappear just because it was modelled to bring the briefest of brief warm ups in the south. Instead they'd rather see it staying cold but with lower snow chances. Ether way, the south would only have a low chance of snow but I guess they'd rather avoid 24 hours of slightly less cold air than seeing other areas have a greater chance of snow.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

18Z wasn't very good for snow, much too far north, 00Z better but feel will be more of a channel low, meaning marginal snow S of M4

Posted
12 minutes ago, Weatherman_93 said:

I find myself drawn to that page just to read the madness! 😆

Yes, it gives me comfort to read the mad thread, as it proves to me that i'm not as mad as i think😁

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, SunSean said:

I have stopped reading because it scares me to see so many people obsessed with snow 🙂 🙂

Edited by SunnyG
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, SunnyG said:

I have stopped reading because it scares me to see so many people obsessed with snow 🙂 🙂

You seem to be that way with mild, wet and windy

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

You seem to be that way with mild, wet and windy

I don't like wind and don't like rain, but I can bear them because you can still go out for walks without risking your neck. Snow, I loathe.

Posted
2 hours ago, SunnyG said:

I don't like wind and don't like rain, but I can bear them because you can still go out for walks without risking your neck. Snow, I loathe.

I'm the complete opposite. I find walking in snow to be far more pleasant. Don't get battered about (if it's not windy) or as soaked, and everything looks beautiful. It also affects sound and makes everything more peaceful.

People completely missing my point in the mod thread, as usual. Don't know why I bother.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

An interesting autumn that started (meteorologically speaking) with intense heat and is ending with cold and potentially rather snowy conditions. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
3 hours ago, MattStoke said:

I find it a bit ironic that people are pleased to see the risk of a marginal snow event disappear just because it was modelled to bring the briefest of brief warm ups in the south. Instead they'd rather see it staying cold but with lower snow chances. Ether way, the south would only have a low chance of snow but I guess they'd rather avoid 24 hours of slightly less cold air than seeing other areas have a greater chance of snow.

Will always be on the hunt for something like 10th December 2017 rather than snow showers from the North Sea which barely bring anything here. Same with December 2022, that didn't see a proper breakdown or low sliding south of here to give a dumping, just that disturbance which gave snow south of here mostly on the 11th. 

Here's hoping it happens next week but everything needs to be timed perfectly and a perfect track of any lows. 

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
22 hours ago, Weatherman_93 said:

I don't hate the cold, i just prefer a milder winter. Snow is usually a pain in the weeble especially if i have to commute or the schools close so always happy to have a snow free winter. If it gets cold as it will do probably off and on until feb/mar then so be it.

I'm still baffled with the folks that post in the 'mad' thread. People being genuinely excited and having butterflies in the tummy when models are published. They are almost as bad as the media with their constant will it or wont it. People asking what the model output is for March 🙄 

We don't know who everybody is, it would not surprise me one bit if some of them are media, net weather does get quotes a few times in papers.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Metwatch said:

Will always be on the hunt for something like 10th December 2017 rather than snow showers from the North Sea which barely bring anything here. Same with December 2022, that didn't see a proper breakdown or low sliding south of here to give a dumping, just that disturbance which gave snow south of here mostly on the 11th. 

Here's hoping it happens next week but everything needs to be timed perfectly and a perfect track of any lows. 

Not looking very likely at the moment. It's tracked southward on each model since yesterday.

I could understand people not wanting in to come in if it was going to see a return to milder conditions, but it looks like colder air would quickly move back in even if it turned briefly milder in the far south. Or if people would rather stick with less marginal snowfalls, but the air simply doesn't look like it will be cold enough for that; Such disturbances are needed for snow in this depth of cold.

People are very illogical! 

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 hours ago, SunSean said:

I do lol, better than a novel lol,  

Posted
3 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Most in there want the low to stay south, the arguments about it are based on, it a forecast we don't actually know what it's going to do yet, stop being so emotional.

3 hours ago, Bristle Si said:

Yes, it gives me comfort to read the mad thread, as it proves to me that i'm not as mad as i think😁

Lol exactly.

Posted
4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Most in there want the low to stay south, the arguments about it are based on, it a forecast we don't actually know what it's going to do yet, stop being so emotional.

Lol exactly.

Not being emotional. I just don't understand people's logic, or lack of.

Posted
3 hours ago, SunnyG said:

I love snow when it's falling and just after, it's not slippery yet, for walking on. A nice walk in the snow before it goes all slushy and icey is very enjoyable. I don't like snow after that though. Have balance issues and ice walking is a no no.

3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Not being emotional. I just don't understand people's logic, or lack of.

Was saying you was being emotional, I was meaning those who get upset at chart past four days on the GFS. Was kind of quoting what is meant by those who debate with them.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Nice day here , but the wind has a bite! 

IMG_0764.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn & Mild
40 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

We don't know who everybody is, it would not surprise me one bit if some of them are media, net weather does get quotes a few times in papers.

I can quite believe it!

Posted

Really hope a proper cold and snowy spell materialises. December is the best month for snow having the shorter days and festivities. If I could chose a 4 week window in winter to have a cold spell it would be 2nd week of December - 1st week of Jan. 

• Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, SunSean said:

I see what you did there.

Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy L said:

Really hope a proper cold and snowy spell materialises. December is the best month for snow having the shorter days and festivities. If I could chose a 4 week window in winter to have a cold spell it would be 2nd week of December - 1st week of Jan. 

Talks of last Dec hope don't happen, jack s**t here

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

This evening on my commute home from work was the first time this season my hands felt like ice. Time to start digging out the gloves. 

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1