Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2023

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
2 hours ago, Freeze said:

I'm not a huge fan of that winter, here we had a few frosts which was nice but it was very wet while a lot of the country was enjoying lots of snow. Still, I did get to see snow falling briefly on the 24th Jan although it didn't lay. 

Had about 6 or 7 separate light coverings here that winter but nothing heavy. But I'd take it over a lot of the mild garbage we usually get.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
13 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Had about 6 or 7 separate light coverings here that winter but nothing heavy. But I'd take it over a lot of the mild garbage we usually get.

Haven't had a covering since february 2019 and that was only a couple cms.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, baddie said:

If we cant get a cold and snowy winter, could we please have a springlike one?

kind of agree, snow fan but cannot disagree with anyone that says 'roll on Spring'

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.
3 hours ago, Weatherman_93 said:

i remember Lodon having snow around the 12th December but that was it. Was gone by the weekend.

Snow cover locally lasted a whole week. Even into the early hours of the 18th, snow was surviving in patches, all gone by the 19th. It was the longest snow cover I had seen since 2013 or 2010.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I am personally enjoying the more seasonal feel we have been having and what is looking to be contiuing into December. Would be nice having another great first couple of weeks of December, similar to last year. Snow would be a bonus, but it we can't have that then I'll take cold, sunny and frosty. I appreciate that many don't like the cold (with the exception of snow on Christmas morning maybe), but more often than not these days it is milder than average and there are many ways to help keep yourself warm.

• Like 1

Posted

Not enjoying the leaden grey skies very much here, with the rain, drizzle and dampness. Would much prefer proper cold and blue skies or clouds full of snow. This halfway house is not gonna wash. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, according to the Met. Office, the models are all over the place. So, keep those snow-shovels at the ready. . .

Edited by Methuselah
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Winter 20-21 was made far more bearable thanks to the spells of cold weather, indeed it was never especially mild other than the run in to christmas and second half of Feb. A lot of usable cold sunny weather. A re-run of winter 19-20 combined with the pandemic would have been awful. 

• Like 1

Posted

Looking forward to some sunny and frosty days to start December but I hope we get at least a little bit of snow. Although nice, last December was disappointing for a severe cold spell as there was no snow (here at least). Also interesting to have the third cold end to November in a row.

• Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, Methuselah said:

Well, according to the Met. Office, the models are all over the place. So, keep those snow-shovels at the ready. . .

Only thing more all over the place is the MAD thread. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Not the greatest pics but a cool sight waking up to an incredibly bright full moon in the morning sky!

20231128_073011.jpg

20231128_073135.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Looking forward to the next few days of sunshine and frost. Shame there won't be much if any snow on offer but that's okay, still too early anyway.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

I can't complain. Lots of sun on offer over the next 8-9 or so days and cold temperatures at the time of year when they're exciting and enjoyable, especially so early in the season! Usually at this time of year it's nothing but dreary endless dull weather that we get so this is great.

Much rather this happened in late November than say, early March.

Edited by Sun Chaser
  • Like 2

Posted

Question to Coldies! What temperatures do you consider interesting/enjoyable for you? For heat lovers, I see 24c being described as good, 28c plus as notable and obviously 30c being a marker and 35c plus being very hot. What low temperatures translate this way as markers for Coldies? Always been curious ❄️

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
30 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Question to Coldies! What temperatures do you consider interesting/enjoyable for you? For heat lovers, I see 24c being described as good, 28c plus as notable and obviously 30c being a marker and 35c plus being very hot. What low temperatures translate this way as markers for Coldies? Always been curious ❄️

For me on the coast, daytime temps around 5 and below start to peak my interest, and obviously 0c and below at night. I probably have a lower benchmark to most though ❄ 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
10 hours ago, TheOgre said:

Looking forward to some sunny and frosty days to start December but I hope we get at least a little bit of snow. Although nice, last December was disappointing for a severe cold spell as there was no snow (here at least). Also interesting to have the third cold end to November in a row.

Here it was weird lol, day before London snow, we had sleet showers on a west south west direction, however the last couple were so heavy something landed, then it rained on it the next day, but a lot of it survived as patches of ice till the main Thor, it was quite weird lol. It was still sleet pellets cause I could here it, sounded like glass falling from the sky. And it didn't bounce about like mini ping pong balls like graupel does.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, SunSean said:

For me it's not about temp, it's about conditions, today is perfect, dry cloudless blue sky, not much notable wind. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Lovely blue but cold looking skies here……

IMG_0766.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

another sunny day with a high of +7c..only had 1 ice day this November and 0mm of precipitation..last year for context in a pretty average Nov we had 22 ice days.

Posted

Very nice day today! Was with the dog sitting outside at a sea facing pub with a coffee and it felt 10 degrees warmer with the sun shining on my face. If most days this Winter end up being like this, I would begin to enjoy Winter much more! Add in some snow too of course!

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, SunSean said:

Very nice day today! Was with the dog sitting outside at a sea facing pub with a coffee and it felt 10 degrees warmer with the sun shining on my face. If most days this Winter end up being like this, I would begin to enjoy Winter much more! Add in some snow too of course!

Sun? What's sun? Didn't last more than a few hours here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

finding models/forecasts very underwhelming, if not bordering on boring, cold -3 nights and dry do not interest me

• Thanks 1