Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2023

Posted
1 hour ago, raz.org.rain said:

I'm cynical about this. Is it really because of the "cold weather" or is it more to do with massively inadequate infrastructure with no funding to update?

The latter, obviously.

Posted
On 27/11/2023 at 10:34, Alderc 2.0 said:

Looks like a very breif cold snap and almost no lowland snow. Given how recent seasons have been it wouldn’t surprise me if this is the only chilly spell all winter. Was good to see GFS earlier with temps to 13-15C by the middle of next week, hopefully this comes off. 

I am keeping my fingers crossed. Anyway, today was nothing like the Arctic weather on forecast....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

It's looking like another great start to the winter season is on the cards. Some snow would be nice, but it's early days yet and I do love cold, crisp sunny days.

We are at that time of the year now where mild more often than not means overcast and on the unsettled side. We have had more than enough rain now as well as above average temps. 

I like seasonal weather, whatever the time of year.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 4

Posted
32 minutes ago, Dangerous55019 said:

Evening everyone. 😊

Well sadly we’re in the dying days of autumn 2023. 😢

In my neck of the woods, most of the trees have now lost their autumn plumage, but I thought I’d share some of the photos that I’ve taken of the autumn colours at night! 😳📸🍁🍂👍🏻

I present to you… Autumn by lamp light! 😁

IMG_8861.jpeg

IMG_8859.jpeg

IMG_8912.jpeg

IMG_8780.jpeg

IMG_8857.jpeg

Very nice.

Autumn seems to be the "shortest" season by far nowadays, at least, what's left of it does.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
25 minutes ago, CharlieBear9 said:

Very nice.

Autumn seems to be the "shortest" season by far nowadays, at least, what's left of it does.

Agree. The former half tends to sort of just bleed into summer a bit, which is fine, but then the latter of half is purely hit and miss. 

Happy to see this week and a few days last week bringing properly chilly (and sunny) weather. 

Last year early December was also great for wintry feels...so could be worse for those of us who like seasonality! 😁❄️

27 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Caught a Moonbow! 🌜🌈

20231128_210012.jpg

Screenshot_20231128_210344_Gallery.jpg

20231128_210923.jpg

Is that just on your phone!?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Does it bother anyone else when many tv weather reports say degrees rather than degrees Celsius which is what they mean. BBC do it all the time, international viewers must think we are Baltic when reporters are saying for example ‘it’ll be 5 degrees’ rather than saying it’ll be 5 degrees Celsius  which is the correct term ie 41 degrees farenheit, it really is irritating to me as 5 degrees is -15c 

We should do away with Celsius and use Fahrenheit only in my opinion.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh
7 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

Does it bother anyone else when many tv weather reports say degrees rather than degrees Celsius which is what they mean. BBC do it all the time, international viewers must think we are Baltic when reporters are saying for example ‘it’ll be 5 degrees’ rather than saying it’ll be 5 degrees Celsius  which is the correct term ie 41 degrees farenheit, it really is irritating to me as 5 degrees is -15c 

To be fair it's only really the US that uses Fahrenheit, the rest of the world uses Celsius. It would be a terrible idea to revert back to Fahrenheit, people of my generation have only ever used Celsius.

Edited by raz.org.rain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
2 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

I disagree, Celsius is much simpler freezing at 0c boiling at 100c, Fahrenheit is a bit 'messy' in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, raz.org.rain said:

To be fair it's only really the US that uses Fahrenheit, the rest of the world uses Celsius. I would be a terrible idea to revert back to Fahrenheit, people of my generation have only ever used Celsius.

Personally I’d prefer Fahrenheit, celcius is confusing but whatever, mostly I’d like weather reporters to use the correct terminology ie celcius or Fahrenheit not degrees 

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted
Just now, Mapantz said:

It's currently 274 kelvin here.

Kelvin confuses me so much, sounds very toasty ha 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
23 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

Not often i disagree on this forum... but degrees 'c' (Celsius) - is the way we do it in the UK - the freezing point of water is far better than the American alternative IMHO.

Color, neighbor, zuchini and basil pronounced Bayzil come to mind. 

But I'm still friendly 😘

Edited by Pixel
spwellin
  • Like 7

Posted
53 minutes ago, raz.org.rain said:

To be fair it's only really the US that uses Fahrenheit, the rest of the world uses Celsius. It would be a terrible idea to revert back to Fahrenheit, people of my generation have only ever used Celsius.

I agree! I'm a C girl! Never done F!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
3 hours ago, CharlieBear9 said:

Very nice.

Down here in Sussex it seems to last from October to March.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, raz.org.rain said:

Exactly. Only Americans would be confused.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
8 hours ago, raz.org.rain said:

I'm cynical about this. Is it really because of the "cold weather" or is it more to do with massively inadequate infrastructure with no funding to update?

Probably just running short of whatever they use to generate electricity again. We'll hear of this every winter now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I remember years ago, the forecast always used to be in ⁰c apart from during a heat wave, when ⁰f was used lol. I'm talking when I was a kid.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!
10 hours ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Agree. The former half tends to sort of just bleed into summer a bit, which is fine, but then the latter of half is purely hit and miss. 

Happy to see this week and a few days last week bringing properly chilly (and sunny) weather. 

Last year early December was also great for wintry feels...so could be worse for those of us who like seasonality! 😁❄️

Is that just on your phone!?

Yeah it is indeed. Didn't come out as clear as I would have liked but happy to get a snap of the phenomena!

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

F doesn't even make sense to me. What does the zero mean for them? No idea. Same as it doesn't make sense to put the month before the day in writing down a date. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1