IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Mid Summer Onwards

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
3 minutes ago, Aiden2012 said:

Now this is what I’m looking for 😍

Could contain:

Well that would certainly be a shock to the system. I wouldn't say no , although would prefer it in December ❄️.

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
51 minutes ago, Don said:

I hope I haven't gone too low (13C) with my October guess already?! 🤔

Perhaps not-

image.thumb.png.2642c76c5cf57dc0337adcce8e6d2af0.png

image.thumb.png.d077a7cbc666c7e5392a31bf50732820.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

To go from unseasonable warmth to unseasonable cold in the span of a week would be extraordinary.

Almost expecting it given the way the weather has been in the last few mths

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Just take whatever is offered.
1 hour ago, legion_quest said:

Interesting to see all the models now lining up after their little disagreement.

Not the outcome I was hoping for, worrying heat levels for this time of year, but makes sense really given just how much there is to our South.

It has to go somewhere, and as it gets hotter and hotter in summer in the Med and Africa, heat is just going to be there for us longer and longer every year.  

I think we need to have the same approach with looking at weather charts as mushy does, he looks mainly at anomoly charts and ensembles, quite a lot of the time he is proven right ✅️  as well.     Hope he comes back online as well because his contributions are brilliant.    

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
41 minutes ago, legion_quest said:

To go from unseasonable warmth to unseasonable cold in the span of a week would be extraordinary.

October 2018 did just that! An overlooked month for its temperature swings.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

ECM 🔥 

Could contain:

Could contain:

Yes a home run for the ECM regarding the southerly it seems . All models tonight have this as I have recently posted. 

Could contain:

So @ANYWEATHERare you ready to accept here that you was wrong on this occasion? Ecm has had a success here and yes it is extreme for the time of year. 

Could contain:

Could contain:
Interestingly ECM now clears the heat quicker , whats to say it is not right this time too ?

Could contain:

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

Yes a home run for the ECM regarding the southerly it seems . All models tonight have this as I have recently posted. 

Could contain:

It does though clear the heat away eastwards a bit more quickly at the end of the weekend. A short very warm spell looking most likely.

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

If I remember though, wasn't GFS, and maybe other models showing similar for today last Sunday? was definitely expecting 25C and sunny today this time last week, GFS underestimated the Atlantic

Yes this time last week, Today was looking very nice. We had outdoor plans.

In the Midlands this afternoon has been very wet

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
10 minutes ago, Neil Harris said:

Yes this time last week, Today was looking very nice. We had outdoor plans.

In the Midlands this afternoon has been very wet

Hope not same again, models had everything too far west, already a step backwards on the EC 12Z, another windy unsettled Sunday, with now just Saturday, maybe Friday looking good, will everything be moved east and cancel the warm Fri/Sat?

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
41 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

It does though clear the heat away eastwards a bit more quickly at the end of the weekend. A short very warm spell looking most likely.

I think that's up for grabs still . Mogreps have plenty staying warm for London . Further north and west less so although still some keeping it warm even here .

Could contain:

• Like 2

Posted

Interesting model viewing at present. Yesterday ECM and GFS were complete opposites at the 144-168 hr timeframe. This evening they are much more in sync.

What have we in store, another very mild week, especially by Thursday, with the ridge to the SE pulling in a warm southerly draw holding the trough to the west. This synoptic is maintained into the weekend. Sat 7 currently projected to see very mild uppers, and widely temps into low 20s I would expect.

Thereafter, the ECm shunts the heat aside quick, the trough moves in and we pull in much cooler air from the NW, trend followed by increasingly cooler air. GFS is the same.

The classic southerly then northerly switcharound often happens in Spring, might be on offer.

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

I think that's up for grabs still . Mogreps have plenty staying warm for London . Further north and west less so although still some keeping it warm even here .

Could contain:

hi mark the latest ECM is showing the very warm air..but doesnt last all that long

Posted
12 minutes ago, Lukesluckybunch said:

hi mark the latest ECM is showing the very warm air..but doesnt last all that long

The ens look like they agree broadly with that scenario this evening , however there is a minority but significant cluster that keep it warmer for longer. Lets see what GFS says soon and more so the runs tomorrow, fantastic model watching  as the transition of seasons unfolds.

• Like 3

Posted

UKV high resolution is gradually coming into range. Looking back, this was pretty accurate in nailing temperatures during the September heatwave, whereas GFS and ECM generally came out a little too low.

image.thumb.png.85d9df7a9601449efba0c84933898bc2.png

Only up to Friday afternoon today. The 21C on Friday is noticeably higher than GFS (18C) and ECM (19C).

Main difference is the timing at which the 15C isotherm becomes widespread. UKV gets there for many by 15Z Friday, allowing a significantly warmer afternoon, whereas on ECM and GFS the highest 850s are kept close to the SW coast until Friday evening or early Saturday, with sea breezes therefore limiting maxes on Friday.

Shows how a tiny change in timings, surface conditions etc. can still play havoc with predicting temperatures at this stage. More runs needed!

• Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, Addicks Fan 1981 said:

Pretty dry really and little if any sign of any rain whatsoever according to the EPS at 240 hours ahead.    

WWW.TROPICALTIDBITS.COM

EPS-fast model forecast of 500mb Height Anomaly for Northern Hemisphere

That's what I like to see. May it continue. We've had more than enough rain in July and August.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but the prevailing wind!
4 hours ago, Aiden2012 said:

Now this is what I’m looking for 😍

Could contain:

Hopefully, come late March, we might even be sick of that pattern! 

1 hour ago, Lukesluckybunch said:

ECM bringing in a very warm airmass also..but shortlived.at 240h theres a trough to the northwest ,would it produce a shot of early cold.a day or 2 after?

The op looks like it would chuck a big northerly in day 11-13

image.thumb.png.d8fe7cb636b24a38d460e0e2fdf0b8fd.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
26 minutes ago, SunnyG said:

That's what I like to see. May it continue. We've had more than enough rain in July and August.

As I still have flowering plants somehow, well the weather I expect has something to do with it, will have to start watering them again if it doesn't rain tomorrow, this weather is getting ridiculous.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Lukesluckybunch said:

Could contain:

Posted

Raw maxes from the 18z GFS for F/S/S/M/T (and yes, the heat extends from Fri-Tues for some places) are 21/25/26/24/24.

Summer for many on Sunday:

image.thumb.png.3f8b40fc5de578171bd669b9765f7a05.png

But for the cold fans, a frosty morning for many at 252 hours by Thursday 11th (not to be taken seriously!)

image.thumb.png.9e16411db797c517466fae92339e3b85.png

• Like 5