Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Pia (DMI) Thursday 21st

Summer Sun

Posted

Personally believe they've been spot on with the warnings and they've been in place with plenty of notice.pretty windy here particularly early AM .nothing a big coat won't sort out.few go arounds at Liverpool airport very early on but nothing since light breeze now as I head into work.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever Mother Nature cares to throw my way
18 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

This is quite the storm ... The neighbours bin has just blown down the street 

😊 I was going to say "shame on the neighbour" but I'd be dropping into hypocritical mode,   even though I am battened down well in advance of high wind forecasts ,  I heard a clattering outside , noting my stacker recycling boxes had become loose and the top stacker had managed to free itself from the stack and was blowing up the cul-de-sac ....lol // oops

image.png.e0d466e2ea43311964d48e59bb3c2c49.png

• Thanks 1

Posted
38 minutes ago, Taylorthesnowman said:

Personally believe they've been spot on with the warnings and they've been in place with plenty of notice.pretty windy here particularly early AM .nothing a big coat won't sort out.few go arounds at Liverpool airport very early on but nothing since light breeze now as I head into work.

Same comments made about the met office long range forecasts that ultimately may not comment on what people want to see, but are rarely wrong, vastly more accurate than the sensationalist forecasts posted in there before yet another failed cold snap.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Although the wind down here has been nothing compared to areas further north, it has still been much windier than what was forecast.

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Fiona Robertson said:

I hate to ask, but at some point can mods deal with the name-calling?

Call it what it is ... Verbal abuse

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Although the wind down here has been nothing compared to areas further north, it has still been much windier than what was forecast.

I agree.  I wasn't expecting some noisy gusts

Posted
5 minutes ago, Rain Lady said:

That makes me feel dizzy lol

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well today is what I call a storm. Ceratinly a red warning was needed for here 77mph peak gust and plenty others into the 60's. before it quitened down a bit. Still force 5 here which is a normal breezy day now.

Posted

I don't think "Snowflake" when used as an ad homonym is a generalised term for a specific generation. It's a phrase usually directed at groups or people who are assumed to be overly-sensitive because of their objection to a philosophy or because of a reaction to current affairs.

It gained popularity with supporters of so-called "Populist" movements during the last decade. 

On a personal note I'm usually accused of being a "snowflake" when I express empathy towards the struggles of people with "protected characteristics". And for me there's no greater praise than being called a "Leftie Snowflake" but some people might find it frustrating or insulting.

Just look out for each other, yes?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm sunny days , gales in Autumn , frost in Winter .

How are people coping? There are trees down in Somerset , but as far as  I know there aren't any power cuts . 

Wind has died down but forecast to rise again around 2200h.

Hope everyone is 9k . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
14 minutes ago, Wivenswold said:

I don't think "Snowflake" when used as an ad homonym is a generalised term for a specific generation. It's a phrase usually directed at groups or people who are assumed to be overly-sensitive because of their objection to a philosophy or because of a reaction to current affairs.

It gained popularity with supporters of so-called "Populist" movements during the last decade. 

On a personal note I'm usually accused of being a "snowflake" when I express empathy towards the struggles of people with "protected characteristics". And for me there's no greater praise than being called a "Leftie Snowflake" but some people might find it frustrating or insulting.

Just look out for each other, yes?

I thought this was to with today's high winds ,really don't understand what snowflake has to do with this thread😂😂😂 Yes some lively gusts here where I was working out in the open, over 50 mph I would imagine....😲

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, jellybaby1969 said:

Snowflake generation... honestly ! Think this has been managed well no need for a red warning  or even an amber.

Twaddle certainly a risk to life which is red. Them things called trees tend to squash people and kill them in most cases

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, The PIT said:

Twaddle certainly a risk to life which is red. Them things called trees tend to squash people and kill them in most cases

Thank you Captain Hindsight! 👍

Posted
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

A weather warning is in place in the East Midlands, with multiple roads closed in Derbyshire.

WWW.MSN.COM

I would say by pure luck

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Wasn’t anything to wild here odd probably dead tree down though I think warning was justified as msm images can testify for 

• Like 1

Posted

I thought storm PIa had damaged my anemometer as I was only recording max gusts of 31 mph according the steel gauges.  Remoted into the pc that handles the weather. Weatherlink recording more than 31mph Culumsmx itself was logging higher gusts but the dashboard also showed 31 mph only. After I killed the program strangely steel gauges on my web site shot up to 39mph which was right. Anyway upgraded the program while I was it so hopefully this strange issue is fixed. Never happened before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 hour ago, The PIT said:

I thought storm PIa had damaged my anemometer as I was only recording max gusts of 31 mph according the steel gauges.  Remoted into the pc that handles the weather. Weatherlink recording more than 31mph Culumsmx itself was logging higher gusts but the dashboard also showed 31 mph only. After I killed the program strangely steel gauges on my web site shot up to 39mph which was right. Anyway upgraded the program while I was it so hopefully this strange issue is fixed. Never happened before.

3.28.0 - b3269
——————————————
New

- Wind Gust values not being recorded as high values with moderate spike values set and wind speed in mph or knots

Posted

hi Mapantz the gusts were being recoded but not shown in steel gauges. They showed up in the logs and weather trends graphs but not steel guages. Wierd issue.