Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Into 2024

Catacol
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for model related chat and discussion only.
Please head over to the Winter chat thread if your post isn't about the models. If you'd like localised weather chat, make sure you've joined your regional group. Or if you just want to moan about the weather or models, or would like to ramp up whatever may be on the way - there is now a dedicated ramp and moans thread.

Please use the insightful reaction on posts you think should be copied to the model highlights thread.

As ever, please keep to the community guidelines, the guiding principles of which are:
Be kind -- Stay on topic -- Share your knowledge -- Be polite -- Be honest -- Be tolerant -- Be family-friendly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

Just for lighthearted fun , hope none of you are having a winter break in Spain or parts of Southern Europe 

You might need ski's. 

I think there's strong support for widespread snow events cropping up all over the UK 🇬🇧  from next weekend onwards. 

24011618_0618.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
28 minutes ago, Lukesluckybunch said:

Looks a bit of a mess to me at 180..not sure where this is going..maybe here comes the renewed push of heights 192

Enough already, what charts are you viewing? 

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, Lukesluckybunch said:

Again it's so far out at day 9 it begins..can we take this seriously...ecm wasn't in the mood..

The real cold has always been progged for the 15th for a week now. Patience 

21 minutes ago, Lukesluckybunch said:

Pattern seems to be collapsing..left with a wedge of heights it looks like..we just about get away with it..with the southern extent of the jet

Is there a reason why you always try to contradict everyone else on here. Well at least that’s how your coming across 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

Things have become much messier today compared to the much cleaner evolutions of a few days ago, just don’t want things to get any messier. Otherwise the real cold will struggle to make it to the UK

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Hatewarmth said:

The real cold has always been progged for the 15th for a week now. Patience 

Is there a reason why you always try to contradict everyone else on here. Well at least that’s how your coming across 

No sorry if I came across like that..I'm just discussing the models and what I'm seeing?

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, NewEra21 said:

Things have become much messier today compared to the much cleaner evolutions of a few days ago, just don’t want things to get any messier. Otherwise the real cold will struggle to make it to the UK

It’s just variations of the same general pattern. It’s impossible for models to be so accurate so far out hence why people are debating then

Just now, Lukesluckybunch said:

No sorry if I came across like that..I'm just discussing the models and what I'm seeing?

Ok maybe you just need to smile as that’s what the models are making most on here do 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Hatewarmth said:

It’s just variations of the same general pattern. It’s impossible for models to be so accurate so far out hence why people are debating then

Ok maybe you just need to smile as that’s what the models are making most on here do 😀

Oh I think it looks good also..just been burnt many times before,.I'm liking what I see from the gfs.just hoping the ecm can join the party too😊

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
19 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

Control doesn't have a whiff of the shortwave development, so I imagine it will look close to the UKMO by 168 and potentially get the northernly in quicker 

gensnh-0-1-126 (1).png

Looks like it is kind of falling apart at T+174 unfortunately, at least quite a different evolution, but might get cold coming in from the Scandi direction later.

Edited by Mcconnor8
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
18 minutes ago, Purga said:

Blimey - another easterly for the south at day 11 ! 😮😁

GFSOPUK18_258_1.thumb.png.de638414a42a62d2b5dda8a61b82b9f9.png

So much better than a failed dry  Northerly which gets threatened by the Iberian high everytime it attempts to move south of the Midlands think im going to stick to the snow potential in the reliable period Monday for now too far away still to know about this period! Exciting times fellow Southern/Southeasterners 😀

• Like 9

Posted

Actually very poor from the 18z control!! Worse than op at this point with no proper heights over Greenland 

image.thumb.png.a9269bb767bc4ee2c56e946926bc9fd0.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Cmon the Mighty Navgem , you've got this 🙌.

C336B3F9-1C96-413E-A47D-E34D62B9A141.png

93501570-2931-4802-8746-CB7EACE3D2F7.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

The GEFS appear to be holding that shortwave further west at T192 compared with the 12z, as a result colder air is less well aligned, perhaps just a little delayed.

gensnh-31-1-192.thumb.png.e02fc6a92a4c92461869194277586c1a.png

Edited by Met4Cast
  • Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

Ukmo absolutely solid with that cold pool Monday 

18z run @sheikhy

ukmohd_uk1-16-47-0.png

Best for us by far!!the -10 line goes into yorkie aswell😱!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

As soon as the Atlantic quietens down models really start to struggle and hence FI gets brought much further forward. 

We've got a sunny high coming in with some possible snow showers for Eastern areas. The 18z GFS looks more positive up to day 5, which I feel we ought to take in the meantime. 

Get the heights in, then on to the next step. 

I don't think I'll have the headspace to chase all the way to week after next!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

I really really don’t wanna be a downer in here but I feel the longer this high sits over the top of us the more chance of it going belly up. Like I keep seeing comments like snow events from next weekend on, it’s like a week away minimum for that, that’s plenty of time for things to go wrong. I’m hopeful for some white stuff early next week for some as models cannot be trusted for a week away. Yes it may all count down like clockwork and I hope it does but equally don’t hang your hats on it as things can change at the flick of a switch. Only takes that low to the sw to play up or the dreaded high south of us. Etc etc. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2