Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A superb start to the day here, plenty of sunshine and promises to be a very decent day before things head downhill tonight onwards.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Bright and pleasant first thing then abruptly interrupted by clouds and showers.

• Like 5

Posted

Been absolutely beautiful here so far.  Breached 15°C again Macc currently 15.2°C.  Man Airport in top 5 at the moment on 15°C.  If only these spells would last longer.  I was surprised to see that 2 of Maccs reservoirs located in the forest were not at capacity, I've seen then much fuller, hmmmm.  😁☀️☀️

Screenshot_20240318_133704_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

What an awful trend this is and one hopefully doesn’t verify,turning colder towards beginning of April with an increased risk of sleet and snow showers,two months a go yes,but now looking for some early season warmth.

IMG_2406.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

cheshire snow it was always going to happen.

Amazing how often you get mild winters with cold spells and snow following in March or April.

Given the mild weather up until this point, I’d think any hard frosts would be quite damaging going forward. Things have had pretty much uninterrupted growth up until this time.

Edited by Cheshire Freeze
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Reasonable enough day though looks like rain isn’t to far away 

• Like 4

Posted

Not much in the way of sunshine, bright at times but alot of cloud. Felt pleasant in the light winds with temps knocking on 12 degrees. Certainly a feeling of 'spring in the air', but some good sunny spells would cement that further. The immediate outlook looks dull, the weekend should bring much more sunshine in the clean polar air and a return of frost. 

• Like 5

Posted

Our day out yesterday had some great weather but proved ultimately fruitless in view of an unfortunate muddle in dates. Today has started off well again but some cloud bubbling up in an otherwise blue sky. Still very mild though and likely to continue that way for 2-3 days before a chilly Northerly moves in for the weekend.  

• Like 5

Posted

Morning.  12.2°C and not quite 10am.  Showered about 7am but with the bursts of sunshine the ground is drying.  So a chilly weekend instore with good clear air, I  hope to hike a small ascent and make the most of the clear views, my last day today of a 20 day radiotherapy treatment programme so I'll see what the weekend brings. 😁

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

A grand day with sunshine from the off managed to get some of the patio laid only 50 square metres to go 👍

• Like 4

Posted

Yes, a nice day, dry throughout and really mild, with just some 'fluffy' cloud which didn't spoil the feel of the day. Cloud coming in now and I suspect we may get some rain overnight again lasting into tomorrow.

• Like 5

Posted

It's been a grand day really though humid.    Max 12.5 C.   Felt warm outside as the sun was shining most of the time.   But a veil of cloud came over from the west since 4pm.    Curlews have been very noisy this afternoon.  Usually a sign of rain.

Been outside most of the day surveying the sodden rain-trashed scene.   I've succumbed to that serious malady --- "where-to-startitis". 

• Like 6

Posted

Cheshire Freeze No need to worry the Cheshire and Merseyside crew are safe.

seriously though no thanks.

IMG_2410.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

cheshire snow we’re either going to get a late cold spell or deluged by rainfall IMO into late March/early April.

It’s a matter of picking your poison.

Edited by Cheshire Freeze
  • Like 6

Posted

Cheshire Freeze or heading as far south as possible Cape Verdi is nice in April.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

cheshire snow the mad thread can have as many southerly corrections as it wants at this time of year.

I’ll take dry warm and sunny.

• Like 6

Posted

iand61 absolutely 👍 

you just know that months of false promise this will probably verify.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Looks like Spring proper is on hold for the foreseeable taking a look at tonight's charts. Chilly/ cold Spring weather isn't desired past early March for me personally any low ground snowfall that shows up on the charts 10 days away will be 6c and cold rain come the day. 

• Like 5

Posted

Joe Snow From late March on, northerly, easterly and cold cyclonic conditions are far more likely to occur than any stage since early June. 

• Like 7

Posted

20th March 1989, remember this well. It was the start of Easter school holidays, it was a Monday. Rain moved in from the west during the early afternoon and the temperatures were such that there was a possibility that this could turn to snow. As the afternoon went on, it gradually turned to snow and by 5pm, there was a covering of snow on the ground. Went out in the evening to make a snowman during a  graupel and snow shower. It was the 2nd evaporative cooling snow event within a month (the other was 24th Feb) 

image.thumb.png.ac5b4042b0c2f2e42457533fcb8f1db0.pngimage.thumb.png.c785a43061bd1c779edec28688517820.png

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Weather-history I’m sure we must have had snow up here especially with it saying all roads over the Pennines being blocked but I can’t remember this event.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too wet.

Grey, wet, and more wet. Another man and his dog drenched this morning. Other than it being mild it just seems like we're back to this new typical winter weather. Fingers crossed we get something half decent for Easter.

• Like 4

Posted

Weather-history I was in Surrey at the time and whilst I don't remember this snowfall, I do remember the unexpected snow two weeks later on 5th April 1989 when I was caught out on Kingswood golf course whilst trying out a group walk, and the resulting and totally unexpected whiteout was a bit scary, despite my proximity to the village. Definitely the heaviest April snowfall I've seen and I must have smiled when we safely negotiated the golf course a few weeks later on the actual walk.

No such problems today, just steady rain which, hopefully, will clear away this afternoon.

• Like 5