Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Decent morning so far. Sunny spells.  Managed to dry the washing outside, assisted by a gusty southerly wind.

Radar to the West looks like the weather has other ideas for later. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

And the drought is over ,moderate rain here and cold with it 

• Like 9

Posted

Very thankful for those southerly winds, the rain takes an age to get this far inland and when it does its more broken up....completely different story for those out west but its just been windy & gloomy here so far today...a few spits in the air now though.  Milder feeling than of late. 

• Like 7

Posted

The mini drought is over, after 9 predominantly dry days the rain is back. A miserable Monday, chilly, max 10.5 degrees. 

• Like 7

Posted

Got to 14.7c earlier in sunshine ☀️ mostly grey day currently 12c… don’t think fading precipitation on radar is making it to the ground…

bad crash on m67 eastbound near roundabout… lots of emergency services and air ambulance was in attendance… 

off to Harvey Leonard’s this evening for tequila & tacos 🌮 event… should be tasty couple of hours 

• Like 6

Posted

Managed a little rain here this pm, enough to wet the ground.  Most of the day being dry and usable.  Max of 14.3°C and a notable breeze.

• Like 6

Posted

What's all this about a mild day?    Felt very bleak in the wind.   Mananged to dry a line of washing this morning then nuisance light showers this afternoon.  Winter clothes back on.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Hmmm everything still up in the air this week and into the weekend. Tomorrow looking fairly bright but still a bit of a breeze rattling through, a SE'y by the looks of it which can be quite gusty off the hills for us in the east of the region, so it might not feel all that incredible despite temps around 18c. I do feel like there's been a downgrade as we go further into the week. Yesterday most forecasts were showing 20c and sunny for Saturday now it's 15c and more in the way of cloud even the odd light shower. Still a long way off and could flip back to warm but how many times have we seen a promising change get snatched away/pushed back? But I suppose we should be thankful that temps won't be struggling to get out of single digits like recently and we won't have to put the heating on much if at all. I've been a bit sick of shivering.

Edited by Dark Horse
  • Like 6

Posted

Dark Horse i was planning to christen the new bbq this Sunday. Currently,  it looks like rain and drizzle might put paid to that.

• Like 7

Posted

Dark Horse   Got the heating on now for a quick warm up, just been out shopping, that wind is a bit on the chilly side.  Tis great to see you back posting on the forum.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

There is a very nice fragrant southerly wind this evening. It reminds me of last summer. I smelt a similar wind in Madrid a few weeks ago. It's very addictive but I can't quite put my finger on what exactly the smell is.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not impressed with the forecast I’ve just seen with a large area of rain parking itself east to west across central parts of the UK.

Still plenty of time for things to change though and it may look completely different by weekend but the end of the working week is not looking great in these parts.

before that it looks like west is best when it comes to sunshine with more cloud in the east and this will probably reach the Pennines at times.

I doubt I will be dusting the BBQ off this weekend.

• Like 6

Posted

Morning.  A double figure start today 10°C, overcast but bright enough, and the wind is still a bit blowy.

Some interest for some T and L in the early hours of Thursday am, might be worth a watch.

Screenshot_20240430_072857_Chrome.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Damp start , the gift that keeps giving ,1out of 10

• Like 5

Posted

Bright and breezy although high level cloud has progressly taken over.

Thursday looks interesting although,  if its its like winter, one can't get their hopes up too much. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too wet.

Yea, very blustery here. Bright enough here for now. Few more showers appearing in the forecast now over the coming days, but early signs of a half decent bank holiday weekend coming up.

• Like 6

Posted

Its turning into quite a nice day here away from the blustery wind, there's a bit of milky skies to the west but it's almost completely-clear skies to the east with temps still on the rise above 14'c.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Not much sun at all yet, 15.2°C but doesn't feel it in the wind.

• Like 6

Posted

16.8c out of the wind feels warm… but that wind is persistent and gusty… must be 30-40 mph at times… drying pot plants out quite quickly… couple of hours rummaging in the undergrowth weeding and cutting small hedges.. bbq scrubbed & cleaned 🧼 

recently springs/summers when we’ve had warmth/heat it’s been accompanied by a strong wind… seem to go hand in hand the last couple of years… 

• Like 5

Posted

WillinGlossop   Breached 16°C here too.  Lovely blue sky.  Yes, the wind is quite gusty at times blowing my rubbish bags about as I'm trying to tidy outside.  

My peony Bush has a few buds on.  

20240430_132415.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Rush2019 oh lovely 🌺 🪻🌻💐

Love this time of year with flowers/bulbs/shrubs all coming out… busy time of year for all things in the garden… very very green landscape around Glossop atm

• Like 7

Posted

Persistent cloud here, not seen the Sun since this morning. Still 16°C though but doesn't feel it.

• Like 6

Posted

Sunny breezy but warm 18.4c warmest day of year here… washing drying quickly in breeze… got the black trumpet bulbs out of hibernation from the garage… they usually do quite well in May & June…

IMG_9073.jpeg

IMG_8979.jpeg

IMG_7568.jpeg

IMG_7522.jpeg

IMG_7515.jpeg

IMG_7505.jpeg

IMG_9074.jpeg

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 6