Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands regional discussion - Winter 23/24

Posted

Metcheck gone from mostly snow to this for here, rubbish. I’m honestly done with winter if this doesn’t bring any snow. Metoffice are obviously confident in there warning areas that the midlands don’t need one 

IMG_5011.png

Edited by tom_f123

Posted

I remember Atlantic 252 GFS has significant snow here and none just to the north west. They all do. Removal of warning looks wrong to me.

UKV just updated. For some reason, TWO puts my location as the red dot but Stoke is north and slightly east of that.

IMG_3760.jpeg

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

just watching Carol K on Beeb. Just rain here for tomorrow.  no surprise! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

Well folk, I'm off to Holland for just short of a week for work, so all my very best for a snow event here for my fellow Midlanders! I've not been engaged in this much as obviously I won't be here. But I sincerely hope that you all get something!! The place I'm going to in the Netherlands has 'cold rain' and then mild muck as a forecast too, so we'll see...unless the much fabled 'second half of February winter' materialises (and it's always been jam tomorrow, hasn't it!) - then it does indeed look as though this winter has been very slim pickings for those who like it seasonal. 

Anyway - best of luck again, see you all in about a week - !

• Like 3

Posted

Sweatyman sums up the winter unfortunately buddy!!!one of the worst in recent times for us!!!!literally nothing of note from start to finish!!!you gota give the guys in the MOD thread some credit for even continuing to search lol!!i gave up mid january and that was out of experience of being on here and kinda knowing where wr are gona be heading regardless of an SSW or a good looking mjo or AAM!!even when background signals have looked good and they were all  animated in there the NWP output still showed/shows nothing really in the time periods we need it/needed it to!!!BUT THE SEARCH SHALL GO ON NEXT WINTER COS IT WE ALWAYS DO IT!🤣

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, heat, sunshine, hail. Basically Seasonal.

After tomorrow's event I'll be calling winter over. Kind of want some early warmth. 

Looking ahead into march with this SSW forecast, might be a while until we see spring. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Yep time to look forward to warmer temperatures and forget winter 23/24. Don’t need my bike the amount of times I’ve been down the garden path. Think I’ve finally learned my lesson 🤞

• Insightful 1

Posted

sheikhy ECM great for here. Meteologix.com is good for here if you want a more detailed view on where models are showing snow risk etc.

Capture.PNG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

CoventryWeather yeah same, I don’t want ssw late in winter to give us a cold spring, get the start of March out the way and then bring on the sun and get that bbq clean 🍻

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

MattStoke Looks absolutely pants for my location. A cool 1cm before it gets rapidly washed away 🤣 Still decent for Stoke though, so I don't blame you for getting excited about it 😁

Posted

sheikhy There's always March! We had a decent snowfall last March, can't remember the exact date, around the 8th or 9th, I think? It was just after my Birthday and I can remember waking up to around 8-10cm of it. It was washed away by the evening, but was nice to see. The only problem with March snowfall is the higher temps and strength of the sun, but it's the best we can hope for now. The rest of Feb looks very mild. Raging Southerlies for the next 2 weeks!

• Thanks 1

Posted

andy_leics22 Some models give quite a few cm where I live in Longton but little in Shelton where I work, and I'll be stuck at work all day. That would be frustrating.

Posted

MattStoke I wish we were in Yorkshire for this event, to be honest 😂 They're going to do very well from this. I'll have to make sure i'm up early tomorrow to catch whatever snow may be falling before it turns to rain. I've got 4 days off work now, so would have loved a good snow event to enjoy it even more, but not to be by the looks of things.

Posted

MattStoke Yeah, Buxton will do very well from this! I can guarantee Glossop, AKA Narnia, will also get about 15-20cm too 🤣

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Met office app gives me this for tomorrrow. E5B603CE-F8DD-4D6A-9404-BD0D044504C2.thumb.jpeg.bb28d0963710d0852ea1884a370aad84.jpeg

but not according to GFS 0z which looks just meh….

Posted

BarometerCat I do think we have a 2-3 hour window when snow will fall, but whether it settles or not will be another thing. Even if it does, it'll be gone by the afternoon.

• Like 1

Posted

still on track for a snowy thursday ! Right in th epurple zone. Get a train, or bus to Buxton and teh Peaks.

Captursnow thursday.PNG

• Like 1

Posted

Got my warning back! Don't know why it was ever removed. Also an Amber warning tantalisingly close to my east.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

• Like 1

Posted

Thats mega news, hahahah, im moved into orange area now.

i could not understand why it was removed in the first place !

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Lovely jubly, Nice to see an Amber Warning now.

• Like 1