Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

We are all going to be overjoyed when we have our first period of sustained warm clear blue skies, fingers crossed, looking to April with trepidation 🙏🏼 so far this has been a poor start to spring just like last year, can only hope we don’t have to wait until mid May for warmth like last year, surely not 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

TwisterGirl81 Hopefully a good 2+ week spell of clear skies and 20c highs in April.

• Like 2

Posted

B87 well we seem to have easily achieved weeks and months on end of dull and wet, if there were any justice in this world we’d be due several months of mostly sunny skies, I know we are an island at the edge of the Atlantic but this pattern surely can’t go on for much longer.

today was sunny though, we are already over our average rain For the month so another above average rainfall month is definite, by how much time will tell…sunshine amounts I’d hazard we’ll be at 50 hours after todays sunshine so unless we get several days of clear blue I think we’ll be lucky to reach average sunshine figures for March here  which is I think is between 112-118 hours sunshine hours for month, can’t remember off the top of my head. 

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted

What we need is an absolutely whacking great area of high pressure to set up and just park itself over the UK for weeks on end at this stage, then a brief interruption with a bit of rain, then the same pattern again. If it were to barely rain from the start of April to the end of October (say 20% of average or something like that), we still wouldn't have much if any rainfall deficit. It would just redress the balance really.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but wind & rain

Just remember nothing of note likely to crop up until April then we have 20 weeks until we're decending back into short days and this current dross. We really do forget how far north we are in the UK. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

Wade  I will say the first half of March 2024 has been a bit wetter than the first half of March 2023, but of course it was the second half of last March that was horrifically wet. It does look like drying out a little now so perhaps this March won't end up notably wet.

Sunshine wise however... absolutely dire 🤩

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

TwisterGirl81 What's keeping me going is that the 6 week spell of glorious sunny dry weather starting in mid May last year seemed to come out of nowhere! None of us were expecting such a good spell until we were actually in it. I still have a screenshot from May 11th of the following weekend being forecasted at 10c with heavy rain.... in actual fact it was 21c and clear blue skies and heralded some beautiful weather.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Overcast tomorrow but I'll likely be out cycling in it as it's one of those rare occasions where it's mild and not raining, and there's no biting wind to replace the rain.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Summer8906 Sun and cloud here from lunch then a big thick layer of cloud came over and then the sun didn't really show again much after that

TwisterGirl81 This is the new weather pattern for the past year. No sun is coming for more than a few days. I'm used to it

B87 Not happening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Sun Chaser This March is already notably wet. Heathrow is already at 146% rainfall for the month.

• Like 3

Posted

B87 It's been awful. I didn't realise how bad it was as I was comparing to 2023 which recorded 223% of rainfall here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.

B87 Clear skies yes. Could do without the 20C highs though as nature is already way ahead. 20C highs in April for a sustained period would knock out May flowering which would be a shame.

Four weeks of average daytime temps (with the occasional northerly plunge), cold nights, and sunshine would by my ideal for April.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.

Back to thoroughly dull and damp again. Looking forward to the possible anticyclonic conditions on Thursday and colder but probably brighter interlude next weekend, though hope the models are wrong about the end of the month.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

B87 False readings. It's skewed by the heat emitted from the jet engines at Heathrow...

...eh? oh, wrong conspiracy theory! 🤣

(jokes btw!!)

• Like 4

Posted

It’s on and off sunny here in Exeter which is nice, yesterday we got to over 17c though I was asleep after a night shift.

I have a good feeling for April, positive thoughts 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, mild/warm summers and varied shoulder seasons

This March so far is diet Marxh 2023. Not quite as wet and gloomy with more usable days but pretty meh still. 

• Like 1

Posted

TwisterGirl81 Here in London, it's been better than last year tbh. I see the difference in the trees and plants, which this year are in healthy bloom while last year they were struggling. It's a lot milder than it was in 2023...

Alderc 2.0 Good or bad, they can't be trusted to get it right so far in advance...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

hate spring sometimes 😡

Screenshot 2024-03-18 071305.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

cheeky_monkey Looks like lovely weather to me...I'm envious! 🙂 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

SollyOlly its garbage..nobody wants this kind of sheet after a lovely warm spring weekend.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Very early springlike feel today. Nearer to the mid teens, with a pleasantly fresh feel to the air. A little overcast but with some sunny breaks. Looks like more of the same until the end of the week when we see a cooler blip. A lot of people saying stuff like "spring on hold" but to be honest, we've had a fair few springlike days so far. Not as many as I'd like, but so far it's better offerings than March last year.

• Like 1