Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

SunnyG Yeah, as much as it looks pretty, this is way, way too late in the year for snow to me. It's nearly April. 

Plus as soon as it melts it'll just be more moisture for the ground, which is not what we need after one of the wettest 12 months periods on record lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Well we are at 100mm for rain for March and from the deluge we had this morning you can call it 120mm so we will end March of receiving double the amount of our average rainfall for Exeter, this has happened several times since autumn…if only we could get stick under perpetual high pressure so easily as we do low pressure and we wouldn’t moan so much…

Can someone please give us a ‘ray’ of light that this awful pattern will abate in April please? 

B50932EE-5E0D-4F57-ADA0-EE8645995EA4.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

At least we woke up to a sunny morning 3 days in a row. It does make a difference. I'd have rain showers interspersed with sunny spells rather than Monday's relentless grimness, though dry.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

SunnyG Yeah TBH, I don't mind those days where you get a passing shower & then lots of sunny spells. Far better than a day or week of constant unbroken cloud.

It hasn't been perfect, the past week, but it hasn't been terrible either. Hopefully we will get endless high pressure & sunshine soon at some point though!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

I think all hope is lost for anything resembling typical spring now. Nothing at all to suggest this nightmare will end.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

SunSean "Spring showers", as is the classic Spring weather pattern. Completely fine, and normal for Spring.

Very different to days (weeks) upon end of the same shade of grey in the sky from dawn to dusk, and piddly drizzle that lasts for hours without letting up. 

• Like 1

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons Spring showers also aren't meant to occur every single day in spring. 1-3 week dry spells should be common at this time of year.

Posted

B87  B87 Probably be well into April at least before anything that we'd consider proper Spring "warmth" (sunny and 17/18c+).

Even a mostly sunny day of 14/15c is hard to obtain at the moment. 

Most years, in SE/London at least, it's pretty common to get sunny days of 17-20c in April, sometimes multiple of those days, but I just can't really see that happening this year. 

It all feels very similar to last Spring - cool, wet, mostly dull with the odd semi-decent sunny day (but not warm). Which is weird, because I didn't think it possible to get two early Springs of this nature in a row, yet here we are. 

Wonder how far into the year we will get before London's first sunny 20c day? 

Posted

Mapantz You must be at around half of your average annual rainfall already!? That is mad. 

Do you use an app to view/gather that data btw? Looks good

• Like 1

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons On average, we should expect several days of 20c in a typical April, and the average warmest day of the month is 22c. 

I feel like this year it won't be until mid May, about 6 weeks behind.

One nice day won't do now, we need a sustained spell of it.

Edited by B87
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
13 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

just a feeling we're in for a cool, very wet low pressure summer, wouldn't surprise me if May to Aug period was one of wettest on record, and all 4 months below CET average

Remember that would mean 14 consecutive wet months, some very wet. Such a thing would be far in excess of anything we've had since the war, as far as I know.

Such a thing would cause catastrophic flooding and would probably wipe out British agriculture this year. It could also have a long-term effect on British tourism as those that can would default to going abroad - which, if you choose the right country, might be no more expensive than a British holiday in any case.

And if autumn and/or winter were also wet, we'd be in really, really big trouble.

What's your rationale incidentally? Surely the pattern has to change at some point, For the pattern to persist for 14 straight months would be extraordinary.

I still think there'll be a change. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting another 2018 or 2022, but maybe a summer like 2017, 2019 or 2020. So on the disappointing side but not catastrophically bad. And still reckon there will be a settled interlude (May, second half of April if we're lucky) before summer.

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

B87 No chance of even a short-lived plume in April?

But I don't care about 20C. Just want a spell of average spring weather. That, and that alone.

• Like 3

Posted

Summer8906 if we do get anything warm, it'll be one day of 19c like last year. 

Then weeks of rubbish before dpring finally arrives in mid May. 

I hope we get 14 dry and sunny months in a row to restore the balance.

Edited by B87
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

Last night we had our first lying snow in Plymouth since 2019 - incredible scenes and this late in the season!! The latest I can remember for sure. This morning there's a loud thunderstorm... an absolutely crazy 12 hours of weather that almost makes the rain worth it as an enthusiast.

It was a very rapid rain to snow event that was completely unforecasted and surprisingly was so heavy it even settled!

Can't wait for it to settle down and warm up but at least it's giving us some interesting conditions now!

IMG_9607.thumb.jpeg.a50fdc388468ea0425cbcbcf364717bd.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
1 hour ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

Can someone please give us a ‘ray’ of light that this awful pattern will abate in April please? 

There you go ,some Crepuscular Rays is about the only ray of light I can find right now!😢

download-2.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Sun Chaser yes ,I've learnt never to say never with what the weather will and can do ! I've had egg on my face lots of times with weather surprises ....😃

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

ANYWEATHER  Now we're having torrential wind and gales... 6mm in the last 20 minutes!

Just for context however - February and March this year combined has had more rainfall now than the entire first 8 months of 2022 here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Had a proper deluge here. Up to 22.4mm for the day.

• Like 2

Posted

Mapantz  Likely to become the third day out of the last four to record over 15mm of rainfall! Some huge deluges we've had this week

• Like 1

Posted

When is this country going to be able to maintain more than a single 24 hour period without rainfall?

Just utter madness. 

Day after day after f-ing day. So sick of it. Godforsaken wet, cloudy rock. 

Why did my Saxon ancestors have to move here? Should've stayed in Germany abc.

• Like 6