Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

BruenSryan let's hope this is a new trend setter with a sunnier summer not overly fussed about temperature as long as nighttime mins are warmer than average 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

baddie I can't think of anything worse than a cold, record dull rainfest after the last 11 months of the same.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Think every sane person is noticing the amount of rain and lack of sun now!

Screenshot_20240329_123317_Photos.jpg

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Metwatch sunshine hour totals? I don't think it's been too overcast? I could be wrong and maybe I'm searching for the silver lining.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

AderynCoch where's that? Looks like Mexico coast or Cuba. 

*Stormforce~beka* almost looks photoshopped right? 😆

• Thanks 1

Posted

Wednesday 3 Apr - Friday 12 Apr

The ongoing unsettled spell of weather seems likely to continue through the first few weeks of April. Initially, the heaviest and most frequent spells of rain and showers are likely to be across southern parts of the UK, with drier brighter and colder conditions dominating further north. However, by the end of next week all parts are likely to have some rain or showers. As this transition takes place in the north, some snow is possible for a time. Overall, temperatures near or above average, although rather cold with night frost at first in the north. Often windy, especially in the south and west. Towards mid-month, the very unsettled weather may begin to ease, with some drier interludes probably developing.

Perhaps the first half of April even worse than 2018??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I'm actually feeling okay about the weather today. Heavy showers yes, gusty winds yes, but also fast-moving cloud formations, blue sky, reasonably warm sunshine... this is what spring is supposed to be like. I haven't even got the lamp on at 3pm! If we'd had this for the last eight months I'd be much less worn down.

(In passing, hi to the person/people rather oddly taking chunks of NW posts and pasting them on a very different forum. Fortunately none of mine are ever interesting enough! 😆)

• Like 4

Posted

baddie  "...the first few weeks of April.." it says.

Hmm.....so that's the whole of April. Those comms peeps at UK Meto need a few lessons in writing English and whoever oversees these daily comms needs a few lessons, as well. Who writes this stuff 'down there'?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A pleasant day here with sunny spells and some cloud. Still quite windy but it reached 18°C, so got lots done in the garden

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Arctic Hare Spring is also supposed to have more sunshine than this, and long dry spells, which we haven't had at all this year.

Posted

As unsettled as the second half of March has been, its been reasonably sunny since the 15th (56 hours as of today, which is roughly average for a 2-week spell in March). Maybe if early-April sees a similar affair, maybe perhaps less rainfall, I wouldnt mind it

Edited by baddie

Posted

It would be nice to have late-March/April 2021s synoptics occur in late-May/June. A record 33c day just after the Bank Holiday, followed by weeks of chilly nights and average days, and endless wall-to-wall sunshine throughout June. It might lead to a July 2023 (or July version of May 2021) afterwards though

Edited by baddie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

After some morning showers it ended up being an ok day. Plenty of sunny spells this afternoon and dry after about 11am.

• Like 2

Posted

I am disgusted with whats being forecasted in the first week of April. Non-stop rain from the 3rd onwards, and no sunshine at all. I feel sick 🤮

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I know 3 on forum that will like it, footballer 7 spelled backwards, same name as a former world snooker champion, and something from fallout

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

This day back in 2021 we had one of my favourite days of recent times. 23 degrees and wall to wall sunshine! I remember being in the garden all day with a few gins & music 🌞

• Like 4

Posted

SunSean This day back in 2012 would have been my saddest of the year. Watching that fine, sunny weather fade into such an abomination for April and the first half of May

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Not an awful day day today, dry and sunny spells. Not exactly warm but could be a lot worse for Easter Saturday....

• Like 1

Posted

Reasonably pleasant day here today, and another one forecast tomorrow. Could do to be a few degrees warmer and a bit less cloud to be a really nice day, but the cloud is of the light fluffy variety rather than the dull grey variety, and there are plenty of breaks in it. It's been such a poor month that to feel like a nice-ish day is quite a low bar by comparison!

Tomorrow looks decent as well (shock horror - will we have 48 hours without rain?), but after that as others have said it looks pretty diabolical. Cold rain on Monday then milder rain for the next few days after that.