Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Frigid 25c in Warsaw and 30c in Belgrade? In...March!? 

That is genuinely crazy.

• Like 2

Posted

Methuselah I told you the north have better weather! I proved it! Although it's bloody cold in that wind!

In Absence of True Seasons I'm in Blackburn in the North West. Not the South. It's real! Sunny up here. I hear its cloudy back home though. Proves what we 've been saying all along that the north has had better weather. Mil tells me we always get sun down south. I wanna punch her in the mouth. Can I??

• Like 2

Posted

Catbrainz About a 4/10 for March. Only got 86 hours of sunshine this month, but the second half was average (67 hours). Perhaps the dull spell of the 10th-14th stank this month out, whereas the rest of it was OK although it rained on my birthday sadly (March 25th). It was a wet March, but didnt really feel that wet (Maybe due to the awful period in the first 2 days and the rain from the 10th-17th)

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy rain from 19:00, said the Meto's website this morning at 10:00. It's lovely outside atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Tuesday looks decent here which is surprising. Possible showers in the afternoon but not a particularly strong signal for it, lower mid teens and overcast. Could be good for cycling.

Edited by raz.org.rain
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
15 minutes ago, raz.org.rain said:

Tuesday looks decent here which is surprising. Possible showers in the afternoon but not a particularly strong signal for it, lower mid teens and overcast. Could be good for cycling.

We really are scraping a very empty barrel if that constitutes a decent, early April day.

Edited by AWD
  • Like 1

Posted

SunnyG Yup. We were planning a BBQ this evening and I advised everyone that it was going to rain based on the Metro forecast .

Dry as a bone .

Incredibly poor forecasting...yet again!

• Like 2

Posted

Wimbledon88 Which is why I don't trust them an inch over medium-long term forecasts. First week of April a washout, they say. Well, we shall see 😉

• Like 2

Posted

I’m glad I don’t plan anything around weather forecasts. This long weekend has turned out to be pretty decent in my neck of the woods apart from one heavy shower in the middle of the day on Friday. Lovely afternoon on Friday with clear blue skies. Warm sunshine on Saturday and although for most of Sunday it was overcast we then had a couple of hours of sunshine. It felt very pleasant. Hopefully tomorrow can be a nice surprise also. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Models have drastically flipped and are now showing a strong signal for high pressure over the country starting this weekend, the end of the near eternal wet spell is in sight! 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Posted
9 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Well at least us Londoners will be guaranteed a few blazing hot weeks during the summer. Only around the corner.,🤗

I must have missed that last summer 🤔

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

We actually beat March 2023 for rainfall here!! By an impressive 0.2mm.

146.0mm recorded last month. Great stuff 2024 😁

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, SunnyG said:

beginning of September was still summer, technically...

Well it’s not that’s not meteorological autumn, it was first summer since 2008 where either July or August failed to reach 30c in London. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

In terms of the washout week that's upcoming, well, it looks to already be shifting again and now showing next weekend to be mostly dry and only the middle of the week as the truly wet days. No doubt this will likely change again by tomorrow / Wednesday.

Finger in the air job, as per usual.  

Nice to see it upgrading from 7 days of solid rain though. I did think that a tad pessimistic a forecast, but then again given the dominant pattern since July last year, anything is possible by this point!

Screenshot_20240401-105812.thumb.png.2b8010c7c82467daa2f4942d6cc7e113.png

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn
50 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Nice to see it upgrading from 7 days of solid rain though. I did think that a tad pessimistic a forecast, but then again given the dominant pattern since July last year, anything is possible by this point!

A series of big depressions are on the way so any rainfall will be very stop-start and intense for most.

The second half of March (for us) was a significant improvement on the first half and while dull, saw only a few days of serious rainfall. Hopefully this next cyclone fest is a dead cat bounce and the second half of April will see the first warm spell of the year, much like April 2019.

Speaking of:

Hell.png.37b4bc5539bf6a11c68f228d44e3e3ae.png

This is not a good sign at all. 2019 has to be the worst-case scenario. No one will be happy with that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

Metwatch Posted between 0000 and 1200 today, so.... 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

In Absence of True Seasons Not so sure, was expecting quite a lot of rain today. Remarkably, it's been dry thus far though not sure it'll last.

With the high humidity though it resembles October 1st, not April 1st.

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Daniel* June averaged 25.3c and had 280 hours of sun. Then it completely collapsed until September.

Posted

Summer8906 in Hampshire maybe, but forecast only had 10% chance of rain in my area today from 11-4pm, and it's now properly hammering down out there. 

As I say, going more than 1 / 2 days max without any sort of rain is a near-impossibility in the UK in our current "2023-24" phase.

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons Fair enough. Was looking at the synoptic chart which showed a trough over much of the southern UK so was expecting a day of prolonged joined-up showers merging into more general rain.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1

Posted

Week ahead forecast improved somewhat. Decent day tommorow and Windy-but-not-wet on Saturday and Sunday, with some sunny intervals too. Wednesday-Friday not improved much. Nontheless, maybe we could have a good deal of our "beloved" April showers??? 

I can see signs of the wind changing to Easterly on the 8th, perhaps maybe bringing dry conditions (hoping sunny too)

Edited by baddie