Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

Daniel* No one really considers early September autumn as no one really considers early December autumn, but we are cavilling 🙂 Anyway, it's pouring now. We must have done something to deserve this weather. Can't think of anything 🤷‍♂️🤣

In Absence of True Seasons Did you get hail? Because I did. It looked like the end of days for a moment...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Very luckily managed to dodge the showers today. Pure luck as there were have been some lively ones across the south this afternoon.

Edited by danm
  • Like 2

Posted

I was expecting it to be a lot worse this week. Today has been mostly dry with just a few showers in the morning. The rest of the week looks to be the same in regards to showers. 

I’m not seeing any washout or longer spells of rain? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Ended up a lovely afternoon! 

Lucky because I'm dog-sitting my friend's dog and dog walking in the rain is no fun 😁

PXL_20240401_145335512.jpg

IMG-20240401-WA0026.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

We've managed 4 days of almost continuous sunshine and blue skies here, not bad going really!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!

Seriously fed up of this weather now.  That first week of cloudless skies and 20°C temperatures I will cry tears of joy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, cosy and stormy, cold and frosty, some snow

I can’t help feel we’ve switched from forecasts predicting a best case scenario to now predicting a worst case scenario i.e. the weather is coming out better than  it looked. Maybe this is some sort of a turning point in our fortunes?

Either way as far as March BH weekends go, it’s been pretty sunny and felt very spring like. 

This week will be a struggle if it’s as grey, wet and windy as it looks, but wouldn’t be surprised if we tap into some brief warmth by the weekend - if a little brisk! The thing is it’s not been cold so when we do get any dry/brightness it’s actually alright. 

• Like 1

Posted

Been quite an interesting day today. First half was the borefest that dominated much of the last 9 months bringing miserable rain, followed by a sunny afternoon and an interesting April thunderstorm by evening. I hope we see the second half of today dominate the week (As it should be "April showers", not "December drizzle" or "November nothingness")

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Earthshine what’s more shocking is when was the last time we had a week of cloudless skies? I can’t even remember.

I know we have had the odd nice day peppered in amongst it all but the weather has truly been awful for so many months, we just can’t catch a break, I just looked at the latest gfs and wish I hadn’t. Can’t wait to see yellows and oranges over us under a strong high, we really have been a low magnet for soooo long, it’s crazy…have you seen all the sun and warmth in Easter Europe? They’ve definitely benefited from our misfortunes.

Im not even dramatising but I could honestly cry how depressing the weather has been overall for so long, I’m a happy person but this weather is really testing my resilience 🥺

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 6

Posted

TwisterGirl81 I don't even have the support of my husband. He is telling me I'm over dramatising and it's not been that bad!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

*Stormforce~beka* Good man. I agree with him! Lolz. It's Spring. It's changeable. Sooo many people tell me to stop moaning about the absence of winter...this is at least normal for the season. And the temperatures are above average! No reason to complain...😉

Joking aside. It has been very wet. Climate change in action...warm and wet. 

Posted

*Stormforce~beka* I'm sorry Beka, it was mostly in jest. I'm as peed off with the weather as you, I suspect. Sometimes messages don't come across as intended. Hugs xx. 

Edited by SollyOlly
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

TwisterGirl81 Last week of cloudless skies was the cold snap in Jan (in my area at least). Before that...the heatwave in September...before that...the heatwave in June. 

So...3 properly sunny weeks in a year. What fantastic innings 😆

It is pretty depressing, jokes aside. 

I feel for you even moreso in the SW because it's been exceptionally wet.

• Like 3

Posted

SollyOlly Tbf, the weather over the past week or so hasn't been that bad, pretty standard Spring conditions - mix of sun, rain and cloud with temps 10c-15c. 

It's just that it's been so dull and so wet for so long that anything other than completely dry and sunny just isn't cutting it for me atm lol.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons Joking aside, I'm totally with you on that. I was just saying earlier to a fellow allotment holder how good it would feel to get a week of dry weather...it's just been SO wet! A remarkable run, really.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons that’s exactly the same sunny periods that I remember for here as well. I just looked at the latest gfs and well it’s a very safe bet to say that even if the last week of April is settled many of us will have another above average rainful month of April unless there’s a drastic switch in the models. But anyway it is currently sunny here albeit chilly so we have to take our small mercies when we can. It’s got to change at some point 

• Like 2

Posted

*Stormforce~beka* sending you hugs, weather really affects the mood and let’s be honest with mess the country is in right now, coming through a wet dull autumn and winter we’ve been hoping to catch a break in spring and so far the weather pattern just isn’t letting it’s grip go. I have a feeling we might start to see more sunny settled weather the latter part of April and we have the hope of what summer could be, fingers crossed it’s a complete flip on what we have had 🥺

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Just a note when using the BBC weather app. I think most of us knew this anyway, but worth remembering:

WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Broadcaster says its smartphone service deliberately chooses the gloomiest weather each day for its ‘headline symbol’

Meteorologists at the corporation have confirmed they pick the symbol that summarises the day’s weather based on the dreariest part of the forecast.

The BBC, which updates its forecasts every hour, said: “The day symbol reflects the weather conditions likely to have the greatest impact on people’s lives.”

It told The Sunday Times that while this may place emphasis on a “short, specific spell of weather”, it is designed to be “read in context with the broader picture and hour-by-hour detail, which changes according to the latest data”.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Some big temperature contrasts in Europe today. Winter returns to Scandinavia with snow & a maximum temperature of 0C in Stockholm, while in Athens it's a balmy 25C with sunshine.

The UK pretty much in the middle of both.

GKJYmZPWUAAGbme?format=jpg

Edited by cheese
  • Insightful 1