Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

On my way into London to pick up my job.  Left Bath & it was glorious, sunny & warm enough out the breeze.  Same at Chippenham, same at Swindon.  Didcot was even better, almost clear blue skies & a warm sun shining.

Get to Reading and it’s now cloudy & raining.  Looking east towards London and there are dark clouds and further rain visible.  Makes a change for the SW to be better than the SE.  Take me home please!!!  😁

• Thanks 1

Posted

raz.org.rain

Fingers crossed on that SSW theory then.

After the last 8/9 mths of wet, I won’t ever moan / whinge about a prolonged dry spell of weather in this country again. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

danm Even the Spanish resorts joining in too. Mid teens in the Balearics and high teens on the Costa del Sol. Not cold by any means but going the opposite way to the norm.

AWD  Same happened for me when I went to London for the day a few weeks ago. The sun went in around Didcot and I hardly saw it again until the train back home at sunset haha. Happens more than ya think. 😅

• Thanks 1

Posted

I wonder if it’s going to be like last spring where it was relatively dry and even bright but we had that god awful nagging wind all the way until the very last day of May down here.

Really hope not 

• Thanks 1

Posted

just checking, is this the end of last winter, or the beginning of next winter? 🤨 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

A lovely day - plenty of sunshine and the wind has finally buggered off. 

MP-R similar to March when Madrid was having lots of rain, sleet and even a bit of snow. It’s not been an amazing spring anywhere in Western Europe this year. Eastern Europe has been very warm though. 

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Barring a few days over the next week the GFS and GEM don’t look very warm and settled to me. Cool, damp and dreary in the mid term-

image.thumb.png.866fecc5cf097eaf2922c970d2067fba.png
image.thumb.png.17bce337388b9f26a9da6deaef6f128e.png

Edited by Cheshire Freeze
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

AWD  yes it’s sunny here this afternoon, it was a little cloudy this morning but there’s just constant wind so it’s not warm but I’ll take it. We have over 100 hours of sunshine to get for the rest of this month to achieve average, hopefully we can do it 

• Insightful 1

Posted

Cheshire Freeze yes going by my ‘weather app symbols’ which admittedly are quite useless, it just looks grey and cold for the foreseeable 

might as well bring back the weather we’ve just had because at least it was a bit warmer 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
54 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I wonder if it’s going to be like last spring where it was relatively dry and even bright but we had that god awful nagging wind all the way until the very last day of May down here.

Wouldn't be surprised at all.

Nothing warm and sunny on the horizon heading into May. So it'll be the classic case of "maybe we'll see a pattern change next month" which never arrives.

My genuine, deep seated fear, is that 2024 is basically going to be very similar 2023 *minus* the warm, sunny, and dry spell from late May until late June. 

Thus far, 2024 has already panned out as the same as 2023, but worse. Just a wetter and duller version.

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

In Absence of True Seasons And without the good spell in September?

I want 400 hours of sun and 0.0mm of rainfall in each of June and July to make up for this. That would be a start. August unlikely to ever see 400 hours, but 350 will do.

Edited by B87
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

*Stormforce~beka* I want every month to be +3c, >150% sunshine and <30% rainfall until December.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Somehow I managed to miss all the showers today here, so it's been a mostly pleasant day with decent sunny spells. I think it might actually stay fully dry for the next 7 days, apart from maybe Thursday night some patchy light rain but that could weaken before reaching here. Maybe the first dry soil patches of the year in the garden and elsewhere soon 👀🤞

accprecip_20240416_00_156.thumb.jpg.1f7c4a86de7660cef0e66f09833af702.jpg

Edited by Metwatch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn
9 minutes ago, B87 said:

I want 400 hours of sun and 0.0mm of rainfall in each of June and July to make up for this. That would be a start. August unlikely to ever see 400 hours, but 350 will do.

That's never going to happen. Not even Death Valley sees 0.0mm in June-July most years. Saying that, June 2018 got very close in the SE and East Anglia.

3 minutes ago, B87 said:

I want every month to be +3c, >150% sunshine and <30% rainfall until December.

This is also very unlikely. How will you get >150% sunshine with exceptional warmth from October? That's physically impossible as the clear sunny spell will lead to cold, frosty nights. Surely from October-December the play is cold, frosty and sunny? What could be more plausible is three or four months of the year being varying degrees of warm and dry, with one or two (probably August and September) being notably or extremely dry and warm to very hot, and the rest being around average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

In Absence of True Seasons If mid April until December is anomalously sunny and dry, I think 2024 can still be considered a great year. Like 3% chance of that happening but it still could, like if we got a 2018 situation until July then a 2016 rest of the year.

With a good summer this can still be considered a decent year, I value April - July over Jan - April tbh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

*Stormforce~beka* aye ano Becca , thats how bad its been one reasonable day and its high fives all round . Hopefully we all get some reasonable weather over the weekend.  I am off to Paris tomorrow for a few days and weather not looking much better there , bloody typical 🙄 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Got back to Czechia today and it’s been blowing a hoolie with sunshine giving way to heavy showers. Feeling decidedly and rather unpleasantly cold in the wind. Looks like an extended chilly spell here, hopefully some useful rain before it warms up again 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

cheese That’s it. Although when I lived there it was pretty unsettled in Jan, bits of Feb, Mar, bits of April and even quite a bit of May! One day in May only got to 10°C with thundery showers of hail!

Posted

Not a bad day here, with sunny spells and just the odd light shower. Temp topped 14c this afters; still a bit of a chill wind but very useable this afters in the garden for a few jobs.

Just a typical April day me thinks. Fingers crossed it warms up to a poss 16/17c this weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 hours ago, RJBingham said:

just checking, is this the end of last winter, or the beginning of next winter? 🤨

There hasn't been a winter since March 2023 and might not be one next year either......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1