Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

reef fair enough! 

we’ve still had about 5 weeks of nice weather in the last 80 which is very uncool. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

raz.org.rain Although 1954/1956/1958, almost the entirety of the 1960s, 1985-1988 and 2007-2012 all clustered together.

What's to say that 2023-2027 won't be another batch of absolute rubbish?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
25 minutes ago, B87 said:

March and April 2022 were sunny and dry. May 2022 was warm and dry but very dull.

Yep, I meant the season overall. It’s true May itself was dull. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

We should expect to see 4 months per year with more than 200 hours of sun on average. In the 2020s so far, we have seen a grand total of 8 such months.

April 2020, May 2020, April 2021, June 2022, July 2022, August 2022, May 2023, June 2023.

At the rate we are getting sunshine this year, we won't be seeing any 200 hour months this year. The last time that happened was 1987!

Edited by B87
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

It's genuinely cold now.  11c but feels like 8c according to my phone forecast. 

More benefit in wearing my winter coat now in the second half of April, than there was for most of winter.

Not ideal, as it's now the time to be looking for sun and warmth, but also not surprising for UK. The weather likes to troll us. 

It's basically an eternal test of mental resilience to live in this climate.

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons it’s that super annoying situation where I go out to my car wrapped up in winter jacket with bobble hat on because it’s freezing but where the strong sun has been shining on my car, it’s roasting hot inside. You get undressed again and drive to your destination before having to get dressed again once you get there because you forget it’s the Siberian tundra out there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

B87 June 2020 is an intriguing one. Almost all of the SE region, including the eastern half of London, saw 200 hours or more, except for a small patch over west London, where Heathrow is located, and slightly north from there. 

This is where sometimes it’s worth looking at the map rather than stats for an individual station. 

image.thumb.png.276410be13d0a05176ad965cb1a1dac6.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

definitely to me anyway feels a lot colder than it would with 12 degrees and windy in Dec to Feb, which would be a hairdryer warm wind and likely wet

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

This would be cold, cloudy and damp for 80-90% of the UK

image.thumb.png.bf65d11b007e323583805ae1f9273bd0.png

image.thumb.png.c722ddc407999aa36a9bfe87e96c7537.png

I’m no fan of heatwaves but a couple of warm and settled days wouldn’t go amiss.

Edited by Cheshire Freeze
  • Like 2

Posted

This Spring is far worse than 2023 in this neck of the woods. In Spring 2023 all of the three months were generally close to average for sunshine here, but this year has been abysmal. There have been NO clear days at all and it has rained most days. Spring 2023 had 39 days with >1.0mm of rainfall, but at the half way point, 2024 is already at 32 days. There have only been 8 days in fact when rain hasn't fallen since 1st March.

It has just been relentlessly mild, wet, dull and windy. Now we've got to the middle of April it has changed to cold, wet, dull and windy.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Felt like January today out of the sun and in the wind. In fact it feels colder now than it has done all Winter! The sun is strong now ,so get some shelter in a suntrap and it feels like heaven,  but once that sun goes down tonight , Jack Frost will be out and about😨

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

ANYWEATHER, like the modern January -- 12C with a fresh northerly wind? 😄

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Methuselah It's legitimately colder at the moment in London than it was for 95% of winter lol.

11c, feels like 8/9c, dry and crisp. It's not awful, it's better than it being rainy, but...where on earth were these conditions 2 / 3 / 4 months ago? I don't want anything that "feels like" single digits in the second half of April 😤 The time for that has gone.

14-18c and dry and sunny is the ticket now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons We're right next to that small low barrelling down the North Sea today. Right now its raining with a 30mph NNW wind and the temp is just 6.6C. It certainly feels colder than most of winter!

Edited by reef
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
7 minutes ago, reef said:

We're right next to that small low barrelling down the North Sea today. Right now its raining with a 30mph NNW wind and the temp is just 6.6C.

I can see those darker skies just to the east of Hull from the top of my office. It is grim.

Posted

Central Europe looks cool and showery over the next few days. Some parts of the UK look to be drier and slightly warmer than a big chunk of the continent. Silver linings and all that, it could be a lot worse than what we have forecast in the next few days. 

They are paying for their heatwave now, UK style 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, richie3846 said:

Central Europe looks cool and showery over the next few days. Some parts of the UK look to be drier and slightly warmer than a big chunk of the continent. Silver linings and all that, it could be a lot worse than what we have forecast in the next few days. 

Zurich today has been frigid. 5c to 6c with cold rain. Then some brief glimpses of the sun before more heavy showers came in. Flying home to London shortly. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

Looking forward to this winter so it can warm up a bit and I can  turn my heating off. 

Edited by sorepaw1
  • Like 4