Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

WYorksWeather There will be a pattern change in May. It'll be like 2021 or 1996.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Dry and sunny months are impossible this year. Even getting average seems impossible.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

I may be imagining things but I'm sure I saw "will allow the cold conditions to reach the UK" like stained glass window me is it not already here?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

B87 I disagree entirely. Until about the 20th it was running warmer than an average April and there were many days in the low to mid teens Celsius including some days in the upper teens. No denying the month was springlike to me even if it was dull and wet.

Edited by LetItSnow!

Posted

It’s all going wrong this morning, by later week now a huge euro trough, very unsettled and some really cold temps.

Would love to see someone make a positive about this pile of warmth….temps struggle to get past 10C for almost all from Sunday for over a week with some days struggling at 4-6C 🤮

IMG_7064.thumb.jpeg.63014873436017cdf85738a7f6748a5f.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Lovely frosty morning today. 🙂

• Like 1

Posted

Horribly cold this morning, had to scrape the car window. Not pleasant in mid April…

Edited by Alderc 2.0
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Lovely and fresh this morning, you can't beat scraping the glinting frost off your car on a beautiful day like this..🙂

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Not at all worried about the temperature, it's just nice to wake up to blue sky, and sunshine. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

UKV ,paints it grim for Sunday. Overcast ,patchy rain ,and temperatures of just 7c/45f . Sincerely hope it's wrong...😦

nmmukprate-6.webp

nmmuktempnew.webp

• Like 2

Posted

ANYWEATHER  Onyl a few days ago the weekend looked decent with high pressure slap bang over the uk and no easterly feed and temps in at least the mid teens. Once again though the promise of better conditions slips away, it really could be a very miserable week next week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

*Stormforce~beka* I'm using brainspotting therapy. I thoroughly recommend it, and it's not available on the NHS. I'm certain it'll be the standard therapy in the future, because it's the most powerful, and leads to full recoveries with no caveats. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

lmao how tf is it getting somehow even worse for later next week?!

I think i need to log off for a bit and come back in June.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

B87 Indeed… very few days were springlike in Feb at all. There were a few moments like the morning of the 15th and the following Tuesday was very pleasant but the rest of month was more like November!

Posted

Wondering if this is a brief hiccup in an overall warm period like the second half of September 2022 or whether there’s a fundamental pattern shift starting to take place. The parallels to 1998 and 2007 I’ve spoken about at length both featured these shifts. The shift occurred around this time in 1998 but started showing its signs in May in 2007. Both times it wasn’t a clean cut shift, May 1998 being very warm and dry and the first half of June 2007 being warm, though dull. Eventually though they broke the anomalously warm conditions into the summer. Wonder if this is a sign of that… Time will tell. 

MP-R To be fair, you can flip the word form spring like to autumn like however you wish. We can all agree one thing it wasn’t though: winter like!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
4 minutes ago, LetItSnow! said:

To be fair, you can flip the word form spring like to autumn like however you wish. We can all agree one thing it wasn’t though: winter like!

Two very different feeling seasons but yes indeed, not winter like at all!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I am still wearing my winter coat. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Azazel yes Flaming June 🤣

Posted

MP-R We disagreed about this before. Before I said “Well down here most days ranged between 11C and 15C and while it was very dull and very wet, blossom, bushes and even some trees began to bloom early in the month and there was that spell on the 15th which saw temperatures in the mid-teens. Plus the CET was in the mid 8s up until like the 20th.”.

If you have a  zonal set up in March or November I don’t really think it feels that different, it’s just the mind that makes March feel better because you know you’re on the way to brighter days eventually whereas November you know you’ve got a long way to go. This country’s climate has the novel quality for every season to be able to feel like any other season extreme cases - 6C days in June, 21C days in February etc. 

Posted

LetItSnow! history tells us these patterns hang around a while, with mid Atlantic blocking there’s nothing to promote height rises over Europe. Don’t be surprised to see a poor pattern until mid May if the euro trough set ins. 

• Thanks 1