Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

SunSean we’ve had some nice sunny weather, though a few of the sunniest days I was either working or sleeping after night shifts so the figures indicate more than I feel it’s been but it’s been dry! Surprised how quickly the soil has dried after just 2 weeks of little rain, it’s bone dry and cracked, must have been the wind as it definitely wasn’t heat related 

It’s kind of cloudy here now, hopefully it clears up again, hope it sods off and doesn’t stay over us all day, coming straight at us from the north,looks clear blue skies where you are Beka?

D3E76DD7-405D-4A45-B0B5-0646192EE216.png

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun or Snow

Beautiful day in here North Worcestershire. Blue skies all day but just a few hours ago when it was windy it felt freezing in the wind, winter coat type cold. Just a few hours later, the wind has disappeared completely and it feels summer hot in the garden, shorts are on. The 12º air temp reading is misleading;  the thermometers in the house are all reading 20º thanks to the sun heating through the windows. More days like this please! 

IMG_6322.jpg

Edited by JakeWorces
Image file type not supported
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Looks like it might be turning warmer towards the end of the week or next week, but potentially wetter too. I have to say, despite the dire setup, it hasn't been abnormally cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Alderc 2.0 Meyrick Pk?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Shoeburyness, out of the last 76 days (inc. today, which was mostly cloudy) from Feb 6th to April 21st and counting-

Only 8 days out of 76 have had at least 50% sunshine & above.....just 8. Dullest period of weather ever recorded at the station.

One of the worst places in the entire Southern half of the country to be currently if you're after sunshine! Never known it so bad in all my life & the stats back it up.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

JakeWorces Yep, much the same a few miles away in Bewdley. This weekend has been significantly better than the forecast, which is a strange and unnerving experience! 😉

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

danm  Agree. What’s more annoying is these synoptics in winter would’ve been very seasonal and possibly snowy for many. Instead, we half freeze to death in spring. At least the sun was out today, it’s certainly increasing in strength now

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Agree. What’s more annoying is these synoptics in winter would’ve been very seasonal and possibly snowy for many. Instead, we half freeze to death in spring. At least the sun was out today, it’s certainly increasing in strength now

Yep it was chilly but actually felt pretty warm in the sunshine today despite it only being about 12/13c.

• Like 2

Posted

Another fairly bright day with no jacket required, even though it was rather chilly in the shade.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Fairly predictable reactions to this current cooler spell in Europe, certain people are leaping all over it to make some sort of point.

Posted

3C, overcast and breezy, feels unpleasantly cold for late April out there this morning. Going to be proper grim later once we’re under the drizzle. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Apparently the dominant pattern of mainly unsettled, gloomy & deeply nauseating waste is trudging along all the way into May too! I'm pretty much close to chucking in the towell now to be honest, and I've been on 2 holidays already just to get away from this witchcraft. If May is a write off too then the year is irredeemable regardless of what happens June to September, unless all 4 months are well over 200 hours of sun. Some of you guys had a bit of respite lately with more sunshine but down in Shoeburyness, every day was mostly cloudy and not a single day hit 50% sunshine which is abhorrent. So glad I went away last week but I can't keep doing it as I'm not exactly rich so it's unsustainable to just keep booking holidays to experience sunshine when we should be getting tons of it right now. I honestly think this will be going down as the dullest and wettest year on record as I've never seen a pattern so persistent and unstoppable for so long. Demonic.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Stratus clouds and drizzle,  my most hated type of weather !😣😢😠

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

SunnyG I thought last week was cold in Zurich. That looks frigid.

The best thing I can say about the weather this morning is it's "useable". Light winds, dry, but cloudy now after some early brightness. Doesn't look like lasting unfortunately.

• Like 1