Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

danmMy friend who lives there said it was snowing on the 18th too and today they are having a repeat. Looks like Xmas doesn't it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, mild/warm summers and varied shoulder seasons

After a lovely Satuday with wall to wall sunshine and  cloudy but dry and usable Sunday Monday is vile so far with 4c and drizzle. Bugger off northern blocking don’t come back until November. Cold wet northerlies are 🤢

• Like 2

Posted

I have nothing useful to contribute. But after being cold all weekend, and then looking at the models this morning, I needed to moan into the virtual void. 

This high pressure has been further West, and had more cloud mixed in, so it doesn't have the benefit of a surplus of April sun, a la 2021. 

In fact I preferred the mild sunshine and showers of earlier in the month. If I dodged the showers and went outside in the narrow sunny windows, I could almost fool myself it was springlike!

The fact I still warmly recall one settled week in January this late in the year is a sign of just how bad it's been.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Definitely one of the coolest runs into May I can think of.

Weekend wasn't fantastic in my area. Some sun, some cloud, but my main gripe is that barely getting into double digits in the last week of April is incredibly poor for SE England. 

We should be readily getting mid to high teen temps now. 

In of itself, the second half of April hasn't been too dire. But it's dire when compounded with the fact that we're coming off the back of months upon months of dull, wet weather. 

Just don't really have anything more to add by this point! I'm moaned-out, and there's nothing to get excited about on the horizon re the models. 

I'll leave it with this. We've basically spent the last however god knows long saying "the pattern *has* to change soon, law of averages etc...it can't stay like this for much longer, can it?". And our climate's response has just been "Watch me, suckers".

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

baddie If I was a betting man I'd slap £50 on it being duller than May 2021. This pattern is set for life!

• Like 2

Posted

SunSean Time will tell. A May 2023 flip would make me want to sing and dance in front of thousands of people in town, even if I have to tolerate North Sea cloud and Cool breezes. May 2021 was a May equivalent of July 2023

Edited by baddie

Posted

9c and steady rain. Grim. 

Complete contrast to the weekend🙄

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

It’s at least stayed bone dry here so far today. Very dull though. 

Posted

One thing I noticed is that sunsets look much more stunning from Easterly winds for some reason, particularly at this time of year. The sunsets from August 2022s Easterly spell was fab too, as was yesterdays (NE wind)

Edited by baddie

Posted

6.5C at the moment here under that rain band. A good 6-7C below average for the time of year.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Enjoying so much these bright, sunny northerlies. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

This is the pits. Utterly dreadful weather.

over the weekend, there were those blessed periods when the wind dropped and you could really feel the warmth of the sun. 

Shame they only lasted about 5 seconds. 

Posted

It’s a proper stink out there. 8C early in late April is way below average and thoroughly unpleasant. 

Quite amazing how the cloud and drizzle is concentrated over the UK, look at all the clear skies either side of us. 

IMG_7072.thumb.jpeg.a8471bf4150d9b1a789ff5494bf4eb41.jpeg

Edited by Alderc 2.0
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Been very fortunate to stay just to the east of the rain band so far today. It’s been quite dull, with only brief glimpses of milky sunshine. Bone dry though.

IMG_2344.thumb.jpeg.2a2600d1c223131fc0eaa63357643fe7.jpeg

IMG_2345.thumb.png.0cfce85f7adeb739c1529e97112832a4.png

• Like 1

Posted

I'm out working today, and I was expecting a worse day than this. It's only just about raining, and 7c doesn't feel too chilly in the still air we seem to have. It could be a lot worse, and it does look like it's a one hit wonder, unlike some places in Europe which endured several days of single digits recently. 

Not amazing, but could be a lot worse. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Well ,7.2c here, overcast with light patchy rain. It has to be said that temperature of 7.2 c for a max temperature which is likely to be the high today here ,unless the sun pops out later ,is not a record low for a maximum  daytime temperature for late April , but not far off!,,,!😨😩 Had warmer days in the winter😂

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

richie3846 Saying 7c & overcast drizzle in late April could be worse is like saying falling down a flight of stairs and only breaking both your legs could have been worse 😂 I like your optimism but there's no sugar coating it, these conditions are dire for this time of year lol.

• Like 6

Posted

SunSean when you take out all of the comparisons and expectations, it's not actually that bad! It's a lot worse with expectations and comparisons! Just taking each day at face value gives a much more objective appraisal. It's not uncomfortable and it's a lot better feeling than a January day of the same temperature, presumably there is some UV coming through the cloud improving the feel. I'm out in it working so I don't really care what it's like on an average April day. It's what it is right now, and it's reasonable for work, not for sitting in the garden of course!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Currently 8C and drizzle/light rain in Gloucester - truly awful April day there is no dressing it up as anything else but...such a far cry from yesterdays suuny skies which were a joy to be out in.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
On 18/04/2024 at 08:29, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I am still wearing my winter coat. 

Looking at the the weather forecast, I will probably be wearing my winter coat for the foreseeable. It's taking a while to warm up this year it seems.

• Thanks 1