Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cat 5 Hurricane Katrina

Posted
hi. i know this has prob been asked but what time is it likley to hit?

Think I heard 7am local time is expected landfall time on the station I am watching, I might be wrong.

Posted
Just a peice of something a heard on the news, but some people are calling Katrina a cat- 5.5 hurricane. I have to agree, this seems like something out of a disaster movie. It's going to be a miricle if no-one is killed in this current incarnation of Hurricane Katrina. Just think that this started off as a humble tropical storm. People thought it would strenthen to a cat four or weak five, but i don't think anyone foresaw this monster. This looks like it could easily rival Camille and maybe even the Labour Day Hurricane.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

a 5.5 hurricane? they've made that up

Posted

I think the magnitude of this hurricane has a bigger impact because its set to affect an extremely high populated city which has basically no defences for a Cat 5 hurricane

Posted

Hi Paranoid,indeed its truely amazing isn't it,I did have a secret idea that this could become really strong,heres a quote from early this morning:

whatever happens,this is what is known as the doomsday event for NO.

Camille anyone???????

:)

Posted

I can't believe i was thinking we've had no powerful hurricanes this year. How much was i wrong :)

Shouldn't the title of this thread be changed from Tropical storm Katrina to Supercane Katrina

Edited by Paranoid

Posted

More traffic cams: http://www.nola.com/traffic/cams/

http://www.nola.com/bourbocam/ webcams...fairly hi-res for webcams. They offer live cams too...although some appear to be out of order. With the bridge cam, we'll be able to see the water level rise.

http://neworleanswebsites.com/cat/en/lc/lc.html a nice compilation of cams..basically everything you could want here

...The earlier advisories mentioned Cat 5 or better....obviously with todays technology, CAT 5 is the significant reading, just wonder after this will the category rating eventually be upgraded (given time)?

Posted

One thing bothering me, the USA officials tell everyone to get out, yet they don't close off the opposite side of the road to DOUBLE up outgoing vehicle volumes!?

Everyone is told to evacuate London, Via the M1, do you have just 3 lanes open or allow all traffic on both Left and Right carriageways, stopping people traveling south on it?

Just seems a waste.

Posted

Certain freeways have both sides open to outgoing traffic, only pre-designated routes become outgoing only.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

huvs4kj.jpg

Theres my prediction on it's path, I have never done anything like that before, so don't yell if I am miles out!

The areas I have ringed, do you think they could become possible Tropical Depressions? The bottom right one more so.

Kain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

INVEST??

Kain

Posted

Does that mean it's pressure is lower than Camille's? I doubt that we'll be seeing the lows seen in Gilbert, or the SuperTyphoon in the pacific, i can't remember any names.