Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hurricane Rita Pt3

Posted
Yeah it's ok KW, your one of the most knowlegable people on here, I respect your information and read it with interest.

It's some of the stuck up members that get on my nerves.

I await more people telling me to grow up ^_^

Kain

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Grow UP :unsure: :mellow:

Posted

there are many conflicting reports of when the storm will hit land.... I have heard it is either 7.00am or 12pm our time. I am guessing it could be changing all the time - but whats the estimated time of arrival for Rita tomorrow (UK time)?

Posted
there are many conflicting reports of when the storm will hit land....  I have heard it is either 7.00am or 12pm our time.  I am guessing it could be changing all the time - but whats the estimated time of arrival for Rita tomorrow (UK time)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny you should ask that now, ive just been looking at the loops S R and I reckon it may be sooner than first thought - probably around 4 - 6am our time.

Posted

Seems to have speeded up a bit - I was predicting a midday landfall earlier - oops!

What a storm though eh folks? She's still strong, even after a week. If she weakens a little and doesn't kill too many people - great! We still had the spectacle of a full on CAT 5 feeding off the gulf, and it was damn exciting!

Smich

Posted
Funny you should ask that now, ive just been looking at the loops S R and I reckon it may be sooner than first thought - probably around 4 - 6am our time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WOW that soon? she's got a wriggle on then hasn't she? I thought it was going to be much later. Will have to set alarm.

Posted
WOW that soon? she's got a wriggle on then hasn't she? I thought it was going to be much later. Will have to set alarm.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup I was expecting 10 am earlier this morning when I checked before going to work, but from studying latest satellite it looks like shes changed course slightly and therefore now has less sea to cross before reaching land hence earlier time for landfall :unsure:

Posted
24 hours ago I had the landfall here...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, IMO it's going to make landfall between Galveston and Port Arthur, probably nearer to Port Arthur. You don't seem to be far out. I said TX/LA border about 2 days ago but that was pure guesswork.

Edited by Weatherwatcher

Posted

news channels have it missing Galveston. They are due to get only cat 1 winds n it will be cat 3 when it hits land so they are lucky. Good job too as the news rooms could have lost some reporters there do you think they like the ones they sent there in the first place? ;) ^_^ :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms
While we all take a quick break and check things out ,anyone got an inkling as to what Phillipe is up to? This morning he was to dissipate, now he's looped himself heading WNW. East side US on alert next?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh this is really weird. Phillipe seemed to be on course towards Ireland for Tuesday and it now seems to have turned round. I saw a comment somewhere on the NOAA site that it's doing its thing near Bermuda - or have I got this completely wrong. If Phillipe isn't coming our way what's the big depression off NW Scotland/Eire at the beginning of next week on the METO fax?

Posted
Yeh this is really weird.  Phillipe seemed to be on course towards Ireland for Tuesday and it now seems to have turned round.  I saw a comment somewhere on the NOAA site that it's doing its thing near Bermuda - or have I got this completely wrong.  If Phillipe isn't coming our way what's the big depression off NW Scotland/Eire at the beginning of next week on the METO fax?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its a depression that deepens over iceland where it originated, that may prove interesting on Monday :p