Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports, February 23rd 2006

Shiny_Bottom_1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun
The pattern of the winter continues in NW Stratosshire: snow overnight but no more than a dusting really: certainly not enough to stick a ruler into on firm surfaces - 5mm perhaps.

Raining since 9.

Absolutely, but things might be a bit different by this time next week perhaps in our neck of the woods ??????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

been snowing in broadstone area since 11am not settling though

Been snowing since i got up around 10 this morning.. only jus eased off into sleet but more snowflakes are mixing in.

Majority is wet snow but has been settling briefly on the grass and very slushy on the roads / paths.

We need a temp drop :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

If there's anyone in Herts or Beds that want to see all the snow thats falling heavy now but not settling in your area +1 to +3 c - get your sledge up to Dunstable downs -1 c

Keep an eye on the kids though - the vis is pretty bad, you may loose em :lol:

Took the 1st pic 3/4 hour ago - 2nd pic garden earlier this morning

ps i thought all the snow was due thurs night / friday. Has it come early? - BBC saying no snow :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Was snowing earlier in Walsall but turned to rain about 10 minutes ago! Now it has stopped altogether! Temp drop temp drop!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I woke up too late to see it! but my grandad said when he woke up at 8am there was snow on the roofs and cars :) and i believe it because TEITS said he had light snow cover at 7am - 9am in peterborough, only around 40 miles east of me, but when i woke up everywhere was soaked because it is now raining, not even sleety :(:(:(

If there's anyone in Herts or Beds that want to see all the snow thats falling heavy now but not settling in your area +1 to +3 c - get your sledge up to Dunstable downs -1 c

Keep an eye on the kids though - the vis is pretty bad, you may loose em :lol:

Took the 1st pic 3/4 hour ago - 2nd pic garden earlier this morning

ps i thought all the snow was due thurs night / friday. Has it come early? - BBC saying no snow :doh:

Unbelievable pics :(:(:D Thanks for them shoadowcat :) you must be ecstatic with that snow i would be!

By the way, the PPN was forecast to come across today likeit is doing BUT like i suggested yesterday and today, only at levels over 300m can i see it falling as snow through the daytime, around 11pm afterwards then i could see it happening at lower levels, but you are one of a lucky few that live high up and are seeing the snow :D

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Well it raining nice and proper now. If (and thats a big if) it turned back to snow, there is no chance it would settle, far to wet

Posted

Been snowing ince 10:45am, nothing settled, started off moderate, died down in the past hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
I woke up too late to see it! but my grandad said when he woke up at 8am there was snow on the roofs and cars :) and i believe it because TEITS said he had light snow cover at 7am - 9am in peterborough, only around 40 miles east of me, but when i woke up everywhere was soaked because it is now raining, not even sleety :(:(:(

Unbelievable pics :(:(:D Thanks for them shoadowcat :) you must be ecstatic with that snow i would be!

By the way, the PPN was forecast to come across today likeit is doing BUT like i suggested yesterday and today, only at levels over 300m can i see it falling as snow through the daytime, around 11pm afterwards then i could see it happening at lower levels, but you are one of a lucky few that live high up and are seeing the snow :D

Glad you like the pix - yes we're pretty lucky here - been waiting for so long what with all the let downs in the models all winter :doh: But atleast i got a few photos for the next Chistmas cards :lol:

Would love to believe the FI models though for next week - bit sceptical to be honest

Edited by shadowcat

Posted

Hi All

Still raining steadily here at London Bridge with just a hint of sleet mixed in... :doh:

Cheers

FC

Posted

On a quick drive round snow lying on Bluebell and Detling Hills in the Kentish North Downs I would estimate above about 100m approx on checking the OS maps. On lower ground wet snow most of morning now mixture of rain and sleet at lowest levels and wet snow (not lying) above 60m approx. Its that marginal.

Current temp at my lowly location (35m asl) 2.4C

Posted

Well im in the same boat as everyone else it seems. Plenty of snow but it has failed to stick. Started snowing about 7.00am this morning continued till about 1.00pm and then turned sleety now its raining lightly. Just a shame that it was'nt a couple of degrees colder id expect there'd be a good few inches for many if the snow would of stuck. Im not complaining though falling snow is better than nothing. Strangely ive not had a good few inches of snow since 2000/2001 when i managed 5/6 inches in late december. The cold spells the last couple of years have been either cold enough for snow to stick but theres been little snow so no more than a dusting or theres been hours worth of snow but its not quite cold enough to let it stick.

Posted

Around 5 hours of mainly light snow with some moderate bursts earlier today. During the afternoon it has reverted back to rain.

Some snow settled along A2 along the higher parts plus a car that whizzed past had a nice covering on roof.

Edited by Kent Snow

Posted

Temp has fallen from 0.7 to 0.2 in the last hour, so don't seem to be suffering from the expected slightly warmer air yet, hoping that we migt miss it altogether with the cold air expected later still catching up.

about an inch (2.4cm) now, and a pic

post-2787-1140710348.jpg