Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 7

Posted

Woke up at 5.30am and not a flake to see (wondered what on earth I was going to tell the kids!) started snowing at 5.45am fairly light and small flakes throughout. Have accumulated 6cm so far and it looks wonderful. Looking at the radar doesnt seem much more to come so will enjoy what we have.

I feel like I'm 10 years old again :o :o :clap:

Posted

well i can say that i am really gutted :o nothing but rain here last night , not that i was expecting anything else

i really do hate this country for its winter weather it always ends up as a dissapointment well for it does for me anyway

congrats to all of you who did get some snow you lucky people you

Posted

Wow the snow here has just got heavier again. Here are lots of photos ive taken. Most are blurry because i couldnt use flash, because falling snow was all i could see when i used flash:

Ok im not being allowed to upload my photos. Why not? theyre jpeg and less than 2mb

well i can say that i am really gutted :o nothing but rain here last night , not that i was expecting anything else

i really do hate this country for its winter weather it always ends up as a dissapointment well for it does for me anyway

congrats to all of you who did get some snow you lucky people you

ABSOLUTELY BONE DRY here in Greater manchester,dont think its goona reach here,gutted.

Posted

We need to learn. This was well predicted, so there shouldn't be any travel chaos. But we'll see what some wet snow in London causes, and the knock on effects for all of us, not least people commuting, but being bored sh*tless for the rest of the day by the typical hype that comes from a centralised media network.

I agree to some extent with what you say but the numbers of people affected in the south east/London area are partly the reason it receives so much attention.

I travel 11 miles every day to work and have to drive as I need access to my car to travel around. Every day it is nose to tail traffic and that is regardless of the time I travel. If I went by train or bus there would be the same problem - overcrowding. So any weather incident that occurs affects travel and therefore disrupts MILLIONS trying to get around London. London and the south east are overcrowded and something needs to be done but that is a discussion for another day - LOL!

Snow here 2+ inches. Had almost stopped but now gettting heavy again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff

snow seems to be easing of at the moment ,have about 4cm, temp -1.6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Ah ha Ive just seen one flake of snow flying past the window.

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

I've made it to work !!

I must say that they've done a great job of gritting/salting the main roads here - they were still gritting the A5 as I was travelling down it. If they keep that up all day I shouldn't have any problems getting home.

Posted
Wow the snow here has just got heavier again. Here are lots of photos ive taken. Most are blurry because i couldnt use flash, because falling snow was all i could see when i used flash:

Ok im not being allowed to upload my photos. Why not? theyre jpeg and less than 2mb

Its so I don't die from jealousy! Netweather are just lookng out for me :yahoo: LOL Actually lookng forward to seeing them.

Posted

While i wait for someone to advise me on how to upload my photos, i can tell you that here in Oxford the snow has become significantly heavier over the last 15 minutes, and it is clearly shown on the radar. Furthermore, there is a band of very heavy snow which is set on a dead straight course for me. Woopdeedo

Posted

Snow is stalling now, certainly on the back edge, a huge echo over S Wales is now moving due east along the M4 and should reach London in a couple of hours. Heavy snow now falling again in the Heathrow area, a good3-4 inches on the ground at present.

Posted

Same here nick, slight thaw, lost about quater of an inch over the last 60 mins though now thats its snowing again it may wel drag the temps down alittle again as the tmeps only rose when the snow stopped and now its starte dits dipping again a little. i suspect ice is going to be a problem this morning, lots of it under the snow.

By the way Steve is right aobut the cells heading ESE in S.Wales that is suggestive of the LP developing and this means that the front really may not get much further north then where it is right now because the developing system is quite possibly heading E/ESE based on S.Wales being on the N.side of the low. This also suggests that the front won't get much further north then it is now and will probably sit wher eit is over the next 6hrs or so dumping its load while weakening slowly.

WW- 7-8 inches you say, is it still snowing, if it is then my punt of 9-12 inches won't be that far off then in terms of local snowfall, impressive!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights
Heavy snow now. My snow dusting is now 1cm!

Hurrah! Someone on the East Coast N of Norfolk has snow.

Can we live vicariously through your success, please?

Looking pretty grim for us, TBH.

Posted

use photobucket.com

Thats wot i use

Posted

Rob McElwee goes down massively in my opinion.

Overnight he indulged himself in writing off this snow spell north of the home counties, based on little evidence.

It was going to fizzle out even in the rush hour here on his 5am forecast. Clearly the man has a very high opinion of himself. Whilst not a mild ramper, over the past few years he has clearly been losing the plot.

At least the "weather presenters" on the BBC give what they are forcefed. This often leads to a situation, when the potential "eye candy" mentality kicks in, and we get old and out of date forecasts.

But McElwee, you utter pr*ck.

For the record, got 3 inches here, or about 8cm and still the thermometer reads a constant -1.2C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Got 3cm of snow here so far and still snow falling expected to last until 2pm.

Windy too!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Light snow falling in Derby - not sure when it started as i was asleep but theres about 1cm on the ground and it is very gradually starting to fall heavier.

Local weather say its going to last all morning and then ease in the afternoon so several hours likely. A nice lift after BBC weather nearly had me committing suicide last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

About 4.5cms here at present with heavier snow just starting to make more of an impact. Very pleased. Look like a complete non-event last night.

Posted

Snow started falling here around 4:50 and has more or less stoppeed now. I didn't think it was that much snow but a lot of schools are closed (inculding mine).