Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 7

Posted

precip really lightening now as that heavy pluse finally heads to the north of my location and aless intense slot comes in, shouldn't think that there'll be that much in the way of snow though from now on, may be able to get a little more but I'm more then happy with the 3.5 inches I've got here!

Most of that cae within the first 90 mins of it, got about another 3/4 of a inch over the next 75 mins or so and now easing down a little.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
Has anyone noticed how the 00z gfs is way behind schedule, unless of course the front stalls over the areas its over right now for a few hours. Because the 6z-12z ppn totals are high and lie straight across where the ppn is right now. Perhaps it will stall and even rotate a bit more bringing the heavy stuff fractionally to my north back into play for me.

Looks like it is going to stall all day in a line from north wales all the way down to the south east, gradually petering out during the afternoon. Thats what has just been said by louise lear on BBC breakfast weather :unknw:

Posted

Im just wondering what people think on this, is the radar over doing the amount of precip or do ppl think its just being shown to far north + east than it currently is?

Posted
At 6 in the morning lol. :unknw: bet your neighbours are loving that. ha :)

They all get up early to travel to London anyway. They were laughing at my 1 year old who was giggling like mad at the "flowers" falling from the sky. Not snowing quite so heavy now and flakes have got smaller.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Well im back guys after my little sleep! And finally it is snizzling the smallest of snizzles and there is a very slight dusting!

The band looks to have stalled more or less now, it's still not showing the right stuff because I should have had snow 2 hours ago, but even so, I shall take this :unknw:

Posted
Well im back guys after my little sleep! And finally it is snizzling the smallest of snizzles and there is a very slight dusting!

The band looks to have stalled more or less now, it's still not showing the right stuff because I should have had snow 2 hours ago, but even so, I shall take this :)

Patchy snizzle here too.

Welcome to my world!

:unknw:

Posted

rob mcelwees new forecast is showing a band of snow which resembles the radar image now, except 50 miles further south west, and at 800 this morning. Can this be true. Surely not. The front is not going to go backwards.

Posted

Woah, big juicy flakes once again falling here in Reading after temporarily easing off, adding to the 2" or so already lying.

Posted
Just woken up and by the look of the radar perfect timing as the snow is literally knocking on my door. Great to see the snow did finally move NE despite our fears, can anyone give me a quick summary of snow depths across the UK?.

Ah that's easy - a big fat zero here!! Although having said that, the very first light flurry is with us now, can't see us getting much else though. Really glad it's reaching you though :unknw:

Posted
Woah, big juicy flakes once again falling here in Reading after temporarily easing off, adding to the 2" or so already lying.

yep got that line hitting me as well

Posted

I'm quite surprised that it's still going here but it continues to snow moderately...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Patchy snizzle here too.

Welcome to my world!

:unknw:

Arrghhh, very small dot above you on the radar! But at least your showers are doing what they say :) If ours were doing that down here I would have had snizzle at 4am! Its only just started about 15-20 mins ago by the looks of it.

That Leicester Square webcam has come on a treat! Seems the ungritted parts have a few cm's. Still snowing too!

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Well, it has started snowing here and luckily it's very light at the moment - I am going to proceed with my 15 mile drive to work (westwards) and hopefully it will hold out a little longer to allow me to get to work. :unknw:

Posted

Piccy of the back garden taken about 6.15am about 45 minutes in.

Hmmm... can't seem to upload anything at the minute. Keep getting

Upload failed. Please ask the administrator to check the settings and permissions

Posted
Piccy of the back garden taken about 6.15am about 45 minutes in.

Hmmm... can't seem to upload anything at the minute. Keep getting

Upload failed. Please ask the administrator to check the settings and permissions

Still nothing :unknw:

Posted
rob mcelwees new forecast is showing a band of snow which resembles the radar image now, except 50 miles further south west, and at 800 this morning. Can this be true. Surely not. The front is not going to go backwards.

Basically his is right all the ones on the internet have the front to far north east, based on the net radars we would have been having snow for over 2 hours

Posted

Exactly 5 cm here :unknw: Apparently none of it's settled in Bristol though! Makes me laugh, as on the local news they were reallly ramping it up last night!

Posted

Very heavy snow at Rochester (1 hour ago) with 2 inches on the floor, and still falling heavily. Not particularly impressive here in Erith; there's lying snow (1 inch), but nothing like it is at home, and looks sleety at sea-level.

Posted

back from my little drive, 7.5 cms here. not many people on the roads. quite funny watching a double decker bus slip and slide down corkscrew hill (you can guess from the name what that's like!)

light snow here, though hefty chunks. temp has been at -0.7oC exactly for an hour and a half. very steady!

Posted
Exactly 5 cm here :unknw: Apparently none of it's settled in Bristol though! Makes me laugh, as on the local news they were reallly ramping it up last night!

does anybody have any idea what is happening with the low that is suppose to devolop on the front boundry. Cant really see that it has happened so far.

Edited by snowmadchrisuk