Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Part 7

Posted

the 600 metoffice is out. Interesting stuff. Gives me a bit more ppn lingering around for a few hours maybe. A few slightly more concentrated patches

Posted
still nothing here. not a happy bunny

Christ I would have expected you to be following on shortly from me.

Can't be long.

Did a boot test on the patio about 15 minutes ago, completely filled in with a 1cm of snow.

About 3cm here now, not bad in 55 minutes.

Posted

My Sat. TV connection has gone now totally, no signal recieved, probabnly thanks to the 3.5 inches presently on the ground here!

Stillcould probably get another inch or so from the set-up given the radar presently but after that the main zone of intrest shifts towards S.Midlands where the front will have a mighty hard time getting any further north. Also worth noting the front looks like its decaying just a touch recently though still plenty strong for a good covering.

Edited by kold weather

Posted

By the by, did anyone notice the precipitation in northern France at about 5am? Plenty of white and red echoes - places like Boulougne must have got an absolute pasting!

Posted
By the by, did anyone notice the precipitation in northern France at about 5am? Plenty of white and red echoes - places like Boulougne must have got an absolute pasting!

Yep I commented on that yonks ago. Must be fun in NE France.

Whilst it means nothing to anyone on here, when I can't see the lights on the A6, near the water tower about 1/4 mile away due to the visibility being obscured by snow, that means it is heavy snow.

So by Mackerel Sky's definition, it is snowing heavily here now.

Posted

Yes Steve, I suspect it'll be just to my north when that happens but i should still be in the light-mod bracket in terms of snowfall and if it does stall there then that leaves me in an okay position, then again I won't be greeduy, I've already had more then was expected here, well I had that in the first 90 mins actually!

Does look like the front is weakening the more and more radar updates I see on the netweather radar, still plenty left in the tank but not seeing the heavy falls that I saw about an hour ago now mainly light-mod.

Edited by kold weather

Posted

Just woken up and by the look of the radar perfect timing as the snow is literally knocking on my door. Great to see the snow did finally move NE despite our fears, can anyone give me a quick summary of snow depths across the UK?.

Posted

Has anyone noticed how the 00z gfs is way behind schedule, unless of course the front stalls over the areas its over right now for a few hours. Because the 6z-12z ppn totals are high and lie straight across where the ppn is right now. Perhaps it will stall and even rotate a bit more bringing the heavy stuff fractionally to my north back into play for me.

Posted
Heavy snow here. Just sent my 2 daughters aged 1 and 11 out to play in it. Must have 5 cm so far as cars are covered.

At 6 in the morning lol. :unknw: bet your neighbours are loving that. ha :doh:

Posted
The front over Essex is rapidly running out of puff in terms of northern Migration...........

630 radar could see the echoes stall out over essex......

S

Sounds interesting, lets hope so!!

Still chucking it down here at the moment! :unknw::doh:

Regards.

Posted
Just woken up and by the look of the radar perfect timing as the snow is literally knocking on my door. Great to see the snow did finally move NE despite our fears, can anyone give me a quick summary of snow depths across the UK?.

Eye we will get bugger all, its been knocking at our door for hours lol

Posted

looking very white here now, things look to be set for a decent few hours of snow, its a shame the radar isnt giving us an accurate idea of whats happening though

It appears that either the radar has added extra precip than whats actually there or the whole band is 50miles further sw than shown

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted

fizziling out here. just light stuff falling.

maybe thats it for me :unknw: aint complaining when most ppl were saying sleet/rain for my area yesterday and day before.

Posted

Wow, Just woken up to a ''proper'' covering!!

Good to see at last!! My temperature and dew is still well below freezing which is good. Radar still looks lively with activity still coming up from cornwall,devon up through south wales and into the midlands. I excpect i have had the worst of the snow now but excpect a few more spells of the white stuff!

Hope everyone got what they wanted!!

surfs up

Posted

Well this is a surprise the snow here has just pepped up a whole lot - its once again pretty heavy stuff coming down

doesnt look like it will last too long though going by the radar. I cant really see what it is on the radar, but its good stuff and still going

Edited by wellington boot

Posted

Morning TEITS

Same as me - woke up, made coffee and then snow arrived on cue!! In Colchester but cant figure how to change my location on my log in. Settling quickly here and really starting to come down.

SM talking about the front stalling over Essex - I can but dream......

Posted

Rushden, 25 miles SW of Peterborough 3.5cm. Only started here at 5.30am Dave...

I had to wait a good hour and a half for it to get here from Milton Keynes, which is about 30 miles SW of here. So it must really be knocking on your doorstep.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Milton Keynes. 5 - 6 CM and climbing. I'm right in the middle of the city too. Would suspect further out towards bedfordshire having greater ammounts, :unknw:

Posted
Morning TEITS

Same as me - woke up, made coffee and then snow arrived on cue!! In Colchester but cant figure how to change my location on my log in. Settling quickly here and really starting to come down.

SM talking about the front stalling over Essex - I can but dream......

At the top of the page it says 'my controls'. Click that and then half way down on the left hand side, under personal profile, it gives you the option to 'edit profile information'. You will be able to change your location here

Posted

Cant tell aint been out yet. i would say (by looking at cars roofs) 2-3inches.. maybe more.

But had a blinding flash of lightning/thunder during the height of it. :unknw:

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Looking at the 0600 plot, and the low pressure trough extending ESE looking slightly further South than models, but anyway dew points wrong side of marginal now SW of a line from Portsmouth to Exmoor with temps rising steadily, otherwise dps of 0 to -1C over SE, lower North of the M4:

http://meteocentre.com/analyse/map.php?hou...g=en&map=UK

About 4-5 cms here, though snow has become rather light now with the heavier stuff North of here, hoping the thaw doesn't set in too quickly.