Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Reports, Early April 2008

Posted

Pretty heavy snow here in Twickenham at the moment - approx. 1cm everywhere with the exception of raods/pavements. First snow on the ground I have seen this year and 1) I have to come to London, and, 2) it's April!!!

Posted

not seen snow like this in portsmouth for well over 10 years bizzard conditions right on south coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I have between 1 and 2 inches of snow, this is the most snow I have had this year....and it's the middle of spring - incredible.

Posted

Snowing here in Shoeburyness now, really didn't expect this a very nice surprise. :)

I thought we were going to be too far east to get anything.

Posted

Whey heyyyyy at last we have some snow :) Snowing very hard at the moment, laying nicely and a good covering so far, had hail storm to begin with but soon changed to snow,

so excitied think i'm going to have to get up and go outside lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

2nd Heavy snow shower, adding to the snow on the ground

Posted

Heavy snow with huge flakes coming down here in Kilmarnock. Covering already. Heaviest snow of the winter... :):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

OMG :):):D Its snowing in Freshwater all the way down here :)post-4726-1207467781_thumb.jpg

Posted

Heavy snow here in NE Essex, just starting to settle on the greenery :) ASL 90ft

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Been snowing here on the south coast for about 45 mins.It started with big flakes but is now just light and almost stopped.It has left a covering on the trees and cars etc but has not settled on the paths and road.First snow for us all winter(if it is still winter!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Sleet has just turned to wet snow here in Jersey! I noticed that the temperature at Jersey Airport dropped from 5.0C to 0.8C in a matter of minutes...nothing settling here though...but I guess you can't have it all :)

Posted

Snowing here, started with hail, sleet but now settling and looking white! and we are about 50 metres from coast

Posted

Clear blue sky and around 2.5in of wonderful snow here in Atherstone Warks .. more than we had over winter .. in fact more than we have had for a number of years :clap:

Posted

About an inch here in west London at the moment: there would have been more but the ground's warm so it's melting from underneath.

Posted

wasn't snowing at 6 according to the hubby!! around to inches has fallen so far and looks like much more to come :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

A magical event has happened here in Wimborne! At 6.30am I awoke and looked out and saw a green garden. I went back to sleep cursing the weather gods. At 8.00am my little girl ran in shouting to look out. And there to my amazment it was a winter wonderland!!!

The snow has stopped falling now, melting rapidly on the ground. We are off driving towards the South East (New Forest Area) to find the 8cms of snow which has supposed to have fallen. :clap:

Posted

Snowing since approx 7am here, started wet then became moderate to heavy, settling on all surfaces apart from roads and pavements to depth of about 5 cm to the naked eye on a level surface. Now turning light.

Posted

Quite a surprise to wake up to snow here in Gravesend, we normally don't get it, as seem to have weather all of our own sometimes! Snowing heavily with large flakes, adding to the covering on the ground; it looks like it could well stick around for a while. On Thursday, I sat in the garden with my mum having lunch in 18 degrees of sunshine - what a weird, wonderful country we live in!

Posted

Was not expecting a great deal today but we have had thunder snow here in exeter! Looking at the radar we may have had some showers through the night but at around 7.30 we had some very dark clouds come over which gave an intense fall of hail or graupel and a couple of cracks of thunder. It quickly turned to heavy snow and gave a covering of about 1cm. A few snow flurries since but the covering is melting extremely quickly in the warm sunshine.

Cheers

S

Posted

post-5278-1207469718_thumb.jpg

Heavy snow in my back garden taken an hour ago still coming down fast and now at least 3" . Just dropped my daughter to work and Biggin Hill high street looks snow bound for the first time this year.post-5278-1207470113_thumb.jpg

post-5278-1207469989_thumb.jpg

Posted

Had about a inch over night now have a weather warning for more this morning