Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Reports, Early April 2008

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Starting to snow lightly here. This event was pretty awful for us, had a covering last night and it was very cold indeed (-5'C), but it's starting again so here's to hoping.

Posted

WOW! Snow on the South Coast in April!

Began at 8:40am with small grain snow and soon progressed to heavy flakes settling rapidly.

7cm laying snow and a temp of 2C at midday.

The local radio has gone mad and is playing christmas songs B)

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Rain, sleet then snow,sleet then rain,sleet, snow etc,etc, Awful day........... wish it were summer...!

Posted

Here in Dagenham, Essex, just the best snow since Jan 2004 here, wonderful heavy falls since 7:30am this morning, and although most of the snow is now slowly melting to slush and temps rising to 4.9c, it is still snowing lightly with small flakes of snow blowing in the cold moderate northerly wind.

Went out this morning with the kids at around 8:30am, and some great wintry scenes over the fields behind our house!

Unbelievable that only 2 days ago, it was 17c, and people were mowing there lawns, and bees were flying about doing there business, t-shirts worn by many etc, and today, covered in 2-3 inches of lying snow! Crazy weather.

Hoping for more in the south east overnight and maybe up til Tuesday, but to be honest, I think the quoter has been met now, I've seen enough snow this winter, now for a warm spring. That would be nice, a few beers in the garden watching the kids play is keenly thought of now.

Good fun today though, I hope most saw some today, especially the snow starved south coast, and south west!

post-8263-1207481910_thumb.jpg

post-8263-1207482064_thumb.jpg

Posted

Had huge fluffy flakes falling from about 11:45 to 12:45, snow is still heavy although has turned into the "finer" sort now and not quite the huge flakes of earlier. Accumilated fairly well considering it was 18c (64f) 48 hours ago!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Had a good 2-3 inches of snow earlier this morning. Most of of it has melted, but patches still remain in places :)

The deepest of any snowfall this winter.

Posted

Started snowing about 4:30am (CCTV says so!) and finished about 6:00. Left about 20mm on all surfaces except roads and pavements, which were clear. Melted by mid-day. Must have been fairly sticky as my weather vane and anemometer both jammed up until mid-morning! Registed as 2mm of rainfall (when it melted into the gauge...)

7&Y

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Well I will join the long list for snow reports , had a bout 3 to 4 inches of snow in Evesham when I woke up this morning, lovely winter wonderland albeit late.! :) I cant remmember as much snow in April before,certainly in my life time, most of it gone now except for some northfacing shady places! Great stuff! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall in particular but most aspects of weather, hate hot and humid.

About an hour or so of quite heavy snow here in deepest south Dorset between 7 and 8 am. Just about settled on rooves and grass before dying out. Looks to have been considerably more on the hills in the north of the county. Rest of morning a mixture of good sunny spells and light flurries of big flakes. Just got much darker in the last few minutes which could be the blob of blue and green currently heading my way on the meto radar.

Yes there it is another burst of light to moderate snow as I write.

Posted

Same as Snowdog and Sunkissed earlier woke to a light dusting but it'd all disappeared within 1/2 hour. Had the odd snow showers here and there. Nothing lying sadly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I can safely say that it has finally snowed here in Yatton for the last fifteen minutes. Now clearing up again with cu-nimbs every else.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Heavy snow in Cardiff and Rhondda Cynon Taff. Had very heavy snow not so long accumlations of 4cm here at 150meters. Metoffice radar shows very heavy preciptation we just had moving over SW England. Showers across wales are increasing in intenstiy. Lower levels in Cardiff area had hail teh size of 10pence. I will upload pictures later.

Posted

Has been snowing on and off all day, but for last half hour has been very heavy and now settling.

Took a trip along A2 - laying snow from Bridge onwards - white all the way and across the downs at Barham.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
Heavy snow in Cardiff and Rhondda Cynon Taff. Had very heavy snow not so long accumlations of 4cm here at 150meters. Metoffice radar shows very heavy preciptation we just had moving over SW England. Showers across wales are increasing in intenstiy. Lower levels in Cardiff area had hail teh size of 10pence. I will upload pictures later.

I can confirm no Hail or Snow showers currently here west of Cardiff.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Finally stopped snowing bar the odd light flake in the wind, after light/mod/heavy since 8-9am this morning, 8cms the total depth. Not bad for early Spring.

Current temp 1.6C - still grey

A few random pics from earlier:

post-1052-1207500482_thumb.jpg

post-1052-1207500414_thumb.jpg

post-1052-1207500379_thumb.jpg

Finally stopped snowing bar the odd light flake in the wind, after light/mod/heavy since 8-9am this morning, 8cms the total depth. Not bad for early Spring.

Current temp 1.6C - still grey

A few random pics from earlier:

Nice snowy pictures.

Is your dewpoint -3c?