Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch : Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted
Anbody know if Barry will get some, I have seen people with more dandruff than the amount thats falling here at the moment...

it's not too far from you now mate.

cardiff should be just getting the leading edges of it now.

Posted

Snow finally stopped here :( Not likely to get any more either as the band that has just passed is moving westwards and the band that's over london is moving north :(

Still got a decent 2 inch covering and went sledging today <_<

Posted
Lots of big fat flakes falling now and starting to cover ground that was wet and hadn't taken snow all day <_<

It looks like it might last a while as well.

Stopped here..just wondering if you were still getting it there? And any update on the current predicted path of earlyer radar ? Is it still tracking towards us?

Oh..and who won the world cup in 1975? :(

Posted
Stopped here..just wondering if you were still getting it there? And any update on the current predicted path of earlyer radar ? Is it still tracking towards us?

Oh..and who won the world cup in 1975? :(

the West Indies! <_<

Posted
Is it all over for Bristol then?

Still snowing here in Stoke Gifford, but my wife has just come in from work at The Mall, Cribbs...and it's much heavier up there apparently!

Read Roger smith's post in 'Tracking the French Low' thread...excellent post...and it indicates we might get a bit more tonite. :)

Posted
yes Barry will get some as well by the looks,,,its looking good for no work 2moro !

This band of snow headed for Barry etc, is this the same band that hit London today as the Weather is saying now that all bands of Snow are now headed North...

Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Ligh snow showers this afternoon but now some heavier snow falling, with a light covering. Looks like an area of snow is stalling over me at the moment :)

Posted
Still snowing here in Stoke Gifford, but my wife has just come in from work at The Mall, Cribbs...and it's much heavier up there apparently!

Read Roger smith's post in 'Tracking the French Low' thread...excellent post...and it indicates we might get a bit more tonite. :)

Sounds good! Had read it before but thought it was strange how the meto aren't forecasting this? Or are they?

Posted

The reason that many in south west Wales aren't getting much in the way of snow is because as the snow bands pass over the mountains most of the snow is sapped out, so little if any gets further south west. If you look at the radar loop (on meteox.com for example) you'll see this in action - snow hits the mountains and keeps hitting them but nothing appears to the west. As long as the winds continue to come from the east (or north east and south east) then this is likely to continue. We'd better pray for a change in the flow of the snow bands to more of a northerly or north-westerly. :)

Edited by Totoro

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

OMG just measured the level snow and we have 3.5 inches, didnt think we were going to get this much!!!! still snow but not as heavy.

have fun people!!!! :):):)

if you look at the met office radar it just spinning on top of us.

Edited by fromey

Posted
That looks great. Would luv to see a higher quality version. :)

thx Mark ...will put a better one up tomorrow,its to big the at moment needs editing..I might send it to PAUL..also my vids loose quality when i up load them to you tube........

here the snow as ended....and the fat lady sings :)

gone real cold here...

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Still seems too good to be true :) Been snowing all day light most of the time but moderate and heavy showers mixed in.

The BBC didn't say anything about Thursday but my local ITV are predicting "More persistant snow on Thursday" I couldn't believe it. :)

Still snowing now :)

Posted

still coming down, 2 1/2 hours now, laying on roads and paths now quite well.

Over 1/2 an inch this evening, double what we got overnight.

Posted

Back home in Weymouth now. Had about 3 cm altogether today in Wareham where I work but a small smattering is all that Weymouth has had!

Seriously, if you ever want to see a proper snow sheild watch the METO radar from 16:30 through to 18:30 and look at Weymouth, if it was so comical I think I'd cry! :):)

Posted
OMG just measured the level snow and we have 3.5 inches, didnt think we were going to get this much!!!! still snow but not as heavy.

have fun people!!!! :):):)

if you look at the met office radar it just spinning on top of us.

Yeah. Looks like south somerset and north devon are going to get another pasting in next hour or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Oh..and who won the world cup in 1975? :)

Has been very heavy for about an hour. Added about 3-4cm. Lighter now but more to come.

It seems to be weakening as it passes Yeovil but there is a line moving SW which is to my NW that is coming in your direction.

Oh, and Australia won the 1975 Rugby League World Cup!