Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Guest Shetland Coastie
Patience my young Padawans - this northerly hasn't really started yet.

Keep watch here:

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

and on the Netweather Radar.

I expect more to come tonight.

Indeed Lady P, still mainly NE'ly here at the moment but temp dropping all the time as the colder air filters down and the all important dewpoint has just hit zero C. :whistling:

Edited by Shetland Coastie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Keep watch here:

Good for your location LadyPakal, hope you get a worthwhile pile of the white stuff.

But south of Stirling, there'll be little snow action for the central belt from any northerly.

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m
Good for your location LadyPakal, hope you get a worthwhile pile of the white stuff.

But south of Stirling, there'll be little snow action for the central belt from any northerly.

might as well give up now then :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

not bad snow here lying in the garden

maybe a few cms and still going steadily but not really lying on roads yet

Posted

It's not really your typical northerly tho' it is - cold anyway, the low is reaching out to one further south - if you look at the isobars on the charts it is drawing the cold air further south than normally, and there are a few little kinks and whatnot to the north ready to be drawn in as well. Just have to wait and see how it goes.

Posted

This is a disgrace. Well over three hours of snowfall, a good enough covering and no mention of this on Sky or BBC? :yahoo:

I mean, how much of a story do they need? My hut roof is covered!

:D

Edited by Delta X-Ray

Posted

Keep watch here:

I hope your right, we have had a lot of continual snowfall here today but as it was falling, the laying snow started to melt, whilst it was falling...not really seen that before, you would think it would be sleet but it was rael snow flakes...as the sun has gone down it seems to be warmer! I'm in Banchory by the way, not stonehaven!!!

Posted

If you have netweather extra, go to the radar and turn on the 850 lines (T850), then go back through time and follow what has happened - you will see why it hasn't really stuck.

Then look to the north...

Posted

There is definately heavier precipitation behind the initial band that arrived and has been stuck to the north of the central belt. The winds are still light westerly atm across this area but will turn more northerly throughout the evening. Aviemore now has heavy snow and this was heavy rain a couple of hours ago.

Posted

In Ballater today woke up to good 10 inches of nice snow - but it's been melting most of this a/noon as temps got up to 3.5 degs

It seems to have set at 1 deg. at the moment but is no detectable wind to bring things along.

According to charts should be on the way so am waiting eagerly for the next deposit (I've got the a/noon off tomorrow) :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening
Light snow here. Very fine flakes so at its present rate it will take 230891048290 years to leave a dusting :)

That's just silly.

It'll never lie in Kilmanock :lol: it's lying here :crazy: . I fell asleep though so I missed it :)

Posted
That's just silly.

It'll never lie in Kilmanock :) it's lying here :crazy: . I fell asleep though so I missed it :)

You have probably not missed it as actually still snowing in Glasgow. Its just so fine its hard to see.

Posted

Oh I didn't mean I totally missed it :crazy: . I just missed what must have been a bit heavier though the proper stuff isn't until tonight so join me when I say...............

MON THEN!

:)

Posted
That's just silly.

It'll never lie in Kilmanock :lol: it's lying here :crazy: . I fell asleep though so I missed it :)

It already is, wake up :)

Settling on the road as well now.

Posted
You have probably not missed it as actually still snowing in Glasgow. Its just so fine its hard to see.

thats why lamp posts were invented for u can see it very clearly

Posted
It already is, wake up :)

Settling on the road as well now.

Sorry to tell you Ross but I just went past in a pickup and sprinkled fake snow everywhere :) . I'll be back round with the fake grit later :rolleyes:

Edited by WhiteXmas

Posted

Had about 20min of very fine snow here which has given a slight covering on very cold ground. Can see that Northern plunge quite clearly now on the Sat pics (actually being held up slightly by the front) but am still of the opinion that this is drier air, ie I still cannot see where any heavier precip will come from. Bearing in mind that the heavier stuff over the highlands is often due to elevation in a Northerly. Am I missing something :rolleyes:

Temp -1C DP-2C at the moment. May be of some interest to others near my location that the temps should in fact start rising soon but do not fear...They will drop quickly again as that colder air (fluffy stuff on the IR radar) reaches us.

Posted

Evening All :)

Snowing in East kilbride for last 3 hours, started of light, gettin heavy now. :):):rolleyes:

17.40 EK Weather Station:

Temp: -1.3c

Dew Point: -2.0c

Humidex: -3.9c

Wind: WSW 5.5Mph

Cloud Base: 968ft

Regards

Gaby :)