Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorkshire

Posted

It will probably be a non event for hull etc once again. Although conditions look on the right side of marginal, im still holding my breath. It somehow always manages to avoid us or full as a rain in Hull.

I reckon itll be snizzle with 5 big flakes, thats about it ;)

Or it will either hit the outskirts of hull and fizzle out to 2 drizzles per second

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
THE UKMO 12z CHART ;) hull is in firein line also!

Indeed, cant wait. Looks like some quite heavy NO. Temperatures are too marginal for anything of the white variety here, especially with the wind coming in off the North Sea.

Looking at the charts Id be suprised if anywhere on low ground in the region had snow from this. Surface temperatures, dewpoints and the upper air temperatures all look to be the wrong side of marginal in the majority of cases.

Could be just a lot of cold rain and sleet.

Edited by reef

Posted
Indeed, cant wait. Looks like some quite heavy NO. Temperatures are too marginal for anything for the white variety here, especially with the wind coming in off the North Sea.

Looking at the charts Id be suprised if anywhere on low ground in the region had snow from this. Surface temperatures, dewpoints and the upper air temperatures all look to be the wrong side of marginal in the majority of cases.

Could be just a lot of cold rain and sleet.

Read my above post, btw 850's are the best in the country accross us and east riding of yorkshire, of course Scotland's are better, dews are not a problem :S dont know where your getting that from, cos the charts certainly dont show that. It's 0.5c here

Posted
Read my above post, btw 850's are the best in the country accross us and east riding of yorkshire, of course Scotland's are better, dews are not a problem :S dont know where your getting that from, cos the charts certainly dont show that. It's 0.5c here

Im talking about tomorrow. ;)

I didnt realise the post was referring to today.

Edit: In fact, the original post was about tomorrow, as it was referring to the UKMO chart at T+42.

Edited by reef

Posted
Im talking about tomorrow. :doh:

I didnt realise the post was referring to today.

Edit: In fact, the original post was about tomorrow, as it was referring to the UKMO chart at T+42.

Ah in that case i agree, a total non event tomorrow, the metoffice must have the biggest hanging balls to put a warning out like they have. Everything is on the wrong side of marginal more or less everywhere!!!

Posted

The temperature is 1.5C here, so Im a little worried it could be sleet. I guess Ill know in a few minutes.

Posted

moderate snow falling now, has been for 10 to 15 mins. car is white over and drive is has got a light covering, even though theres still salt and grit on it. Loks like another night of radar and lamp post wating. ( HA HA )

Posted
The temperature is 1.5C here, so Im a little worried it could be sleet. I guess Ill know in a few minutes.

0.4c and im not far from where you live near the deep. Very weird ay.. Maybe its warming from the town centre :D

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Getting heavier here car getting covered as it the drive way and parts of the road again.

Posted

Well, rain has turned to snow now. Starting too stick very quickly, so ppn probably needed to pep up (as it has done).

Done expect much, but should be a covering on the cards looking at the radar.

Posted
0.4c and im not far from where you live near the deep. Very weird ay.. Maybe its warming from the town centre :D

Theres quite a microclimate here as Im literally on the river front. You can drive to the top of the street and it can be 1C colder on a calm night in some cases. In summer its the opposite and maxima tend to be supressed. It shouldnt really affect whether it snows or not though, but definitely if it is going to lay!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Still dry here in Louth (actually it is dry, the 2 dry, breezy days has melted the snow and dried the ground - if snow falls, it'll stick.

Posted
Theres quite a microclimate here as Im literally on the river front. You can drive to the top of the street and it can be 1C colder on a calm night in some cases. In summer its the opposite and maxima tend to be supressed. It shouldnt really affect whether it snows or not though, but definitely if it is going to lay!

Depends on ground temps, the ground is frozen solid here still with patches of frost/ice still visable. Heres hoping, but for you right on the river, it certainly will be harder/struggle to stick.

Good luck:) not long til we find out lol

Posted

Typical both lamposts near my house have gone out! looks like ill be security light watching instead now in the back garden! Have an idea though dangle a piece of string with a ball attatched and hang it from the top window, saves me running outside every second :)

Not long now to find out what it falls as

Posted

Very light sleet here for the timebeing, heavier precip moving in now so expecting a gradual change to snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

very slowly getting heavier perhaps we will make a centimetre after all.

Posted

I think you should move to a colder location, reef. :hi:

This afternoon we went for a drive this afternoon through Walkington. As we got to the other side all the fields still had a decent covering of snow.

We continued to High Hunsley on the B1230 and then took a right turn towards North Newbald then we took a left turn down a single track lane called Whin Lane.

As soon as we turned down we realised that it might not have been the smartest idea. Drifts, ice and a steepish hill.

Luckily we managed to negotiate a 9-point turn and came back to the safety of the main road.

We decided after this that a brisk walk on the Westwood would be a good idea. I was surprised by just how hard/frozen the ground was.

It's currently snowing lightly here and there is a covering on the cars.

gobbyash

Posted

Very light snow for the last hour or so, even managed a slight dusting which to be honest is more than i expected given how light the snow has been, looks like it may go on till 9-10pm :hi: . That's gone and done it :lol:

Posted
Very light snow for the last hour or so, even managed a slight dusting which to be honest is more than i expected given how light the snow has been, looks like it may go on till 9-10pm :D . That's gone and done it :clap:

It's a bit disappointing atm. It needs to intensify a lot to give a covering.

Posted

There is a covering up the top of the hill :clap: , it may intensify over the next hour or so more esp towards the south :D