Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
So, its not going to get much further north to affect me in North Birmingham, and its gone too far East anyway..

Blah.

Nevermind... :wallbash::wallbash:

How can you say its too far east its looking a direct hit for brum..

patience snow wariors, patience.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
So, its not going to get much further north to affect me in North Birmingham, and its gone too far East anyway..

Blah.

just started hear in henly, at last lol

Posted

Blah.

it means we ll b dissapointed in wolve's ?

Posted
Any1 from Reading here - if so, any snow falling there???

Whatever it's doing in Reading it's been pretty heavy for the past hour or so. If it's snow they must have a significant covering by now, one would assume.

Posted

It has arrived - finally! Not much so far but flakes blowing in the slight breeze.

I think it has slowed up - I've been watching the radar for ages and it was over my location but nothing doing outside - maybe it's that weird effect The Enforcer mentioned in his post a while back?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Whatever it's doing in Reading it's been pretty heavy for the past hour or so. If it's snow they must have a significant covering by now, one would assume.

Well then, 3 inches in Oxfordshire and still snowing... Still looks good for Northants surely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Still snowing in Oxford any1???

Any1 from Reading here - if so, any snow falling there???

How much snow you got over there (about 25 miles south east of me)

Very heavy here, settling everywhere and its just started to get really heavy again

temp -0.8c

fantastic stuff

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Blah.

The radar is suggesting that the heavy echo's of Bristol and Glos are heading your way, albeit slowly but as Mackeral Sky has indicated this could well pay dividends. Keep the faith.

Posted
How can you say its too far east its looking a direct hit for brum..

patience snow wariors, patience.

HA! snow warriors, i like it!

CHER! Do u have snow???

Posted
Well then, 3 inches in Oxfordshire and still snowing... Still looks good for Northants surely.

Not sure Andy, looks as if the ppn is moving more NWly now rather than straight Nly earlier. Could see the heaviest stuff missing us to our west. Although some fairly heavy stuff around the London area around about now - that should reach us surely?

Posted

The radar is showing precip overhead, but it is bone dry. Okay, I wasn't expecting anything until 3am, but the radar is testing my patience somewhat and I have to call it in the next 15 mins to get some modecum of sleep, or end up with egg on my face and falling asleep at my desk.

Posted
The radar is showing precip overhead, but it is bone dry. Okay, I wasn't expecting anything until 3am, but the radar is testing my patience somewhat and I have to call it in the next 15 mins to get some modecum of sleep, or end up with egg on my face and falling asleep at my desk.

The radar is annoying the heck out of me, we should have had light snow about 20 minutes ago, still nothing and the sky isn't even that orange glow when precip is around and it's cold enough for snow... Very very frustrating.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Dewpoint and temp still ok and precipitation overhead, but still nothing falling .........have those brummies put up a snow shield, come on own up !!

Posted
According to a webcam im looking at in london, its raining there.....

That is what London was supposed to get tonight.

Posted
The radar is annoying the heck out of me, we should have had light snow about 20 minutes ago, still nothing and the sky isn't even that orange glow when precip is around and it's cold enough for snow... Very very frustrating.

LOL!! It's coming, don't worry :wallbash:

Posted

20mins andy id say, ignore the lighter blue stuff on the radar, wait til the greens hit you, should have something then surely

Posted

The sky has the same orange glow about it here too; trouble is, nothing falling out of it just yet regardless of the radar.

Just updated by the way to show a whole load of sleet south of my postcode. Just to remind people not to panic about this as it's using old GFS data; but still, grim viewing really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Sorry for those missing out but its just chucking it down

I would guess we have had 3 inches already