Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

The Heavy rain has just turned to heavy snow here in dorset at last!! would take a while to get our 6 inches forecast though lol!! lets hope we get some sort of accumulation out of it as its starting to set on waterlogged grass and wet roads, cars etc!

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
The Heavy rain has just turned to heavy snow here in dorset at last!! would take a while to get our 6 inches forecast though lol!! lets hope we get some sort of accumulation out of it as its starting to set on waterlogged grass and wet roads, cars etc!

Do i remember you saying you are in wimbourne?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Had a fresh dusting but annoyingly all the snow is about 2 miles away from us now on the radar and will be like that for ages. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

It`s been flurrying for about 2hrs here but a little heavier now.1c outside.

Edited by phil n.warks.

Posted
Do i remember you saying you are in wimbourne?

Yes, i am, not much happening here again now!! I hear Shaftesbury have had a foot of snow!! Temp is falling each hour here which i guess is a good sign perhaps!

Edited by Snowman15

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Very heavy Moulton, 50p and larger sized flakes

Posted

Very Heavy snow overnight here with thunder and lightning to boot which woke me up about 6am. been drizzling since but just turned back to proper snow again now albeit quite wet snow.

Posted

Moderate snow now falling. We were supposed to be right in the thick of it, but looks as if all the heavier precipitation is further north towards leicester and northampton......is this heavier precip going to sink south towards my area?

How are you all doing up there?

Edited by JamieUK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

This week has been good but annoying for one thing- The Forecasts in which every single snow event we had never came to what was expected where just a few miles literally away grabs it all. E.G Yesterday The East bagged it all when we should of had the most

Now today we have just missed out by a few miles again. Not one forecast has been right for here this week really in terms of amounts of snow and precpitation location which is a shame. :crazy:

Posted

Getting lighter here now but 4-5 inches of new snow this morning. 8-9 inches lying!!! Good grief. Anymore today and we'll be pushing a foot in places - if starts sinking back SE as forecast! Hopfully with the colder uppers, we won't see the same thaw yesterday that removed a good 3 inches off the top of yesterday's snow.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

Hi everyone!

Still snowing lightly here, I've had to take another snow day so I have been having a frolic!

Measures about 11cm in the back garden. Hope you're all enjoying the snow! x

Posted

This is so annoying. The snow band is curremtly showing that it has just arrived over us, but we haven't got anything and it has been the same all morning, with it staying just a couple of miles to the south of us. All I want is some more snow :crazy:

Posted
Getting lighter here now but 4-5 inches of new snow this morning. 8-9 inches lying!!! Good grief. Anymore today and we'll be pushing a foot in places - if starts sinking back SE as forecast! Hopfully with the colder uppers, we won't see the same thaw yesterday that removed a good 3 inches off the top of yesterday's snow.

Lucky, with all the forecasts we should of had that too but its just thawing away with not much left apart from on the grass. :crazy:

Posted
How are you all doing up there?

Amazed of how much snow has fell in shuch a short time.flakes are getting bigger must be 4-5 inches of new snow since 8am !!!

Posted

After a centimetre or so of wet snow in the early hours (with some thunder around 6am) we have a light rain/sleet mix at present here in Reading. So far the weather hasn't been as severe as expected here, and the remains of the snow from earlier this week are slowly melting. Temperature currently 0.7, after last night's minimum of -0.1.

Posted
Very heavy Moulton, 50p and larger sized flakes

Son's football practice has been called off in moulton for this evening.

Would not want to travel down the back routes from kingsthorpe to moulton :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
This week has been good but annoying for one thing- The Forecasts in which every single snow event we had never came to what was expected where just a few miles literally away grabs it all. E.G Yesterday The East bagged it all when we should of had the most

However what is your loss is someone elses gain :o

Must have had 10 inches last 48 hrs

Now a bit of sleet and at 1.3c a slight thaw with I guess a rapid re freeze tonight if skies clear and BBC suggest some places could get down to -8c

Posted
Still snowing in Northampton,not has heavy but a good 3 inches has fell since 8am.

Not as heavy?? It's pelting down harder than ever before! Quite amazing really.

Northampton town centre cam:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northamptonshire/cont...re_webcam.shtml

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
One min its seems to ease, next flakes like old pound notes

:o

We had that in North Oxfrodshire an hour ago. seem to stop then start up again

Now all stoped maybe some light sleet