Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Considering this was all clear apart from a patch of Ice on the decking, think we are having quite a bit atm, flakes are really big too.

Pic taken 11.45pm:

ghfghjj011.jpg

Posted

Snow stopped here now as well but a nice welcoming home to essex tonight has been, probably only a 1cm out there but thats nice enough and tomorrow may only see small amounts of melting occur given how low temps are expected to be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Hows this for orange sky lol

ghfghjj010.jpg

Posted
Considering this was all clear apart from a patch of Ice on the decking, think we are having quite a bit atm, flakes are really big too.

Pic taken 11.45pm:

ghfghjj011.jpg

No - No covering here, seems to have missed us again, Not having much luck this winter.

Still keeping positive plenty of time around Easter :)

Can see the Orange Glow over you way to my west though

Can anyone tell if this is more snow coming inland?

No not really, just the front dying out - pretty much it for tonight now, expect Skies to clear and temps down to -4c :(

Posted

Paul S, we could always house swap, I rather fancy living in Leigh lol.

Anyway off to bed now its exhausting all this weather watching!

Michelle

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Snow now settling over the garden and cars. The ball of snow in the neighbours garden that has survived the thaw and rain since Sun/Mon is I'm sure rejoicing at seeing its comrades fluttering to earth :D

Posted

The other thing to note is there is a chance for a very cold day on Sunday, given the very low overnight temps that will occur on Saturday night plus the increasing cloud cover during the afternoon we do have a decent chance of coming close to an ice day, though I suspect temps may just rise a touch above freezing on Sunday as the front comes in.

Posted

Pouring with rain at Excel earlier...Now just cold and fine.......No Monday snow to view either

Mind you have not seen snow like we saw Sunday/Monday since 1991 so my missus cant complain!!

Me I hate it lol :D

Still snowing steadily. Trees and hard surfaces are getting those nice white contrasts looking out into the blurred darkness of the night :D

We have not had any snow for some hours now, we had say, 3-4 cms last night and duriing the day but with temeratures above freezing there has been an overall thaw since the first snowfall with about 10 cms, down to about 2 or 3, with the fresh snow.

Now the thermometer says just below 0C but the surface slush and snow has frozen readily and I see a clearance developing in the skies which should herald a drop in temperature down to about -3 to -4C.

Two different forecasts on the ITV and BBC, ITV has the low to west approaching much faster than the BBC.

Understand that there is quite a lot of that white frozen stuff around the country and it will take a lot of energy to melt this, so I suspect it will have a slowing effect on things advancing from the west.

Posted

Just seen weather view they did not exactly paint a bleak picture for SE on Monday/Tuesday, what has been progged as a major event appears likely to be no more than a damp squid?

Snowing again here Banstead/Sutton borders.

Mike - I think that after a hard frost and low dewpoints tomorrow, your remaining snow cover will hold up well.After the snow I had Sun/Mon threre was a thaw on Tues that wiped out about 60% of the snow cover but on Weds the patchy cover that remained hardly melted at all even though temps reached about 4C after an overnight frost. The air was very dry until the arrival of the front on Weds evening when dew points shot up followed by temps and rain set in.

As for me, I have looked outside and I have the heaviest snow of the evening/night :D

edit: huge thick flakes! :D

Getting heavier still :D

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
Just seen weather view they did not exactly paint a bleak picture for SE on Monday/Tuesday, what has been progged as a major event appears likely to be no more than a damp squid?

Snowing again here Banstead/Sutton borders.

what did they say for mon/tues? apparently darren bett at 10.30 said theres a risk of heavy snow on monday

lol!

I had more snow at the start of the week but this is a great follow up to that. Roads, trees, rooftops covered properly again!

And still a snowstorm!

When you expect snow, you are always happy, But when you don't expect anything, it is a double happy! :D

Posted

judging by the radar, there's a heavy band moving ne through kent. i imagine there's a few cms in this...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
judging by the radar, there's a heavy band moving ne through kent. i imagine there's a few cms in this...

Yup, its looking pretty good down there, pitty that we could not have had such a more organised band earlier moving up through the London area though. :D

It's a ridiculous time for me to be on here but it first starting snowing around 8pm this evening but in the last two hours (when I was about to go to bed as usual) it started snowing really heavily and hasn't let up much since. A bit lighter just recently, but stepping up again. So because of this, I have not been able able resist the bed covers yet! :D

Still snowing now and there is a full fluffy covering over everything - well pleased, even though it is not as much as I saw earlier this week nor by any means the huge amounts other areas have seen either earlier or later this week. :)

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms
I wave the white flag...I have now given up on this particular system. Its raining. :D

Forgive the IMBYism but I'm close to waving a white flag full stop on this winter, and applying for Ipswich to change its name to Abingdon :)

Despite us missing out, great to see that we can still get decent snow events in this country

Edited by Mr Plow

Posted

Deep lying snow here is having a massive effect on our minimum temps.

Currently around E Anglia/SE the min temps are around -2/-3C. However as of 7am Peterborough is -7C!!